19. Apr 2024, 13:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: War Of The Ring  (Gelesen 1852 mal)

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
War Of The Ring
« am: 6. Apr 2015, 20:17 »
Now i know the WOTR mode is not the main priority of the Edain team, but i still think its an awesome part of the game, and with all the features of Edain it has become an even more fun to play. But some parts of WOTR dont work and other parts would need some work. Not talking like huge changes, but just some things that i believe wouldnt be too hard to change.

Here are some ideas that could really improve WOTR

Buildings
I think that in this mode you shouldnt be able to build any buildings. This should be about the troops and how you use them, not about multitasking in the base and focusing on expanding like in skirmishes. And you build up your armies while youre not in game, why should you have to do it in game also.

Command points
The command points are currently 900, it would be great if that could be changed to about 1200 per hero army. This way it would feel more like a real battle, and even the battles with just one hero army would be fun to play.

Units
There are many units that are removed or just dont work.
Siege weapons, it would be awesome if all the siege weapons would be usable, ladders and battering rams, for the fortress maps.
Mordor mountain trolls cant get upgraded. I think attack trolls should be an own unit, so they could be playable in WOTR mode
Also some of the units spawn in the wrong corner of the map.

Creep lairs
This would probably be the hardest thing to do, so it wouldnt be that necessary, the creep lairs are in game to stall the players in the beginning, in WOTR they arent really needed, they are just in the way.

These ideas are described better on the suggestions of WOTR, here they are just summed up. Hope some of them make sense!:)

« Letzte Änderung: 7. Apr 2015, 00:15 von Azog The Defiler »
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Re: War Of The Ring
« Antwort #1 am: 7. Apr 2015, 02:04 »
The main problem with WOR is that it's mainly hardcoded, so I don't know much stuff can be edited there. Now I'm not a member of the Edain Team, so I can't tell you exactly what can be done and what can't. If someone of them answers you they could tell you by themselves :)

Azog The Defiler

• Pförtner von Bree
Re: War Of The Ring
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Apr 2015, 23:53 »
Ye thats true, didnt think about it:/
Elves! Men! Dwarves! The mountain will be their tomb! To war!