20. Apr 2024, 18:29 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Edain Demo 4.1 - Your Impressions  (Gelesen 12958 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Edain Demo 4.1 - Your Impressions
« am: 26. Jun 2015, 18:14 »
Once you've made your first rounds with the new Patch 4.1, we'd love to hear what you think!
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Nov 2015, 20:34 von Ealendril »

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Edain Demo 4.1 - Your Impressions
« Antwort #1 am: 26. Jun 2015, 22:07 »
Jump on dwarves !
It's really nice.

- My catapults on the wall can be attacked by melee units.. ! (trolls, why not, but some heroes too like the Mouth of Sauron, Khamul and maybe other Nazguls).
- When I want to leave my fortress, some dwarves sometimes go in a wall at 90°, then go back normally to the door (= detour, circonvolution)
- I don't understand the travelling system, with horses and guardians !
- Very happy to see the units and their new models
- Very happy to see the city system Dale/Esgaroth (don't know what are their names in English/German).
- Happy to see carts have been redone with tups
- Impression there is less units for Dwarves than other factions.. !
- Used Gandalf once, it was great, he stays long enough, and the cooldown doesn't look so short ^^
- Bilbo, Balin and Dain are great.
- Got my ass kicked twice by Mordor on hard so I didn't see everything yet ^^
- I find ram a little too resistant against infantry, my guardians had a hard time to defeat one... !
- One Mordor catapult attacked my door, which I was repairing, and it was stable (I didn't loose HP nor gain). It's fine.
- Didn't see the advance defense system yet but I will, it looks promising

Just a little thing: Beorn didn't seem to appreciate dwarves ? (unlike eagles ? At least they are indifferent ^^). But as he helped them eventually it doesn't shock me.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 27. Jun 2015, 01:04 »
It feels kind of weird that every time Kili and Fili died and returned the battlefield they return to lv1, I think maybe you should bound their level to Throin's, just like Nazgul

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 27. Jun 2015, 11:35 »
My impressions from 4.1:

Ered Luin
Ered Luin has a wonderful movie atmosphere with Lake-Town, new models and english voice for heroes.
But I think that Lake-Town and Dale archers should be stronger and more expensive.
I like all changes for heroes but Balin should have leadership like in 3.8.1 or something what would represent his wisdom, maybe instead of the old expedition ability.

Iron Hills
Dain and his boar looks amazing in the game, but I miss his wonderful movie army.  :(
Murin and Drar have new excellent english voices.
Bilbo as scout is absolutely inappropriate for Iron Hills. He is only copies from Ered Luin faction. I hope that the Iron Hills gets his own scout in the future. Maybe some character from the Lake-Town could have this role.
Also, It is a pity that Iron Hills and Ered Luin have the same mini faction for Outpost.

I hope that the Iron Hills will rework the in the future. This subfaction needs more movie atmosphere, his own scout, outpost and stronger abilities for heroes. ;)

Erebor
Dain new model is pretty but he should also get a new voice and palantir.
Erebor heroes are not bad but I hope they will be speak english in the future. 8-|
Unfortunately, this faction is still more Gimlibor. Erebor Guardians have Gimli helmet and Axe Swinger looks like Gimli clones. I hope that this subfaction gets better soldiers from hobbit films, but Edain team said no. [ugly]
But Dale is a fantastic, I love this mini-faction.

Expedition to Khazad-Dum:
I miss old veterans from 3.8.1. I wish to Axe Swinger go away and the old veterans stay in edain. [uglybunti][uglybunti]
New movie Erebor soldirs are amazing and invincible. But I think that the current system is too complicated and combined units with ponies not much fun.

Spellbook
It is a pity that Ered Luin version of Gandalf is not permanently. Maybe he could be in Arnor.  xD
I do not understand why I can summon Beorn and his army. He came alone to help the dwarves in battle. :o
I do not really like Greed spell with random effects. I think that Greed should work as normal economic spell as in vanilla without Balrog.

The new version is not bad but Ered Luin is still more interesting than other subfactions.

Edit: New rams for Battlewagons looking great. I'm glad that the old EA animals are gone.  But it is a pity that Dain summon a same battlewagons with ram. Maybe Dain's battlewagons could have boar. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 3. Jul 2015, 17:51 von Tienety »

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #4 am: 29. Jun 2015, 09:54 »
I would like to see different concepts for each x3 dwarf factions, there is almost no variety for each faction when you choose ( buildings,weapons,armors are almost identical... ). There should  be different wall types for each dwarf factions too.

In addition, I would like to see " the iron hill faction troopers' battle formation/armors/weapons/cavalry/siege weapons/soundtracks-speech of iron hill soldiers while preparing to battle from the hobbit's 3rd movie itself ".

Other rest is really nice ;but how to build " city of dale " ? I can only build " town lake " in the game :( that " city of dale " option is not appear at construction options.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jun 2015, 09:59 von LordMaus »

Joragon

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
« Antwort #5 am: 29. Jun 2015, 11:33 »
As Erebor faction you can build Dale ;)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 29. Jun 2015, 11:57 »
Zitat
There should  be different wall types for each dwarf factions too.
Not possible.

