28. Mär 2024, 09:55 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur...twice?  (Gelesen 2934 mal)

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur...twice?
« am: 14. Apr 2015, 15:51 »
Greetings, I would like to report a feature in the (awesome) new Edain 4.01. Don't know if this is the right place, please say so if it is not, and sorry.

When playing with Mordor, and settled inside either Minas Morgul or (old) Dol Guldur, you can't access to the unique powers the fortresses had in 3.8 anymore. Not even their units, in fact.

To access those, you must go out and conquer an outpost to build the respective fortress. I don't mean to sound offensive, but isn't that kind of...stupid?
Why must I go out of Minas Morgul to build ANOTHER, miniature Minas Morgul to make the respective units? Even look-wise, it's....stupid.

I would say fortresses would need specific changes in the respective factions. I mean, why would Mordor Orcs be recruitable in Minas Morgul? Perhaps the Orc Barracks should just spit out Morgul Orcs. You could conquer the Outposts to then be able to access Khamul and the Dol Guldur features, that would work just like any camp and it's fine.
Yes I know even the Necromancer would make little sense in Minas Morgul, but meh...Since he is a 'Wandering Shadow', I suppose he could drop by to say hi to the Witch King.

Also the Spellbook in the previous version was good, as it changed with the field. I believe that was an excellent feature that should still be used.

This all, of course, would not apply to other factions. If you want to let's say, play Imladris in Minas Morgul just for the heck of it, fine, but you don't get any changes. Just sayin  :P

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Re: Minas Morgul and Dol Guldur...twice?
« Antwort #1 am: 14. Apr 2015, 17:19 »
Im not sure whether Edain will make some map candy like that (probably yes) or not. However,  I'm currently putting together a little map pack that does just that in a "catchy" way.
So stay tuned ;)

Spacetyrant93

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Apr 2015, 19:55 »
Really now, huh? Interesting.

'Map Pack' you say? What other maps are there, if I may ask? I love spoilers! XD

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Apr 2015, 16:41 »
Well, it would contain Minas Morgul, Dol Guldur, Cirith Ungol, Osgiliath, and quite more ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #4 am: 17. Apr 2015, 16:43 »
Well, it would contain Minas Morgul, Dol Guldur, Cirith Ungol, Osgiliath, and quite more ;)

I assume you prepared us a lot of surprises  :)

And on the good side, can we expect to have in the next releases or in the future some new maps too? You know, have you ever heard of a sacred valley in Eriador inhabited by the Noldor, or of an enchanted golden forest in the East, ruled by a royal Noldorin maiden?  :P

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #5 am: 17. Apr 2015, 19:53 »
Of course, when more factions are becoming available, I will add more maps^^

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #6 am: 18. Apr 2015, 14:54 »
Don't forget about me  8-)
I'm also working on some nice maps^^

onowo

• Hobbit
« Antwort #7 am: 19. Apr 2015, 11:01 »
When you guys finish those maps, where can we download it? Will it be available in moddb? Really want to see and play some interesting new maps  :)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #8 am: 19. Apr 2015, 12:25 »
If you want some maps already uploaded, you can look into the Showcase section of the English community here:
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/board,94.0.html

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 19. Apr 2015, 17:19 »
I wish there was a map of Caras Galadhon  8-|

Unfortunately I am not very skilled in mapping  :(
Someone should make my dream come true  :)