29. Mär 2024, 09:48 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Which Dwarven faction do you like the most?

Erebor
16 (23.2%)
Ered Luin
31 (44.9%)
Iron Hills
22 (31.9%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 63

Autor Thema: The most favourite Dwarven faction  (Gelesen 10598 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
The most favourite Dwarven faction
« am: 13. Jul 2015, 19:51 »
Question is which Dwarven faction do you like the most? And why?  :)
You can talk about strategy, heroes, units and their design in this thread, but don't forget that:
Zitat
On the general topic:
At the moment there are no further plans to import the look of the basic iron hill dwarves into Edain (either because most of the team isn't convinced by the design, and because there is no modeler available to do it). We might experiment with it in the far future, but right now we have other priorities.

« Letzte Änderung: 13. Jul 2015, 20:15 von TiberiusOgden »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The most favourite Dwarven faction
« Antwort #1 am: 13. Jul 2015, 21:23 »
I am not really a great fan of the Dwarves, and I admit that I hardly ever played with them in the Edain Mod 3.8.1, nor am I really an expert of the Dwarven Lore.

But I really have to say that I like playing them in the current Edain Mod 4.1  :)
I like BOTFA Dáin concept of the Iron Hills, but I would say that my favourite subfaction is the 'Blue Mountains'.
You can use all the Dwarves of the Dwarven Company from the Hobbit trilogy, and the heroes themselves are very Hobbit-ish, probably the most Hobbit-ish ones among the three subfactions  :)
And the Blue Mountains always give me a feeling of relief and safety, probably because they are one the most safest places in Middle Earth during the War of the Ring, and because they are situated in the far west of the World, very closed to the Great Sea  :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Jul 2015, 10:58 »
My favorite dwarven faction faction is Ered Luin. I love all units and heroes in Ered Luin. Also in this faction is my favorite dwarf from movie - Dwalin. I think this faction is simply perfect and much better than the other two factions. xD

Iron Hills is my second favorite faction, because I love Dain, Murin and slayers. If Edain team add somehow dwarves army from the movie, probably Iron Hills will be my favorite dwarven faction. :D

Erebor?
I don't play Erebor in edain mod. I don't like Gimli clones units in this faction, especially Axe Swinger.
« Letzte Änderung: 27. Aug 2015, 12:55 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Jul 2015, 13:33 »
Well my favourite is Iron Hills and next Erebor or may be a tie between them but I like them Iron Hills cuz of Dain and his new Look and the Iron Hills Slayers,while Erebor only because of the Great Skinf ADamin made,those are the only reasons I play them from to time!Burt rearly :(
And thus my Favourite Faction in Game is Ered Luin it has great Unit Designs with great Armor and cool Heroes all with Movie Deisgns and my Favourite is Thorin and next Balin!The Dwarven Deffenders are the perfect embodiment of the Dwarven Toughness and strong Havy Armor!!And Ered Luin is basicly the best of the 3 especially in Designs aspect  and even in other it is the strongest of the 3 which I cant actually understand why since Ered Luin was more of a Colony rather than a strong established Kingdom with great millitary power but still Edain has done great work with them in making them the best Dwarven Faction in their Mod! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #4 am: 15. Jul 2015, 04:37 »
Favorite: Ered Luin. Reason: OP heroes are so fun  [uglybunti]
2nd favorite: Erebor. Reason: Gimli is also very fun, even though hes crazy weak at the moment. Gloins oil spill/light fire is also really fun to burn orcs with.
Iron Hills kinda sucks IMO, not really very dwarf-like at all, units aren't tanky enough.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Jul 2015, 23:24 »
Ered Luin is the favourite of the most including me and we all know why! :)
About Iron Hills I agree completly with you!They deosnt look very "Dwarvish" lackin the Heavy Armor and Shields and the tough Dwarven look which is a key feauture of the Dwarven Race over all!And Erebor well Gimli is a fun Hero but not a whole Army looking like him,thats not that fun to me :D :D But still Dains Model is awesome and he is a great Hero! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #6 am: 21. Jul 2015, 08:47 »
Iron Hills kinda sucks IMO, not really very dwarf-like at all, units aren't tanky enough.
As a veteran Dwarven Player that i think that I am I have to tell you that you are very Wrong. ironhils is the best Dwarven faction to play ofensive. Why? Because have a lot of speed buffs and damage buffs. Also Keep in mind that no other infantry can gharge as ironhills troops do, and they get a lot of advantage with this charges. Also fully Upgraded they can make weaker the heros and let every herobattle to the side of iron hills. With a dain at lvl 7 You can end up using an armie with 85% more damage using his 2 active abilities, so Ironhills isnt weak, and in my opinion have a very good look-Dwarf. Many thx to that awesome old desings edain team, i Love my 1 hand axe guardians and my slaughters.

