28. Mär 2024, 14:33 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: War of the Ring Scenario player limit  (Gelesen 2354 mal)

dskod1

• Bilbos Festgast
War of the Ring Scenario player limit
« am: 29. Mär 2015, 15:08 »
Hello,

I would like to make the war in the south and war in the north scenarios so that they can have the max 6 players. I have bigeditor and know how to use it but don't know exactly where to look.

So far I have opened "__edain_data.big" and edited all the "data\ini\campaigns\scenatiors\wotrscenarioXXX.inc" so that "MaxPlayers = 6" but I still cant start war in the south with more than two players due to "2 player limit".

Any help would be much appreciated.

Also, as a suggestion to the edain team, can you just cap all the scenarios to 6? I don't really see the purpose of forcing the players to a max limit. In some scenarios I do but war in the south and war in the north are custom sceanrios, IE player creates who goes where. There is no point at capping them especially when war in the south and war in the north each respectively covers 4-6 factions.

Anyways, thank you for reading and thanks in advanced for any help you can give

dskod1

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: War of the Ring Scenario player limit
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Apr 2015, 12:38 »
Can no one help me on this at all?

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Apr 2015, 13:25 »
you should ask in the MOdding Corner http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/board,95.0.html
you can't really expect many people to know about how to change an ingame feature. Not everyone is Edain Team XD

Biddy

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Apr 2015, 16:11 »
If you want to change ini-files, you should always first extract them, edit the file and then add it to your ini again. If you modify it directly, there might occur some problems and the game won´t change anything at all. (Had to learn this the hard way myself  [uglybunti])

You have to change two entries, to enable 6 players. First of course, set  MaxPlayers to 6 and two lines below, delete all Regions listed in "DisallowStartInRegions"

But remember, to not change the original files. Just create a new big-file, name it _wotr or something like that (" _ "is important) and add the   eddited files as "data\ini\campaigns\scenarios\..." If you copy this big to your RotWk folder, it should work fine.

Chiska

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • To err is human, to forgive divine
« Antwort #4 am: 21. Apr 2015, 06:53 »
In the 4.0 demo livestream Lord of Mordor said that the maximum permitted players of wotr (that being 2) is hardocded so it can't be changed, if I heard correct.