29. Mär 2024, 00:27 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Demo 4.0 - Your First Impressions!  (Gelesen 18446 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Edain Demo 4.0 - Your First Impressions!
« Antwort #30 am: 4. Apr 2015, 21:45 »
It certainly looks like a younger Helda XD
I wonder! Does she have some relatives from Rhun?!

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #31 am: 4. Apr 2015, 21:50 »
It certainly looks like a younger Helda XD
I wonder! Does she have some relatives from Rhun?!

Honestly,
I was a little bit limited during creating such amazing character.  :P

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #32 am: 7. Apr 2015, 07:14 »
Believe it or not from the realeasing of the Demo I have played a lot I mean really unhelthy amount of games XD XD XD and today for the first time I got the One Ring with Theoden...and I must say that the Team made such excellent work with him!!I mean I like his looks the Red Coat and all,but mostly his Powers it is something like he is trying his best to Return the Former Glory of Rohan form the past Ages!!I really like how those powers while making his Army,Kingdom and Familly stronger it makes him loose himself into the power of the Ring and weakens him!!It really shows in very accurate way how the Rings would have affected him!It is so nice to see that!!All and all another great work guys I am so happy for what you do and please just contuinue doing it! ;)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #33 am: 9. Apr 2015, 12:13 »
Edain demo is awesome. Mainly, I like the English voices and building system from bfme 1.  (**)

I love rohan in 4.0 and all the new things, especially new three generals and Theoden with one ring. Just a pity that Rohan does not have second option for the outpost.

I love new Gondor's ram. New models for Gondor soldiers are amazing. But It is a pity that it is no longer possible to use a combo Faramir + Gondor riders like in bfme 1. I think that Faramir should have the horse much earlier like 1-3 level.

I love the new units in Mordor as Guldur orcs and Khamul fron hobbit films. I also like new integration of Rhun and Harad units in spellbook. But you can hear the horn of Harad also If come reinforcements from Rhun. Could it be possible implement different and original horns?
Rhun and Harad have different horn in the films:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNVvtvmpl-g&t=27

Isengard is much better in 4.0. No more furnaces spam like in 3.8.1. Uruk scouts and captains are much better than in 3.8.1. But I don't like english voice for Bill Ferry. This voice is more fits for the hero from Rhun/Harad.

CaH is better than vanilla, I like the new class. But It is impossible to create charakters as Madril or Lindir that would look exactly like in the movie. I hope that CaH will be much better in future versions with more options for appearance.
WOTR unplayable because you can't build a castles/camps, please fix this.
Ai is much better than in 3.8.1. Now Ai builds most of heroes, units and use spellbook. But it is a pity that Rohan/Gondor does not prevent the fortress. Ai don't build a towers or catapults. This destroys the feeling of siege.

But I don't like two thing in 4.0:
Fire arrows/elite units only on the 3. level buildings. I think that should be available on 2. level like in bfme 1. It is almost impossible to get this elite units or fire arrows. You must build many units which really don't need.  8-|
Also, the battles in game is too slow, I think that the units and buildings should be a little less HP.

I look forward to the full version and another factions.  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Apr 2015, 15:09 von Tienety »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #34 am: 9. Apr 2015, 12:31 »
You seem to pity lots of things  :D

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #35 am: 9. Apr 2015, 22:56 »
Glad to see you around here Tienety!  :D

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #36 am: 12. Apr 2015, 19:39 »
Hi! It's my very first post here, others will probably come now that I'm getting used to MU. :D

I'll try to make it short: I really like... ehm love! 4.0. All those things that I've been reading on moddb that finally come true without any disappointment.. That's outrageously good!
Anyways, I'm not gonna list out all the pros because it would be far too long and people have already done it for me! ^^

Just a few things:
- I'd love a wiki for Edain with all the stuff and the features that are in the mod. For instance I've been playing for weeks and I still don't know what really is the ring power of Theoden. ^^
- Even though I really like the global downgrade of heroes, I think it's too restrictive to give them only one task. Sometimes it also looks absurd in game and far from the lore. Some examples: Grima or Hama being ridiculously tanky for no more than a Rohan general. If you really think it benefits the gameplay, I'd consider looking for two roles per hero.
- The AI is so different from a map to another: sometimes very strong, sometimes weirdly weak.

Overall, this is so much better than 3.8. Fantastic job! (Love especially the great work done for the english translations and voices)

"That still only counts as one!"

