29. Mär 2024, 09:23 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Do you think Edain 4.01 is balanced? PvP  (Gelesen 3018 mal)

FyodorMalikov

• Hobbit
Do you think Edain 4.01 is balanced? PvP
« am: 12. Apr 2015, 14:10 »
Hi all,

This mod is truely awesome, it will be hard to return to the vanilla game after experiencing it. But the more I play PvP on this mod it seems largely unbalanced, seemingly favouring the evil factions. But as this is my first go at the edain mod as it is with the people I play with, we are possibly still learning and missing something important from the factions. But it would be good to see others thoughts on the matter, and gain some insight if there is something that we are missing.

In terms on the order of the most powerful factions, from my experience it seems to be (excluding arnor for now, not too much play time with them and I think all their elven units are unbalanced) the following;

1. Isengard
2. Mordor
3. Gondor
4. Rohan

Isengard seem to be a very strong faction at all three stages of a game, early, mid and late. Early game you dont need to build anything in your base, just rush 4 lumber mills. You will then have 60% off all building costs (to top it off the lumber mills cost 150 at highest), then you can get an uruk pit for cheap, but best of all you can build mines for 140 each. This is a big advantage over the other factions, as for every resource building (in base) they can make isengard can make 2.5. So by the time you make 5 they will have make two. By this point you with 5 mines you can build uruk swords for 140 each, pikemen for a low amount. With 5 mines and 4 lumber mills you are getting insane income for early game, with lowered inf prices you can build a huge army quick, with pikemen a great counter vs cav, wargs will be affordable with the income to counter archers and non pike inf, with sharku and their howl they are insanely good. Mid game you will be able to get start getting upgrades which make uruks very hard to kill and late game you will have a 1800 fully upgraded army which is almost impossible to defeat or defend from if isen use a good mix of siege weapons.

Mordor early orc spam can be beaten by isen, but by other factions it seems not. Cav can counter early orc warrior spam, but is quite expensive and mordor will be able to build orc pikes pretty quickly to counter cav. If you stack archers well with pikes you can control most of the map early and box you enemy in. Once you get Sauron, upgraded trolls, Dol Guldur, Khamul with insignia upgrade it is around mid game and good factions are only just starting to get upgraded units, but with starved resources it is slow to get a big enough army to defend your base, all the while Mordor are getting around 2x the income and once they get troll catapults your fortress is worthless.

Gondor, it seems best for early game is 2x Signal fires for upgraded reinforments and around 7 blacksmiths in the main base to get the income to match Isens. Once you get 4 command points and get the pelagir reinforcements the signal fires start to pay off a bit more and you can build an army from barracks and archery and try to start expanding. But against a good Isen or Mordor I think it isnt realistic to hold 2 signal fires for long enough in early game.

Rohan, well rohan seem the worst faction in the game. Even using the the bug of stacking peasents and using gamlings call to arms ability doesnt let you last too long. This faction is confusing, a good pike army from the enemy eliminates cav, even when cav is upgraded.

Other things such as Rohan getting 3 sets of royal guards as their hero battalion whereas Mordor get 3x Castellans and 3x Morgul riders, Gondor get the hero battelion from the barracks and knights of Dol Amroth. Why do Rohan get only 1 hero battelion as opposed to Mordors and Gondors 2. I can maybe understand Isen as all of their units seem to be insanely strong, especially when upgraded, but all Rohan units seem to be relatively weak.

And if we look at heroes, Mordors seem to be alot more useful than any other factions, followed by Gondor, then Isen and Rohan maybe equal.

To me, it just seems there is not an eqaul chance of winning as the different factions.

But maybe I and my friends are playing wrong. Other people thoughts would be good to see on this topic, and maybe we will learn something we are missing.

Once all factions are released and are balanced, there wont be a need for BFME 3  :D
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Apr 2015, 14:15 von FyodorMalikov »

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Do you think Edain 4.01 is balanced? PvP
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Apr 2015, 23:26 »
Isengard is quite strong in the beginning, but from my experience that is more due to the units from Dunland which are really good when used correctly. Try that economy start with Isengard against an aggressive player and you are done within the first few minutes :P.
Rohan for example used to be the strongest early game faction (in the demo atleast), but their peasant strategy was nerfed (too) heavily and therefore they don't keep up that huge pressure. That is also why they are at the bottom of your list, I guess.

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 13. Apr 2015, 19:18 »
Haha yeah I would say the wildmen are the toughest thing to counter vs Isengard, as the torches are crazy powerful, have amazing range, and as high a fire rate as other archers. Good luck using that Isengard BO vs an Isengard mirror using wildman spam.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Mai 2015, 11:14 »
One thing you didn't factor in is a Théoden Merry start for Rohan, turning both peasants to traitors and using the taxes ability on a farm with 2 resource upgrades. I don't know how many resources you normally play with, but I do 1k, and this start can make Rohan early game a nightmare for any other faction. The Traitors are the strongest early game unit hands down, and they get leadership from Théoden, AND they can buy horses. If this is used properly along with an assembly point, Rohan can dominate early game against most anything. Also late game if your cavalry is being given leadership from all of Rohan's heroes and has upgrades, they beat pikes, even upgraded pikes.
EDIT: Also, Rohan can get 3 other types of elite units from their assembly point, through the Captains of Rohan. So really, they have 4 different types of elite units, 5 if you count Hama's final ability to summon Royal Archers.

In my opinion Mordor is currently the most OP faction, and the other 3 are fairly balanced depending on how you play. Isengard is crazy strong, but their units and early game are expensive and slow, except for those accursed wildmen of course(where's the damn nerf! :D). Same thing with Gondor, except once you get out Tower Guards and Rangers Isengard has no chance against you. Finally Rohan's late game cavalry army is nigh unstoppable against most anything considering how many different sources of healing they have, EXCEPT an orc army with Nazgul debuffing your Rohirrim of their leadership.

EDIT #2: One thing I didn't mention that I realized I should have in hindsight, is that Cavalry with full upgrades and leadership beat upgraded pikes without leadership, and in Isengard's case without shieldbearers, captains or steelworks upgrade buffs. All in all though, this takes a very long time to get as Isengard, but once they do get it out with hero leadership Rohan has no chance. Same thing with Gondor, once they have an army of upgraded Tower Guards and their elite pikes, and Beregond's White Company, plus leadership, they beat Rohan's cavalry. So Rohan could use some late game buff, there is a discussion about it right now under Rohan Suggestions.
« Letzte Änderung: 28. Mai 2015, 06:47 von Elite KryPtik »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!