28. Mär 2024, 22:43 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Help with the Nazgul  (Gelesen 4628 mal)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
Help with the Nazgul
« am: 11. Jun 2015, 19:16 »
Hi all^^
Don't know if this is the right section, however I wanted to ask: do you have any suggestion on how the Nazgul can be used at their best?
I was playing some matches with Mordor, today, but it seems whether they're on the battlefield or not doesn't make a real difference, regardless of the version of them (Armored, on horse, on Fellbeast...)
So what can you suggest me?
(Suggestions for both multiplayer matches as well as against the AI would be glad^^)

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: Help with the Nazgul
« Antwort #1 am: 11. Jun 2015, 20:22 »
Well, you use them carefully^^

In teamgames I use them on foot mostly. They are very fragile and in those meatgrinders they tend to die pretty fast. So just put them into the middle of your orc blob and let the debuff do the work. I can't remember using them on Fellbeasts, because pretty much everybody will get archers vs Mordor...

In a 1v1 you can use them a bit more freely, and because mapcontrol is more important here the horse comes in handy. The scream can be used to stop harassment until your army arrives to defend or in a larger battle to split the enemy forces, which can leave heroes isolated or open a path to those pesky archers who always stay out of your range. Usually I get the first Nazgul after getting Gothmog and the two of them then work together with your main orc army while some trolls do the harassment.

Remember that their debuff disables enemy leaderships, which makes Nazgul incredibly useful when fighting Boromir, Theoden and the like ;)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 11. Jun 2015, 21:08 »
The Nazguls are actually what makes the difference in Mordor.
Aside from being essential to level up Sauron, they provide you with a huge arsenal or powers and abilities the most important of which is the iconic debuff:

for a normal unupgraded Nazgul:
in a general match, when you're fighting a few "normal" units, it's pretty much safe to send your Nazgul with your units straight ahead (watch out for Pikemen though). However, when you feel the odds are against you, you'll need some very basic microing; station your Nazgul behind your line of Orcs so the debuff just affect the enemies. The enemies will suffer, and your Nazgul will have time to heal/ recharge powers, and won't get much harm.

If you don't like nerdy microing, you should always put Morgul Blade on auto-cast. despite what some people say, it's immensely effective against single powerful units and heroes; if you don't kill him right away, it will root him in place for your other stuff to do the job (and also take poison damage).

Nazguls on horses are probably one of the fastest units in the game; you should exploit that by occasionally raiding enemy unguarded settlements and lonely units, and pull out before you could effectively be engaged. this works best with a group of Nazguls including (and not limited to) the following: the normal two Nazguls, the Black Riders hero unit, KHAMUL!!, Morgul Riders, and if you can afford the upgrade: Witch King (the insane Nasgul leadership!). You can also use the Haradrim Riders if you got them.
Basically a hit and run tactic until you can muster a real assault.
You can also use this tactic to lure the enemy to an ambush where your Orcs can cut them off; the enemy will probably send spearmen and/or cavalry to counter you, and with a couple of pikeorcs, meat-shield Orcs, and some support, you can easily take them out and open a gap to the enemy.

Now it's a slightly different story when Sauron get high levels and your Nazguls get upgrades:
With Ring Hunters, it's almost straight forward: mount your fellbeasts and open hell from above!
of course you're not perfectly safe, but the enemy will almost definitely focus on getting more archer protection, which in turn (due to the new CP and cost rebalance) will leave him with a somewhat less brutal melee roster (more tower guards steel wall).

Remember that your debuff also work from the skies, so try to keep a Nazgul or two around your main force.
Also remember that the fellbeast deal a meta damage in a reasonable area, and an instakill to a single unit that it catches; use this to the maximum by targeting elite units and clusters of weak units. don't waist your time with lonely gondor swordsmen when the larger fight is developing.

when your fellbeast is taking fire, pull it out when it's around half health. DON'T WAIT TILL IT'S IN THE RED! arrows will follow you for quite a distance while you fall back.
when you want to leave a fellbeast to heal, put it on defensive stance so it doesn't rush anyone. They tend to have a pretty long sight and usually go to attack half way through the map.
If you feel the enemy has a lot of archers, DON'T stick to the fellbeast! The Nasguls are one of the most versatile units in the whole game; remember you also have a horse, and you can go on foot (against pikes which will remove their bonus on you). remember that you have some powers that work only while not flying! Khamul's anti-building aura is one of the best examples.

