29. Mär 2024, 10:03 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: List of Edain heroes and their roles  (Gelesen 17370 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
List of Edain heroes and their roles
« am: 25. Apr 2015, 14:05 »

Some time ago in Lorien update were described roles for Lorien heroes. It was really interesting, because in current version each hero has purpose. Subsequently Ealendril described Dwarven heroes.
We talked about it with Tienety and we tried to find roles for heroes from all factions.
It was very difficult because we had to played with all heroes from current version and we compared them with updates on moddb.com and with English translations on modding-union.com - and then we found differences.
Of course - it is not accurate. Many heroes have more than one role and they have many aspects. But we tried focus for each hero only one role (or two roles, nothing more)
And we are looking forward to discussing with you! ;)
By the way, it may be suitable for Edain wiki as well. Moddb users sometimes want list of Edain heroes and how to play with them.  :)

Lorien

Imladris

Dwarves - Erebor/Iron Hills/Ered Luin

Rohan

Gondor/Arnor

Isengard

Misty Mountains

Mordor

Angmar
« Letzte Änderung: 6. Aug 2015, 16:21 von TiberiusOgden »

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
Re: Roles for Edain heroes in 4.0
« Antwort #1 am: 2. Mai 2015, 09:21 »
I think Gorbag and Shagrat could be improved. I mean their concept as scouts is right but in game they're not that much of scouts. For instance, in MP games, I've only seen people using them as a cheaper version of Gothmog, staying with your army of orcs and not scouting at all. They're more like the super early heroes the team tried to implement in 3.8.1. I think it's mainly because they deal too much damage to units compared to other scouts.

I would suggest something like reducing their damage, but also their cost, and replacing the "Greed" ability with something more scout-like. Their other abilities are cool.

"That still only counts as one!"

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 4. Mai 2015, 16:43 »
It's difficult to use them as scouts because it's more cost effective to just use some free orcs and save the money for a Nazgul or Gothmog.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 15. Mai 2015, 22:50 »
Well I always picture Celeborn as unit supporter/tank type...

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Mai 2015, 09:40 »
Well I always picture Celeborn as unit supporter/tank type...

Yes, in 3.8.1 version has role which you described, but for 4.0 version Celeborn has different role:

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #5 am: 25. Mai 2015, 21:25 »
Intriguing, but no Gil-galad? :(

He'd make a good Ring hero for Imladris IMO
« Letzte Änderung: 25. Mai 2015, 21:30 von Darkslayer »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 25. Mai 2015, 21:27 »
no Gil-galad?

Gil-Galad is only "spellbook hero" available only for some time. He can be tank or something like that.

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #7 am: 25. Mai 2015, 21:29 »
no Gil-galad?

Gil-Galad is only "spellbook hero" available only for some time. He can be tank or something like that.

Wooo wooo! He's my favorite character in Tolkien  xD

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
Re: List of Edain heroes and their roles
« Antwort #8 am: 12. Aug 2015, 10:41 »
There's should be full list of heroes for each faction separately, including spellbook heroes. :3

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #9 am: 12. Aug 2015, 16:51 »
There's should be full list of heroes for each faction separately, including spellbook heroes. :3

I honestly didn't understand you  :o
There already is a full list of heroes for each faction separately.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Aug 2015, 17:06 von DieWalküre »

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #10 am: 12. Aug 2015, 17:08 »
Separately like... in one line Arnor, in other Gondor. In another one Ered Luin etc.

It will be more clear for people who don't know lore too well and looking here for informations like this. ;)
And, as i said, list should be enchanced with temporary heroes, they will have description that player can summon them only for short time via spellbook. ;)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 12. Aug 2015, 17:31 »
Separately like... in one line Arnor, in other Gondor. In another one Ered Luin etc.
It will be more clear for people who don't know lore too well and looking here for informations like this. ;)

So, you were cryptically referring mainly to the Dwarven Factions and Gondor/Arnor...
Well, I think that the actual display of the lists was the most feasible and simplest way the author of this thread could have ever found; otherwise the description might appear a bit complicated and repetitive to follow  :)

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #12 am: 12. Aug 2015, 18:26 »
Yes.
I played in Edain, and many other mods and games refferring to Middle-Earth, wached movies (even "Born of Hope", give me back two hours of my life you filthy director!) and read some Tolkien's books, so mainly i know who is who and in which faction that heroe belong. But, there's many others who just wanna check out mod and what it offers, and they don't have lore knowledge. It will be easier way for them.

Also, I'm missing something, or Arnor don't have Hero killer? :x
(For that I always use my CaH, so I don't need it, but always - this is only faction which don't have HK, and it's sad a little bit. :( )

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #13 am: 12. Aug 2015, 18:49 »
Yes.
I played in Edain, and many other mods and games refferring to Middle-Earth, wached movies (even "Born of Hope", give me back two hours of my life you filthy director!) and read some Tolkien's books, so mainly i know who is who and in which faction that heroe belong. But, there's many others who just wanna check out mod and what it offers, and they don't have lore knowledge. It will be easier way for them.

Really, I can't understand your point.

Above all lists there are precise titles and indications about the respective factions; there is written 'Gondor/Arnor', and so, given that in the title 'Gondor' comes first and 'Arnor' follows, all heroes in the list before the '/' are Gondor's heroes, the ones after the '/' are Arnor's ones.
The same thing about 'Erebor/Iron Hills/Ered Luin'; the heroes in the list follow the order of the factions in the title.
I don't regard those lists so complicated to follow, even if you are new to the Edain Mod or MU.

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #14 am: 12. Aug 2015, 18:53 »
Oh, nevermind. Apparently it's this time of day when i starts to contrive too much, unnecessarily.  :D