18. Apr 2024, 22:18 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain 4.0 feedback from someone who loved 3.8.1 and likes bfme2 more than 1!  (Gelesen 5054 mal)

jimm3ron

• Hobbit
this is what i think of the new version of the mod, and my experience and why i am forced to use it!

-I read that there will be more factions added as time goes, but i will still mention that i was underwhelmed to see less playable factions from the get go!

-lack of a campaign was a big step back. i would gladly trade that with the my hero option! unfortunately i couldnt play much of it since 1 it was in full German and i dont know the language. 2 mission 3 was bugged and i couldnt fix it. i found some threads in this forum explaining what could be done, but it was in german, and google translate was not very accurate, so what i did was wrong because it did not work!

-we dont get the option to chose which play style is used, bfme1 or bfme2 play style. I prefer the bfme2 play style where you get the freedom to build wherever you want! i hope this is added in the future

The above were mainly the negatives. now here are some positives!

-the update feature is nice on the launcher, although slow download speeds are resulting in a huge wait!

-ENGLISH! I am so happy that English is finally being added! BUT i am still having issues. when updating the mod through the launcher, the english files are missing. It would be very nice if the launcher could download those files from the server while updating!

Those were pretty much the positives! here is my conclusion:

I am not a fan of 4.0! its good, but it feels like a step backwards than 3.8.1 which was fantastic! i am however forced to use this version because of the English capabilities. It somehow though doesnt feel worth it because the files are still missing! why cant the launcher download the files from the server while updating?

all and all, i think i will be going back to 3.8.1 and resume using that version of the mod, and come back to 4.0 once and if changes are made in order to make it feel like it is a step forward, especially granting us the freedom to chose what play style is used during the game!

thank you for reading and please feel free to add your 2 cents

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
You wil never be able to switch, as this would be too much work for us. We will always stay with the Bfme I building system. Perhaps someone wll make a submod for that, but there will probably never be an official version by the edainteam.
You have to remember that this is just a hobby of us, therefore we want to have fun doing it. And we always liked the system of Bfme I more than the system of Bfme II. And as far as I see it there are many people who also agree with us. There are always different opinions and it's difficult to please everyone when you don't have a huge company behind you and therefore only limited time for it.

Additionally you're not forced to play the mod - you can of course play the old version. There is an unofficial english patch for it on moddb. :)

As you might have read the current version is just a DEMO and not a full version. That's why many parts like some factions or a campaign is missing. Those things will of course be added back.

I hope that you'll give the version another try in the future when the version has been fully released. Perhaps you'll like it more when the version is not in a demo state anymore. But until then have fun playing 3.81 :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Another thing: the launcher updates all files of the latest version. This includes all english files. There's no possible way for you to update the game files without also updating the english texts.

The download speed depends on a trillion thing; the server capacity, the bandwidth, your pc, your ISP,....
I for one had a download speed of 40kps once. On a different time i had a 1.2Mbps.

jimm3ron

• Hobbit
You wil never be able to switch, as this would be too much work for us. We will always stay with the Bfme I building system. Perhaps someone wll make a submod for that, but there will probably never be an official version by the edainteam.
You have to remember that this is just a hobby of us, therefore we want to have fun doing it. And we always liked the system of Bfme I more than the system of Bfme II. And as far as I see it there are many people who also agree with us. There are always different opinions and it's difficult to please everyone when you don't have a huge company behind you and therefore only limited time for it.

Additionally you're not forced to play the mod - you can of course play the old version. There is an unofficial english patch for it on moddb. :)

As you might have read the current version is just a DEMO and not a full version. That's why many parts like some factions or a campaign is missing. Those things will of course be added back.

I hope that you'll give the version another try in the future when the version has been fully released. Perhaps you'll like it more when the version is not in a demo state anymore. But until then have fun playing 3.81 :)

thank you for the reply!

of course i understand and stand by your decisions, it is your project and i do see a lot of people favouring the bfme1 building style!

i will have to go back to using 3.8.1, but how do i fix the issue with the campaign mission 3?

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
You have to change the map files. If you don't know how to program/use the scripts than it will be really difficult.^^