28. Mär 2024, 17:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Demo 4.0 - Your First Impressions!  (Gelesen 18443 mal)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Edain Demo 4.0 - Your First Impressions!
« Antwort #45 am: 15. Jun 2015, 12:53 »
Hello Palpou, greetings to our neigbours! :D

We're very glad to hear that you enjoy the new version, always nice ot hear that people like it. :)

Concerning 3.):
Sorry, but we won't do it. The problem is that people would want us to add all the new stuff from 4.0 (like skins, maps, abilities...) to 3.81 and also fix the bugs and balancing issues of 3.81.
For us this would mean: Much more work.
And sadly we don't have time for this, therefore we are always just supporting the newest version. (there would be a lot of angry users, when we'ld make 3.81 again an 'official' addition at the launcher, but wouldn't support it otherwise)

Concerning 7:
Yep, that was the plan of the current version.^^ In earlier versions and even int he vanilla games, most people just fought against brutal, as this AI was quite easy. We wanted to give people a reason to also fight lower AIs and also wanted good players to give a challenge. So we made all the AIs a bit more difficult. xD

Concerning 11:
Yeah, some of the tasks are har - but you don't have to get them all! There are more tasks than level to gain. Therefore oyu can always skip some of them.

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #46 am: 20. Jun 2015, 20:37 »
Hello and thank you !
I played Mordor again, after your answer. I didn't realize there was more tasks than levels, so it's perfect.

For me (concerning 3), I can't play RotWK anymore after the great work of edain mod team. Do you believe I can install both 3.81 and 4.0 in the same folder ? Otherwise I think I should pack a folder with 3.81 in a .zip file and 4.0 in another and alternate between the two versions.
Concerning 7 yes, I didn't even try brutal.

New points:
1) Great job for musics. In the menu before skirmish, but for adding soundtracks from The Hobbit too (the fight between Gandalf/Sauron, just heard that).
2) Ennemies don't really use walls/gates. But it was a problem since BFME 1 and I don't think we can change that. But I remember some skirmishes against Angmar where ennemies used a lot of walls + gates.

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #47 am: 20. Jun 2015, 20:47 »
No, you can't install 3.81 and 4.0 in the same folder. But you can install 3.81 - copy that folder and afterwards install 4.0 - it will automatically be installed in your "main folder". If you start the game from the other folder, then you'll play 3.81. :)

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #48 am: 24. Jul 2015, 18:07 »
No, you can't install 3.81 and 4.0 in the same folder. But you can install 3.81 - copy that folder and afterwards install 4.0 - it will automatically be installed in your "main folder". If you start the game from the other folder, then you'll play 3.81. :)
I will have to try and get this to work, it would be nice to have both versions until all factions are here :)