28. Mär 2024, 17:22 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.0 performance problem  (Gelesen 7486 mal)

Geralt2811

• Bilbos Festgast
Edain 4.0 performance problem
« am: 30. Mär 2015, 22:43 »
I got problem with edain when playing with more opponents, after some time from start of the battle game start to lagging like frame by frame. When i change game settings to low and load the game i got lags in its still the same .I played a lot in ROTWK and even with 4vs4 battle didnt have any problem with performance. I asked about that on Modb site and not only me got this issue.

This are the things i tried:
- reinstalling game and mod without Sweet FX
- changing game settings and resolution

Other thing is that when i got whole army around 2k CP FPS drop is significant didnt got that in ROTWK.
Would appreciate any help with that problem couse this mod is even better than playing BFME 1.

Kraen

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Edain 4.0 performance problem
« Antwort #1 am: 1. Apr 2015, 14:38 »
I guess it is because of huge population caps. Sometimes the engin just cant handle the amount of units, and so the game lags.

I would appreciate to have lower cap for lagless games.

Geralt2811

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #2 am: 1. Apr 2015, 17:31 »
Yeah i know but there is diffrence between lags that cousing a lot of units on a screen and those other lags when u even look on empty place. Some guy on modb written that couse of this are new effects of storm from isengard powers. I wonder that edain team can do anything with this game to run better. Like i said earlier Vanilla Rotwk runs better for me.

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #3 am: 1. Apr 2015, 17:33 »
We did not chang the Isengards rain ability as far as I know, so I am quite sure that this is not leading to the lagg. But if someone finds the thing that really leads to the lagg: please post it so that we can fix it.

orkanelf

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #4 am: 1. Apr 2015, 18:07 »
Hey, at my tests before i had the same problem but could not reproduce it,.... I thought it could happen if you cast many spells that summon much troops.

(sorry for my english ;-) )

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #5 am: 2. Apr 2015, 10:35 »
lagging the most urgent problem that needs to be fix immediately . At 3.8.1, even there are huge goblin armies there were hardly lag while playing the game but at 4.0 demo when there are many troops  ( but comparing to 3.8.1 there are really less troops ), even at 2 vs 2 there is a lag at mid and end game play ( when both sides started to make some troops and at 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 it is worse ).

Turin Turumbar

• Administrator
  • Hüter von Anduril
« Antwort #6 am: 2. Apr 2015, 10:45 »
As said before: we can not fix this if we do not know the cause of it. Most of this lagg can be fixed through uninstalling SweetFX which will also be done with the next update, but there seems to be something other that causes that lagg. So please pay attention to what happens before the game starts lagging and then please post if you find something that might have caused it.

-Mandos-

• Bündnisgenosse der Elben und Menschen
  • Mess with the Best!
« Antwort #7 am: 2. Apr 2015, 13:44 »
lagging the most urgent problem that needs to be fix immediately . At 3.8.1, even there are huge goblin armies there were hardly lag while playing the game but at 4.0 demo when there are many troops  ( but comparing to 3.8.1 there are really less troops ), even at 2 vs 2 there is a lag at mid and end game play ( when both sides started to make some troops and at 3 vs 3 and 4 vs 4 it is worse ).

I don't know if your problems come from SweetFX, but for me its really lagging less than in 3.81. In 3.81 it lagged everytime Mordor or Misty Mountains were in the game (Mordor was even worse than MM) and now its barely lagging at all (at least for me, I know that you are not the only one complaining about lags  ;) ).
Have you tried to reduce the graphic settings to minimal?
A Túrin Turambar turún' ambartanen!
Túrin, master of doom, by doom mastered!

Kastorus

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #8 am: 4. Apr 2015, 11:09 »
After this new update 4.01 maps with camps are running much better!  :) Problem is that it still lags on maps with Castles after they are at your castle or u at theirs then lags begin always when you are almost at the end of the game when you're winning or loosing then my fps drops to 20 and slowly falls to 10 and thats almost unplayable, but when there are in a middle of a map or somewhere around that im always at max fps(30) but when armies come to edge well then its bad.