16. Apr 2024, 11:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

What is your favorite faction in the Edain 4.0 Demo?

Gondor
10 (16.7%)
Arnor
7 (11.7%)
Rohan
10 (16.7%)
Mordor
24 (40%)
Isengard
9 (15%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 55

Autor Thema: Your favorite factions, units and heroes in the Edain 4.0 Demo  (Gelesen 9088 mal)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Hey guys,

with every version we're keen to hear which factions, units and heroes you like best. This helps us to see what our community enjoys, which of our plans maybe didn't quite work out and where we should put our focus next.

I'll kick it off with the most predictable answer possible: My favorite faction has always been Mordor, and never moreso than with Edain 4.0. Ever since BfME I wanted them to look a bit more Barad-Dûr and a bit less Orc garbage dump, and now the dark land finally rises in all its glory xD

The Rohan captains are among my favorite units. It's always been tricky to give Rohan access to strong infantry - they need some to be competitive, but they shouldn't be able to make an elite infantry army the way Gondor can. The captains give you flexibility and strength, but are naturally limited and thus make a good compromise. Additionally, they were a great opportunity to add some characters the community has long wanted to see but that didn't offer enough material to be full heroes.

And my favorite hero is once again obvious, because who could it be but Sauron xD With 4.0, we tried a new way to make him truly central to his faction, I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on that! And to your own favorites in the mod, of course :)
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Erza_Scarlett

• Hobbit
Re: Your favorite factions, units and heroes in the Edain 4.0 Demo
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Mär 2015, 08:47 »
Mordor is the best for me at the moment.

I stopped using Heroes to be honest . Much easier to win without using them since the downgrade.

The money you need to spend to get the heroes is much better spent on additional units because not only are they cheaper and stronger, but you can attack your enemy much sooner.

Lost my match against two mediums when i used heroes.

Destroyed them without them. I then went on to fight 3 mediums and then 3 hards. I win all the time as long as i don't waste time with heroes.

Favorite unit is definitely the Trolls. They were built in this game to fight against giant bases, with minimal buildings to attack now they make short work of the enemy. With that, Mordor is easily my favorite to use at the moment.

I am honestly dreading to see how Smaug turns out with the Hero downgrades. :( Please at least let him be able to escape from one group of archers without dying miserably. :(

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Mär 2015, 09:36 »
Well I'll just second Lord of Mordor here  xD
Zitat
My favorite faction has always been Mordor, and never moreso than with Edain 4.0. Ever since BfME I wanted them to look a bit more Barad-Dûr and a bit less Orc garbage dump, and now the dark land finally rises in all its glory xD
Never more true!
I especially loved the little flavor you made with the outposts having more "Orcish garbage", and the centralized power in the castle feels just overwhelming (which it should)  [ugly]
I was quite surprised to see that the Mumakill is now actually the Mumakill from BFME1, the one you can mount and dismount (I had Rhun soldiers mounting it. it was EPIC).

May favorite hero can be no one but the Dark Lord himself! He's just so awesome that, be a mordor-hater or a mordor-fan , no one can ever ignore him  [uglybunti]

My second faction must be Gondor. I believe all Gondor components are now much better represented, especially the fiefdoms of Gondor which were a central part pf the story.

Here my second favorite hero must be Aragorn; he's no more polished, and his abilities set is much more clean and useful. You just gonna love the King of Men  (**)

One of my favorite units is Morgul Riders; the first time Edain introduced them, the made them so damn good and awesome that it's just hard not to love them  :P other units I love include The Castillian of Do Guldur, Dol Guldur fighters in general, the badass Tower Guards, the Uruk-Hai Shields, definitely soldiers of Rhun! and quite some more  [uglybunti]

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Mär 2015, 10:38 »
Hello!From the Demo my favorite Factions is without a doubt the Northenr Sister of Gondor and thats Arnor!!I always loved the Skisn of its Heroes and mostly I love their Elite Unit and the Rangers of Carthean!!Those 2 are my favourite Units in the Demo as always,but since they did not get such a change in design I will speak about the New Units! :)
I love the looks of Sauron as the Necromancer he is Pure Darkness and look beyond awesome in his Skin from the Movie and to mention that Voice,lol Cumberbatch is realy amasing I love Saouron over all! :) And about a Favourite New Unit I would say the Dol Guldur Army over all I mean all Swordsman,Spearman and Archers!!Their Movie Skins are simply perfect they look like a strong and disciplened Army as they should be and the Movie made them absolutely gorgeous!!PJ and WETA always give us the best Designs which along with a touch of Edain Team and their amasing skills and imagination they become even better! :)
About Rohan I mostly like their Marshals I mean all 3 of them,they have perfect Skins and Design and their Voices are so nice,its Russell Crowe from the Movie "Galdiator"as Roman General Maximus I lved the movie and his role and I love his role in Edain too ;)
The new infantry systeam and skins for Rohan Army is really good I love playing them!The only thing I do not like so much about the Uynits of Westfold I always liked how they were in Edain 3.8.1. where you could get 3 Units Swarodsmans,3 Units Spearmans and even Summon few Units of Westfold Riders!!This way you could get the Samll but formadeable Elite Untfantry of Rohan and they looked perefect so I wish o couold have them Limited to 3 of Each Unit!! :)
Isengard is awesome as always I can't say anything there diferent from Epic and Perfect! ;)
And the thing I apriciate the most may be is the New and much Stronger AI it very good to play aginst a tough opponent it is so much fun now,I feel like the Easy is like Hard with 5-10% handicap from 3.8.1 :D :D
So all I want to say is that for now the Demo is perfect and with the new Factions it will become even better ! ;) Keep the aweseom work as always you are the best in this! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

