28. Mär 2024, 23:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The AI in Edain mod 3.8.1  (Gelesen 13319 mal)

nhincainay

• Bilbos Festgast
The AI in Edain mod 3.8.1
« am: 16. Mai 2013, 13:15 »
I play Edain mod ver 3.81 with my friend vs AI. But i don't see AI use spell book or build wall. So how to make AI build wall or use spell book ?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re:The AI in Edain mod 3.8.1
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Mai 2013, 13:37 »
The AI should already use spellbooks. To change that you have to edit the libraries. We deactivated the walls, as most AIs had the problem, that they build walls, but no gates. Therefore they were quite easy to siege, as they had no chance to get out of their own walls. :P

Prinz von Dol Amroth

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Mai 2013, 13:39 »
In Edain Mod the Wall Building for the AI is disabled.
In my opinion, the AI  use the spell book. The Easy AI never use spell book, but the brutal AI normally use spell book.

Zitat
So how to make AI build wall or use spell book ?
You have to open your Return of the Witchking folder and copy the file ____edain_maps.big in an other folder. There you open the file ____edain_maps.big with the programm Final Big. Than you extract the data\ini\default\skirmishaidata.ini. Than you open the "skirmishaidata.ini" and change this:    DisableWallBuilding        = Yes to    DisableWallBuilding        = No and save this
After that you add the "skirmishaidata.ini" in your ____edain_maps.big with the name data\ini\default\skirmishaidata.ini.
You copy your ____edain_maps.big in the Return of the Witchking folder and replace there the current ____edain_maps.big.
Ich bin der selbst ernannte Herrscher, oberster Befehlshaber und noch vieles anderes von Dol Amroth
oft in tunngle zu finden

nhincainay

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Mai 2013, 19:51 »
I play with Brutal AI but they don't use spell book

nhincainay

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Mai 2013, 20:04 »
In Edain Mod the Wall Building for the AI is disabled.
In my opinion, the AI  use the spell book. The Easy AI never use spell book, but the brutal AI normally use spell book.

Zitat
So how to make AI build wall or use spell book ?
You have to open your Return of the Witchking folder and copy the file ____edain_maps.big in an other folder. There you open the file ____edain_maps.big with the programm Final Big. Than you extract the data\ini\default\skirmishaidata.ini. Than you open the "skirmishaidata.ini" and change this:    DisableWallBuilding        = Yes to    DisableWallBuilding        = No and save this
After that you add the "skirmishaidata.ini" in your ____edain_maps.big with the name data\ini\default\skirmishaidata.ini.
You copy your ____edain_maps.big in the Return of the Witchking folder and replace there the current ____edain_maps.big.

I don't have programm Final Big. I can't change this file  :(

Can u help me upload your file ( edain_maps.big ) ? I really need AI can use spell book in Brutal.

Thank

Prinz von Dol Amroth

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Mai 2013, 20:18 »
I can't change that the AI use Spells, because the AI use already Spells, so I don't know, why the AI don't use Spells by you.

But I have changed, that the AI build walls.
I have made this for you. You have to download it and to copy the file in your Return of the Witchking folder.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-7601342/_____WallBuildingforAI.big.html
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Mai 2013, 20:21 von Prinz von Dol Amroth »
Ich bin der selbst ernannte Herrscher, oberster Befehlshaber und noch vieles anderes von Dol Amroth
oft in tunngle zu finden

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #6 am: 16. Mai 2013, 21:18 »
But as I've already said:
The AI probably won't build gates with some faction, therefore you will have no fun with those walls.

nhincainay

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #7 am: 17. Mai 2013, 06:50 »
Thank all

I was download edain mod 3.8.1 in here

http://www.moddb.com/mods/edain-mod/downloads/edain-mod-381

And edain mod 3.8.1 in english

http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-middle-earth-ii-rise-of-the-witch-king/downloads/klem

AI can use spell book in English version ?

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #8 am: 17. Mai 2013, 08:36 »
It should, but the english version is an unoffical fan made project. So we can't give any support for that.
If you want the official english version you have to wait until 4.0 is released.

nhincainay

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #9 am: 23. Mai 2013, 10:51 »
 :o I was remove edain mod 3.8.1 and ROWK. And install both again.  I try to use german version but the AI can't use spell book  :(

I just update ROTWK but BFME 2 i don't do any thing. AI don't use spell book because i don't update BFME 2 ?

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Re: The AI in Edain mod 3.8.1
« Antwort #10 am: 2. Apr 2015, 10:51 »
edain team, is it possible to apply the 4.0 demo content on 3.8.1 version too to satisfy other players who like to build everywhere too please ( of course if it is possible ) ? thank you.

Gnomi

• Administrator
Re: The AI in Edain mod 3.8.1
« Antwort #11 am: 2. Apr 2015, 11:04 »
No, we won't change 3.81 in any way. It's an old version and we are just working on 4.0 and newer versions. We have explained many times why we won't make it all available for a second free build version.^^