The Witch King:
First you will hear many saying the the WK doesn't worth it. I would say otherwise; He worth every penny!
Your most powerful hero in Mordor (after Sauron), the Witch King's got everything you would want to deal with practically every situation:
1) He's a great army AND hero supporter AND enemy debuffer: the insanely ridiculous leadership has no match in any other faction. Use it wisely! it will work great with the Nazgul wolf pack that I've explained earlier. the more Nazguls you put together near the WK the more you maximize the effect (sometimes the normal ring hunter would reach an attack of 700+!!). the leadership also work on fellbeasts! try a flying wolf pack ;)
Pay attention that once the enemy sight the WK in your army, the whole force would most likely focus on him! I think that is why people get the impression that he dies easily.
Try to use the Half-Health Rule (as I like to call it :P ).

WK also work on Horse/foot! (people tend to forget that). the other part of your leadership is and army/enemy buff/debuff, so placing the WK at the center of your army is not a bad idea. at lvl10 the WK is unmatched, the Hour of the Witch King is actually an amazing power; once you sight (for example) Gandalf, use it right away! you don't need those wizards to ruin your day^^ You also have a Murgul Blade for that matter! although I've never yet tried it, it may very well work that after you reset enemy hero, you can pin him down with Morgul Blade, and kill him with the rest of your Nazguls (on the matter of anti-hero, try to attack with all the Nazguls near the WK together. remember the 700+attack?!).

Flaming Sword is also an amazing way to break the concentration of enemies (well it's basically a WoP that leaves the enemies burning) XD

Nazguls with battle armor are trickier to manage:
they're slightly more durable, but still you can't throw them an expect them to hold. they won't.
The Shadow Prince and the Dark Marshal shine through their powers, especially DM who has an amazing power to make the armor of the enemies =0 you don't really kill them, but you make even a Citadel Guard a couple-of-hits-kill for a normal Orc.
SP also has a somewhat tricky passive power. He makes the enemies suffer damage by just attacking him! I've found out that this may work great with DM's power, and in cases of archers. however: THE Half-Health Rule!

of course all of this is under optimal conditions. the enemy can always counter you in many ways. As said, due to the Nazguls being so versatile, it really depends on your situation.
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Jun 2015, 21:11 von hoho96 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Jun 2015, 17:21 »

You really are a good and skilled strategist  8-)
No surprise that you are a Beta Tester  :)
Most of the times I can't read deeply in all the heroes' and units' capabilities and combine them effectively in the game; I have the slight suspect that I wouldn't last long against you in a Multiplayer match  :P

Nevertheless, I would say that I find Khamûl really special and useful.
As I wrote also in other posts, I think that his corrosive aura power represents somehow the Tolkien's idea of Magic, which is subtle and very 'permeating'; the presence of a powerful magical being has deep effects on the surrounding things.
If used wisely and well protected by the other troops, Khamûl can be a real torture for walls, towers and structures  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 14. Jun 2015, 17:56 von DieWalküre »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Jun 2015, 18:49 »
Oh believe me, I'm a terrible player  [ugly]

The thing is after been playing the Men of War series for 7 years, you learn (the really really HARD WAY) to pay attention to even the slightest details in every unit. This may very well mean victory or defeat. Of course RotWK is not as hardcore as Men Of War, but an RTS lesson is valid in most cases ;)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #5 am: 15. Jun 2015, 14:30 »
Hoho! You look very well informed! :D
How can you get Barrow-downs as Mordor?

"That still only counts as one!"

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Jun 2015, 17:13 »
What barrow-downs??! You mean  the morgul shadows? (Morgul*something* that I've never managed to catch).

You need sauron's influence on Morgul Fortress to unlock the upgrade on the ghosts you get after  using Morgul Blades from the Nazguls.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Jun 2015, 18:10 »
Nop I already know how to train Morgul Shadows, I am talking about Angmars' wraiths (available as lairs in some maps in 4.0).
The fact is that I saw once a player who did a special thing on one orc bataillion and afterwards every single orc of that bataillion transformed into barrow-downs after death. This guy could control them for a limited time and then they vanished.

"That still only counts as one!"

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #8 am: 3. Jul 2015, 14:11 »
Nop I already know how to train Morgul Shadows, I am talking about Angmars' wraiths (available as lairs in some maps in 4.0).
The fact is that I saw once a player who did a special thing on one orc bataillion and afterwards every single orc of that bataillion transformed into barrow-downs after death. This guy could control them for a limited time and then they vanished.
I think it's necromancer's 3rd ability, after sauron's influence

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #9 am: 3. Jul 2015, 15:23 »
That was a bug though. ;)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #10 am: 3. Jul 2015, 16:27 »
That was a bug though. ;)
And I was wondering for quite a while how did I miss such a spell in Mordor!
I literally went over every unit, every hero, every building, every spell, and fond no such power!!  [uglybunti]