26. Apr 2024, 11:30 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: How to build Aragorn?  (Gelesen 6052 mal)

DwarfLord2013

• Hobbit
How to build Aragorn?
« am: 2. Jan 2013, 21:05 »
Hello guys! Thanks for this awesome mod, but since it is in German I understand nothing. Except simple phrases like menu, back, buildings and old units is presented in original game.
About my problem (one among many) - how to build Aragorn for Gondor? And what is text under the Ring in the citadel means? I cannot translate and understand it, please help.

The Dark Ruler

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Road to hell is paved with good intentions
Re:How to build Aragorn?
« Antwort #1 am: 2. Jan 2013, 22:06 »
First you can build Aragorn in his strider form by using the inns on the maps.
He will develop as he levels from the ranger to the hero of Rohan to the heir of Gondor and finally King Elessar.

According to the ring description...
It tells how the ring can be used for Gondor.
You may give the ring to Gandalf (Grey and White) and to Boromir.
Leg dich nicht mit Idioten an. Sie ziehen dich auf ihr Niveau herunter und schlagen dich dann mit ihrer Erfahrung.

DwarfLord2013

• Hobbit
« Antwort #2 am: 2. Jan 2013, 22:52 »
Are inns on the all maps? Or just on someone's?

The Dark Ruler

• Held von Helms Klamm
  • Road to hell is paved with good intentions
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Jan 2013, 22:58 »
As far as i do know they are almost on every normal skirmish map.
Only regions known as being almost sparsely populated are excluded such as the Old Forest where Tom Bombadil lives.
Leg dich nicht mit Idioten an. Sie ziehen dich auf ihr Niveau herunter und schlagen dich dann mit ihrer Erfahrung.

DwarfLord2013

• Hobbit
One more question...
« Antwort #4 am: 3. Jan 2013, 00:24 »
Ok, two more questions.
First, I had an specific action. Playing in mode War of the Ring (by Gondor) I attack with my ally Rohan Helm's Deep (was occupied by Isengard). My ally built the structures and units, but didn't attack...And Isengard was the same - it didn't attack! And I don't sure that it built anything units or structures. It was a bug?...
And second, how to enable my Heroes that I have created? There is no button in the main menu and no available heroes in the skirmish or War of the Ring..

Wisser

• Waldläufer Ithiliens
  • Blut, Eisen, Bourbon und Zitrone...wo ist Freitag?
« Antwort #5 am: 3. Jan 2013, 01:22 »
Edain won´t work with self-created heroes, because this part of the System let the game crash. The KI in Edain also can´t handle with the defense or the Attack in a fortress. And additional the War of the ring doesn´t work without difficultlies because the Systems of Edain are to complex. If you want to play war of the rings without bugs you have to play the original game rise of the withking.

At last, i hope my skills in english are enough to give you some answers to your questions.  :P

Im übrigen bin ich der Ansicht, Karthago müsse zerstört werden.
Tröller!! XD

[spoiler2=DEIN TEXT]SPOILERINHALT[/spoiler2]

Das Leben präsentiert unsl drei Möglichkeiten:

1. Gut sein
2. Gut werden
3. Aufgeben und Aussteigen

Ich bin für einen Adult-Bereich in der MU...mit Scotch und Zigarren xD

DwarfLord2013

• Hobbit
« Antwort #6 am: 3. Jan 2013, 11:50 »
Thanks for your explanation. However, I have played in original War of the Ring so many times from behind this I need to new experiences there. Thus, It weren't my last questions here :)

dskod1

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 11. Mär 2013, 08:13 »
war of the ring doesn't work good????

I have played war of the ring plenty of times in Edain and it works fine. The only problems I have had is on the fortress maps but other than that AI works fine for me.

The major problem I see in the AI in both skirmish and war of the ring (brutal difficulty) is that they don't build much, if not any, siege weapons. This I think is the huge problem with fortress maps, no siege weapons, no winner.

Plus the AI just sucks on defending walls.

As said however Edain is complicated and thus the AI is hard to program for it. Hopefully when 4.0 comes out the new (BFME1) system for building things will make programming the AI a hell of a lot easier

EDIT: Also I have noticed that the AI gives up after 10-20 mins in the game. but this is to be expected. Hopefully in the 4.0 there will be many new AI improvements

« Letzte Änderung: 11. Mär 2013, 08:31 von dskod1 »

Dralo

• Knappe Rohans
  • DragonLord
« Antwort #8 am: 11. Mär 2013, 17:29 »
As I remember the AI was really not better on the original ROTW. The edain team did alot on AI improvements in the last versions. But maybe you are right, 4.0 really might be better at this point.
Well, it might be helpfull to strengthen the AI on fortress maps with some scripting. If player 2 for example would be AI, some ladders and ballistas (or even some more troops) could be spawned... and they could do strong attacks to the main door, while there are other troops hitting the deeping wall....
and for the defender: spawnpoints on top of the walls plus additional barracks...
of course this does not  happen when the players are human so this would make it much more harder to defend or attack.

dskod1

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 11. Mär 2013, 23:56 »
This is why I am thinking 4.0 AI will be better in the siege weapon department.

With pretty much every faction now having walls of which can be mounted and gates the ai will have to be programmed in a way to a) defend these walls and b) attack these walls. so hopefully this will mean more siege weapons and more ai defenders on walls.  :)