LordMaus

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #7 am: 29. Jun 2015, 14:21 »
GAME IS VERY LAGGY AFTER A POINT ;AND GENERALLY GAME IS FROZEN FOR NO REASON and then NO RESPONDING :((

FIX IT EDAIN TEAM ( WE DIDN'T HAVE THAT KIND PROBLEMS AT PREVIOUS PATCHES ), TY !!!

there are some bug that some units can come inside of your castle even the gate is closed and ranged heroes can attack your units from outside of the castle walls :(

so far, the fight against AI, I am losing to other factions most of time at brutal or hard mode :( the dwarfs units are not so good comparing to other factions' units. To compensate it : " WE WANT IRON HILLS CONCEPTS MORE " like units/armors/weapons/soundtracks/siege weapons/cavalry from HOBBIT 3 movie !!! Thank you.

will we see " the iron hill faction troopers' battle formation/armors/weapons/cavalry/siege weapons/soundtracks-speech of iron hill soldiers while preparing to battle from the hobbit's 3rd movie itself " at next patch ? thank you.

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #8 am: 29. Jun 2015, 16:11 »
GAME IS VERY LAGGY AFTER A POINT ;AND GENERALLY GAME IS FROZEN FOR NO REASON and then NO RESPONDING :((

FIX IT EDAIN TEAM ( WE DIDN'T HAVE THAT KIND PROBLEMS AT PREVIOUS PATCHES ), TY !!!

there are some bug that some units can come inside of your castle even the gate is closed and ranged heroes can attack your units from outside of the castle walls :(

so far, the fight against AI, I am losing to other factions most of time at brutal or hard mode :( the dwarfs units are not so good comparing to other factions' units. To compensate it : " WE WANT IRON HILLS CONCEPTS MORE " like units/armors/weapons/soundtracks/siege weapons/cavalry from HOBBIT 3 movie !!! Thank you.

will we see " the iron hill faction troopers' battle formation/armors/weapons/cavalry/siege weapons/soundtracks-speech of iron hill soldiers while preparing to battle from the hobbit's 3rd movie itself " at next patch ? thank you.

You don´t have to post the same things 3 times.
Please stay calm and don´t spam, just because you miss something. Thanks.

The bug you mentioned has already been reported several times and the team has also answered many times, that it is a problem with the AI that cannot be fixed and also exists since Bsttle for Middle Earth 1.

If you have ideas for new features/ designs etc., please post concepts in the suggestion area of the forum.

Palpou

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 29. Jun 2015, 19:43 »
It's weird, I don't have this bug ! I played BFME 1, BFME 2, RotwK, Edain mod... And never [units coming inside even the gate closed] or [ranged heroes can attack your units from outside of the castle walls]. The only bug I had with BFME 2 (or 1.. ? Don't remember) was my units falling from the wall without reason.

I had a big lag with 5 computer-players, I saved, I went back to menu, put "high" instead of "very high" for graphism, went back in the game it lagged 5 seconds then it was ok.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #10 am: 7. Jul 2015, 18:41 »
Think  that is great idea, it's frustrating when they reach some higher level and then die...
Please take this preposition in consideration. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:18 von CragLord »

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #11 am: 8. Jul 2015, 14:27 »
It feels kind of weird that every time Kili and Fili died and returned the battlefield they return to lv1, I think maybe you should bound their level to Throin's, just like Nazgul
Think  that is great idea, it's frustrating when they reach some higher level and then die...

For one, the Nazguls aren't summoned heroes.
Second, it's not just Fili and Kili. Every summoned hero will return to his original level when he dies/times out. It's just how the game works unfortunately.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 8. Jul 2015, 15:50 »
Pity. Anyway, it's more challenging to play them.
« Letzte Änderung: 30. Sep 2015, 20:18 von CragLord »

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #13 am: 8. Jul 2015, 16:00 »

For one, the Nazguls aren't summoned heroes.
Second, it's not just Fili and Kili. Every summoned hero will return to his original level when he dies/times out. It's just how the game works unfortunately.
Just always let Kili and Fili level up with Throin and cannel their own experience bar, so once they are summoned they will level up to Throin's current level

SkaarjX

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #14 am: 10. Jul 2015, 03:06 »
Hi team!

Love the mod, love the dwarves update.

Just a few small bugs to report, and a couple of balance suggestions (in-case they haven't already been reported/suggested).

Bugs:
- AI doesn't build troops from laketown/dale on all maps I have tried.
- Gimli's leap doesn't seem to work.
- Dwarves' castle is too big on a few maps, walls are missing at start.
- Often building new outposts, camps or castles, plots/walls are missing.

Balance suggestions:
- Veterans of Khazad Dum are extremely strong, and relatively cheap/easy.
Suggestion: Make them less strong, or make them less chance of appearing.
- Dwarven chariots have a few problems:
Very low health, die very quickly.
High cost, but low CP. Should be high CP/cost, or low CP/cost.
They are not very useful. Only for killing enemy archers sometimes.
Suggestion: Make them higher CP & tougher, damage seems fine.

Thanks for reading my post, I hope that helps :)