SRQPO85

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Mär 2015, 21:43 »
I am absolutely loving the mod so far, the gameplay is extremely fresh and every match is exiting with the new balance and building scheme. Picking one favorite faction is tough, since each faction is so unique and interesting, but if your making me pick one, I'm going to have to go with Gondor, I just like their plethora of unit  and building options, and the tower guard will always hold a special place in my heart. Favorite hero is a toss up between Aragorn and Glorfindel, two awesome heroes who can still hold their own in a big battle. I really feel like Aragorn has been polished up nicely for this version, and Glorfindel is all around a boss. Loving the demo so far and having a great, bug free, experience.

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Of course MORDOR^^, dol guldur, minas morgul orcs. I love to use do guldur orcs for rush tactic ( glass-cannon tactic ) in the early + mid game ;and I like to use minas morgul against heavy armored factions' units like isengard and gondor, I generally use minas morgul orcs for end game play 8 because they are more effective that way.

Note :
I only want to ask that why minas morgul orcs are wearing wooden shields and some orcs are only holding solo weapons without shields ? Please make some of minas morgul's orcs to wear plate shields too, thank you.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Factions:
Mordor. It is something really complex and unique at the same time. Brilliant concepts of units and building, from settlements to the main fortress. Movie feeling, etc. 
Especially much more important Sauron system than in the previous version. Simply awesome.  :)
And my second faction is Isengard. Thanks to Saruman system on the foot and in the tower (really useful) and thanks to economy system ... who does not like money?  :D

Units:
Overall Rohan cavalry and Glorfindel's wind riders. I use cavalry quite often as a part of my game strategy.

Heroes:
As I said above - amazing and complex system (according to lore or movies) for Necromancer who is rightful Lord of Mordor now  :P ... Skillful Saruman is my favorite character, too.
But Cirdan is for me the most useful hero with pretty nice concept. He is always unit supporter on the battle when I am playing for Arnor. Very simple supportive abilities and on the other hand complex system with expansion of Lindon tower. And he has very pleasant voice in the English version ... like Sauron has - but he a different way  8-) ...

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Well for me, its simple. My favorite moment in the films(out of all 6) is the glorious speech of Théoden and the charge of the Rohirrim at the Pelennor Fields. I want to jump into the screen whenever this moment happens. So naturally doing the same thing in the games gives me nerd chills. Durin's speech in Bot5A comes in a close 2nd, so I can't wait for Dwarves either.

There is NOTHING more satisfying, for me, than having a fully upgraded maxed out army of the mighty cavalry of the Rohirrim sweep through enemy armies like nothing, pikes or no pikes. Also the fact that Théoden in this mod actually speaks quotes from the movie makes me go nuts while I'm playing. The Last March of the Ents is always inspiring as well. The only way this faction could be better for me is if the Horn of Rohan power had the beautiful sounds of the horns from RotK, and if they could build something besides the standard outpost.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
I really like how Aragorn levels, it's a really cool way of showing how he embraces his destiny, plus KNIFE TO THE LEG FOR YOU, LURTS! Boromir and his knock back splash damage is also pretty fun.

I have played the most with Mordor, and I like the variety of units. Gondor is my favourite good faction so far, but then I have barely tried Rohan.

I really like how the Castelans look, just armoured bad-asses, tower guards are a close second I think, just tramping all over the battlefield in tight formation.

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
Isengard, but considering who my favorite LOTR character is I may be a bit biased :)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #10 am: 11. Apr 2015, 21:09 »
The English community obviously has great taste, lots of Mordor fans here xD
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #11 am: 12. Apr 2015, 08:01 »
Curses to the Dark Lord! He will never conquer! Rohan FTW  8-)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #12 am: 12. Apr 2015, 22:33 »
Saruman is the true dark lord!  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Apr 2015, 01:20 von Darkslayer »