23. Apr 2024, 14:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Reinforcements from Harad  (Gelesen 2179 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Reinforcements from Harad
« am: 30. Mär 2015, 11:51 »
While I love the idea to bring back the Mumakill of BFME1, I think the exclusion of the Haradrim archers was quite unnecessary. especially with the changed Sauron's influence on the tribute camp (makes the reinforcements upgraded), the Evil Men in Mordor feels more or less subsided (say similar to the Elves for rohan) while they played a major role in the War of the Ring.
Moreover, Orc archers on Mumakills just feel out of place :/
So I believe that Haradrim archers on Mumakills should be returned (cause this is basically their place), but to go with the changed Sauron's influence; how about making the Mumakills at first without any archers, then after using the influence they would come carrying Haradrim archers (beside the upgrades)?

Or maybe Edain has another plan for Evil Men in Mordor altogether ?  :D

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Reinforcements from Harad
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Mär 2015, 11:58 »
We actually really liked the archers, but for some reasons they caused some really weird bugs that turned out to be unfixable. Some of you may have seen those issues in our latest livestream, where the Mumak held an archer in its trunk. That's why they can't stand atop the Mumak from the start. A possible option might be to add a group of Haradrim archers on foot to the reinforcements, which you could then put onto the Mumak. Though that's not quite as elegant, of course.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Mär 2015, 12:09 »
hmmm yeah that's more understandable.
what a shame though. still I hope for a better integration of Evil Men.
We'll see what ideas may come out of the forum in the future  ;)

klantai

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #3 am: 2. Apr 2015, 10:30 »
While on the topic of reinforcements from Harad : I seem to remember that in 3.8 upgraded Mumaks had this really cool warpaint. Did this get removed in 4.0, or does it come when the Mumak is at max level ? (I never got a max level Mumak, because I don't take care of them well enough ^^).

Mmh, as for the archers on the Mumak's back, if spawning the beast with them on top causes the bug, wouldn't it be possible to give the Mumak a power/upgrade that unlocks (either for a cost, or automatically) at a chosen level and mans it with archers ?

Another possibility would be to have a hero from Harad (much like the one in 3.8 that alowed the building of the Mumak production building) (you'd get him through reinforcements or a power) who would be dedicated to supporting Harad troops, and would have as a power the ability to select a Mumak and man him with archers : ).