29. Mär 2024, 07:01 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Buildings improvement  (Gelesen 6244 mal)

The Dark Lord

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
Buildings improvement
« am: 26. Mai 2015, 00:10 »
I think building healt need to get a little buff but that just my opinion. When you build settlement like farms they should get a upgrade butten to improve there sight on the map. Back at 3.8.1 you could build erverywhere you wanted, tje nice thing about that is that your sight on the map got bigger. Now in edain 4 you cant build everywhere but that not the problem what bugs me is that you sight doenst improve much after building a farm. You cant even see the archer that are attacking the farm, what i suggest is a upgrade button to improve the farms/recourse buildings sight on the map. What do you guys think about that.

Morgul Orc

Re: Buildings improvement
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Mai 2015, 18:45 »
Resources buildings health can be increased with Defence measure upgrade. Regarding the settlement building sight. I don't think it's a good idea to make an upgrade button to increase sight, maybe the Edain team can increase the sight a little for the settlement buildings but without upgrade since there are already 3 things you can select when upgrading the settlement resource building.

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #2 am: 26. Mai 2015, 22:56 »
That would be fine too.

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Mai 2015, 03:41 »
We could make the defense upgrades for farms increase their sight as well, or we could simply increase the base sight of settlement buildings. How much do you think sight should be increased for them?
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #4 am: 27. Mai 2015, 05:37 »
Ow nice well i tought maby double the sight as it is now or that you at least see archers when they are attacking but i dont now how much you think about that lord of mordor and thanks for the reply  :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #5 am: 27. Mai 2015, 11:14 »
Extending the sight till you see archers would be a little too much, and it may well kill the archer's advantage on long range.
It would make much sense if the longer sight came with the second defense upgrade cause "arrow tower" should in theory = "longer sight".
Maybe increase the sight x1.5?
It's just to give you some feeling of the surroundings, and not make you have a total palantir-like vision all over the map. the scout units, and sight spells should be meaningful after all.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #6 am: 27. Mai 2015, 12:37 »
Extending the sight till you see archers would be a little too much, and it may well kill the archer's advantage on long range.
It would make much sense if the longer sight came with the second defense upgrade cause "arrow tower" should in theory = "longer sight".
It's just to give you some feeling of the surroundings, and not make you have a total palantir-like vision all over the map. the scout units, and sight spells should be meaningful after all.
I agree fully here. I too have felt that the sight-range is a little too short, and that the 2nd defence upgrade should grant extra sight. This would support the idea of increased defence on a building, whereas undefended buildings have less warning and be more vulnerable to harassment. You might even be able to do a unique effect for other settlement upgrade paths. Heres a couple ideas that aren't serious or balanced in any way: level 3 pantry allowing 1 unit to garrison the building, and level 3 production giving an active spell on the building to collect an extra 100 resources, that takes like 3 mins to cool-down. This would add some diversity to the upgrade paths, and make the mod even more unique. Like I said these ideas aren't serious, just some brain food.  xD
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #7 am: 27. Mai 2015, 13:19 »

I think that not bad Idea but do you mean that the sight only improve with de arrow upgrade of all second upgrades cause i think it should be than with all second upgrades but dont fotget in orginal game or 3.8.1 you could build everywhere that mean that there allready a palantir vision idea is you aks me  :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #8 am: 27. Mai 2015, 13:35 »
I mean only with the second defense upgrade.
the other upgrades doesn't need to give more sight, because if you're not going for defense then you're knowingly making your buildings more fragile in order to get other advantages.

Please don't bring the compassion from 3.8. The mod has moved to this system for reasons that free building is the most prominent of them.
What I meant with a palantir-like vision is "be able to see everywhere" which shouldn't be the case. spells like eye of Sauron or Saruman's palantir or Denethor's should always be useful.

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #9 am: 27. Mai 2015, 19:44 »
I aggree everything with what you are saying but nof the part of defense seccond upgrade it should count for every second upgrade its weird f only second defense upgrade give you exstra sight it should count for every seond upgrade because otherwise is its not fair that one upgrade give you more sight and the others nothing but ill see wat edain team want to do something about it or not  xD

Morgul Orc

« Antwort #10 am: 27. Mai 2015, 20:51 »
What hoho96 meant is that it would make sense that the sight increases after the second building defense upgrade because of the archers in the building shooting arrows at enemies near the building.

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #11 am: 27. Mai 2015, 21:11 »
What hoho96 meant is that it would make sense that the sight increases after the second building defense upgrade because of the archers in the building shooting arrows at enemies near the building.
Exactly, and it makes no sense at all in the recourse and CP upgrade could do the same :/

The Dark Lord

« Antwort #12 am: 27. Mai 2015, 23:16 »
Yess  tought of what you guys sad its true it does make more sence for defense second upgrade to increase the sight hopefully the edain team is gonne make it happen  xD
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Mai 2015, 23:20 von The Dark Lord »

sindarelf

• Hobbit
« Antwort #13 am: 30. Mai 2015, 21:21 »
Hello, I'm new to the Edain mod and i was wondering if someone could tell me how i can level up the barracks and military buildings!
Because they don't have an upgrade option like the farms etc..
Any help will be much appreciated!
Thank you!  xD

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 30. Mai 2015, 21:42 »
how i can level up the barracks and military buildings!
Just to train/recruit units. ;)