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #37 am: 12. Apr 2015, 19:44 »
It's my very first post here, others will probably come

We hope as well!  :D
Glad to see you here.  ;)

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #38 am: 12. Apr 2015, 22:04 »
So, are you gonna tell me more about Theoden ring powers? Or shall I have to do it by myself? :P

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #39 am: 12. Apr 2015, 22:13 »
So, are you gonna tell me more about Theoden ring powers? Or shall I have to do it by myself? :P

Really interesting concept. Memories of old Rohan warriors through the One ring. Mass support for units and king's family, but each ability weakens its value ... - 20 % armor and - 10 % speed.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #40 am: 12. Apr 2015, 22:34 »
Really interesting! Thanks.

Adrigabbro

« Antwort #41 am: 15. Apr 2015, 17:03 »
Just had a great game with 3 friends playing Gondor x Rohan vs. Isengard x Mordor on Central Ithillien. I was Rohan and I had been driving a massive Rohirrim army for 45 minutes; hell yeah that was insane.
The feelings you get when Theoden yells after activating his lvl 10 power (the whole speech of the movie: amazing), when my Gondor partner released the Army of the Undead on the Mordor army, when Saruman was launching fireballs at my Ents who were trying to take down his citadel...
I have never been so close to such a game in 1 year of 3.8.1. I know a lot of people have already been thanking you for this, including me, but that's truely earned! You're doing such an amazing work guys! ;)

Dwarves_of_VFX

• Hobbit
« Antwort #42 am: 18. Mai 2015, 09:13 »
I liked the gondor and anor faction and the rohirim as well but I was sad because there are no dwarves for me dwarves allways win the day
N.F

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #43 am: 18. Mai 2015, 09:15 »
The dwarves will come.  ;)

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #44 am: 15. Jun 2015, 12:08 »
Hello, new french guy here !
I followed Edain mod since years, very pleasant to play. Even with a french game, and it's fun to play a game with mixed french/english/german things (Saruman in german, awesome).

The version 4.0 is.. disturbing ! The "regression" for BFME 1 system is strange but not unpleasant.
I think fanatics of BFME 2 system can always play the 3.8.1 version, which was some sort of final version, in this kind.
There are so many things added in 4.0 .. What to say ? Most players above have already said everything. Agree with many things. This mod is a pearl.

I have to play many more skirmishes to appreciate everything, but what has been done is alreay great and I find the mod well balanced. What I want to see now is other factions ^^ (dwarves of course, goblins/misty mountains that are my favorite ennemies, elves, but Angmar too +++, the fight with Arnor could be awesome).

• The system [Arnor for west maps/Gondor for east maps] is awesome.
  • Awesome system for farms and the three updates
  • In the launcher, we should choose between 3.8.1 and 4.0.
  • Rams are an awesome addition.
  • I played Mordor and my ennemies AI (Gondor/Arnor) upgrade armors/weapons pretty fast.
  • I played with Arnor yesterday, fun faction to play. The armors upgrade visuals are not significant though (just change tabard for armor.. !).
  • A big difference between medium and hard difficulties (before, I used to play in brutal and it was challenging, there was some sort of progression => there in just hard, ennemies arrive full stuff after 2-3 skirmishes..!)
  • The fact that Mordor relies +++ on outpost to build strong armies incites to play offensive, it's a good thing.
  • Camps for Rohan are a great addition
  • +1 to reinforce Southron/Haradrim system, but including them in the powers was already a good idea
  • Sauron: awesome (voice ++ etc.). The system with objectives is awesome too but a bit hard (beat an enemy.. ?!). It's easy to be lvl 4-5 but it's difficult for next levels.
  • I find that Arnor has too many healing systems (heroes that heals, fortress that heals, a power that heals, fountains, and the power to regenerate themselves... !)
  • Ennemi AI "should" use castles (it would be horrible, painful, but it's the right thing to do ^^)
  • For what said Lordmaus about Isengard (no time to read Mordor now): no for shield packages, no for mine laying, no for Isengard cannon, bof for heavily armored units with spear/sword. But why not for balcon and the guards (Isenguard human guards, I saw them in Third Age Total War too). No for Isengard engineer, no for fire arrows to activate mines. In the original BFME 2 everybody could blow up mines, and I love what Edain mod 4.0 made: the use of Berserk ++ for this purpose. No for the other things beacause Isengard is already great now, and it's not lore-friendly
  • Agree with Tienety on most points, except for "slow game". I found it already fast. My buildings are (too) quickly destroyed, and my units are pretty effective against ennemies one too. Sometime I see an isolated orc with a pike that ended one of my 50% HP farm. Grrr.

- There are too many "awesome" in my answer.
- There are many things I need to experiment, the mod 4.0 is harder to play than the others (but it's a good thing).
I learned many things with your mod (Arnor, Lindon..)