Anyway my favourite faction is Erebor. Erebor is the best faction to start in a well way, with one of the best earlier leaderships with Dain you can get a small armie with a very high damage and armor. Also Is the best faction to go enemie territory-destroy outpost-retreat thx to their high damage to structures. Gimli is really good and give the faction the chance to broke enemie lines, also offers the axethrowers, who can destroy entire armored armies. I love Dale more than Lake-Town, so I prefer The units of Dale, specially the archers with black arrows are one of my favourite units of the game. Brand looks far away more powerfull than Bard, because of his melle damage which is very high.
Thank you for the Dwarven release and for made their gameplay more fun than any other mod or the original game.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #7 am: 21. Jul 2015, 10:04 »
He is not talking about "weak" Iron Hills he is talking about the visual look! :) Dwarves are not known for that fast sprints and as we saw in BoFA the ycan Cahrge pretty well with Armro too! So I agree about their looks that they need a change but Iron Hills is not weak at all! :)

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #8 am: 21. Jul 2015, 12:12 »
He said that dwarves was not enough tanky, and i said the reason.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #9 am: 21. Jul 2015, 12:53 »
Well instead of higher Armor Stats they can get a little Health boost!After all Dwarves are Dwarves they are all tough and strong! :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #10 am: 21. Jul 2015, 15:59 »
I did mean their health and armor Lord Dain, and Draco I'm well aware of all the abilities of each hero of each faction, I've gone through and read their abilities between 2 and 4 times each. I meant the entire general feel or the Iron Hills is not very dwarf like, although I understand that Dain is a terrible force to be reckoned with on the battlefield. I also don't really care for the 2 heroes that come from games workshop, although I understand that they are necessary because the Iron Hills need more heroes. It doesn't ultimately matter, because this thread is just for opinions, and people shouldn't come here to start arguments.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #11 am: 29. Jul 2015, 13:46 »
For me it's ered luin , mainly for their movie atmosphere , thorin ( he is one of the best heroes in game now ) and their focus on defence :) . Although i would say that erebor is the strongest one, dain's leadership at lvl1 , gloin is the strongest building destroyer , gimli mass slayer, their focus on destroying every structure in their way + dale, which i find stronger than lake-town + you get all dwarves via dain's lvl 10 ability . Iron hills is good and their focus on speed and attack is nice , you don't feel like you are playing with small slow dwarves :D but they lack something , unique outpost or scout hero or different thorin than erebor. Keep up good work team :)

Darkslayer

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #12 am: 30. Jul 2015, 19:37 »
Iron Hills is my favorite (because of movie Dain!), and then Ered Luin, and then Erebor. I like them all though!

Dardrad_of_Ered_Luin

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #13 am: 4. Aug 2015, 22:56 »
my favorite sub-faction is Ered Luin because his inspired in the company of Thorin heroes and their units are a good tank, according to sub-faction my favorite is iron hills as they can get desplasarce rapidmente units and have a good attack
All good dwarf never flee from a fight

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #14 am: 6. Aug 2015, 14:06 »
Ered Luin will alwasy be the most famousand likd because of its MOvie Atmosphere Army and his OP Heroes and Movie Thorin!The only think that keeps Iron Hills Going is Dains Movie look!we are not talking only about weak and strong all Factions are tough and strong but it is just Ered Luin is unnecessery stronger while lore wise it should be the weakest! Iron Hills as Kryptik said are not Dwarvish Enough!What kind of Dwarves do not have heavy Armor and has so lol Armor and Health!? :) Erebor is good but the Gimlibor thnig keeps me away from it!