28. Mär 2024, 13:28 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Cheap or expensive heroes/units/structures  (Gelesen 6867 mal)

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Cheap or expensive heroes/units/structures
« am: 14. Jul 2015, 22:21 »
In this thread you can discuss or post your feedback concerning units, buildings or heroes if you feel that something is too expensive on the one hand or something should be cheaper on the other. You have to justify your opinion as usual. ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Jul 2015, 23:03 von TiberiusOgden »

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
Re: Cheap or expensive heroes/units/structures
« Antwort #1 am: 14. Jul 2015, 22:41 »
Currently on German forum exists thread about Ringwraiths and their prices.

Argument is that they are too expensive although they aren't so powerful as their price is so high. Especially Witch King and Khamul, available in the fortress on the outpost, which costs 3 000 Middle-earth money.

Suggestion is following:
Battle armor upgrade 500 + Nazgul 1100 = 1600 overall
Ring hunter upgrade 750 + Nazgul 1100 = 1850 overall
Witch king upgrade 1000+ Witch king 2000 = 3000 overall
Khamûl ugradee 1000 + Khamûl 1600 = 2600 overall

King-Thranduil

• Hobbit
  • Dail ú-chyn Ú-danno i failad a thi; an úben tannat
« Antwort #2 am: 14. Jul 2015, 23:11 »
First Thing i want to be of higher price is Dain.I mean how can Thorin III be more expensive than him.Dain should be 3200 Gold and Thorin III Should be 2100

Boromir more expensive than Faramir,because he is a Greatest Captain of Gondor that ever lived.

That's all.

Regards,King-Thranduil

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #3 am: 14. Jul 2015, 23:29 »
Dain should be 3200

Well, maximum price is 3 000, otherwise will be problems with AI or something like that, but mainly there is general concepts about it. Only powerful heroes like Gandalf cost 3 000, rest of heroes is under 3 000.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #4 am: 14. Jul 2015, 23:43 »
I second King-Thranduil's point of view.

"That still only counts as one!"

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 14. Jul 2015, 23:59 »
King Thranduil: Make him cost more than 3000 so I won't see this filthy and uncouth dwarf again!

OK, I will never ever try to be humorous again, since on second thought even I cann't stand the terrible sense of "humor" myself.

For Erebor, I could understand why Throin III is more expensive since clearly they want to make him the core hero of late game, as in the book he is the first Dwarven King of fourth age, although I am not so sure how to appreciate his power.

For Iron Hill, it is clear Dain Ironfoot is the most important hero and Throin III is still very young, problem is should we further strengthen Dain so he could be worth more than 2500?
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Jul 2015, 00:14 von ziqing »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #6 am: 15. Jul 2015, 04:32 »
I think that having the revival cost of heroes the same as the recruitment cost is a bit much. The system from vanilla BFME was better, where if they die at level 1 its super cheap to revive them, but as they increase in level they become more expensive to revive.

I made a lot of comments on costs for different upgrades and units for Isengard in my other thread, I'll repost them here.

(I copied this directly from the other thread)

My only other suggestion is to increase the cost of heroic statues to 300, to kill the current laming strategy of hero rushing with Rohan, which is nigh-uncounterable as Mordor and extremely hard to counter as Isengard.
« Letzte Änderung: 15. Jul 2015, 08:18 von TiberiusOgden »
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

The Dark Lord

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #7 am: 15. Jul 2015, 06:19 »
Currently on German forum exists thread about Ringwraiths and their prices.

Argument is that they are too expensive although they aren't so powerful as their price is so high. Especially Witch King and Khamul, available in the fortress on the outpost, which costs 3 000 Middle-earth money.

Suggestion is following:
Battle armor upgrade 500 + Nazgul 1100 = 1600 overall
Ring hunter upgrade 750 + Nazgul 1100 = 1850 overall
Witch king upgrade 1000+ Witch king 2000 = 3000 overall
Khamûl ugradee 1000 + Khamûl 1600 = 2600 overall

What the suggustion saying about price of nazgul sounds really good and fair price but the fortressen are too epensive too 3000 cost low healt end poor defense itseld that needs ro be changed.

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #8 am: 15. Jul 2015, 16:13 »
But from that fortress comes very strong variants of free orcs, and other special units. The fortresses are quite easy to defend, and I think the price of 3000 is appropriate.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 15. Jul 2015, 19:36 »
I think that having the revival cost of heroes the same as the recruitment cost is a bit much. The system from vanilla BFME was better, where if they die at level 1 its super cheap to revive them, but as they increase in level they become more expensive to revive.
I agree, I prefer vanilla system. This is the problem for expensive heroes as Gandalf or Saruman. If they die on level 1 you must pay again 3000. [uglybunti]

The Dark Lord

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #10 am: 15. Jul 2015, 21:21 »
But from that fortress comes very strong variants of free orcs, and other special units. The fortresses are quite easy to defend, and I think the price of 3000 is appropriate.

Still they have poor dwfense on there own

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #11 am: 15. Jul 2015, 21:29 »
I support concept of "cheaper revived heroes" as well. xD
It was quite reasonable in BFME1.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #12 am: 15. Jul 2015, 22:03 »

I agree with you, Dol Guldur and Minas Morgul are definitely not the average outpost you could encounter.
Fear and Poison are enough elements to make them resistant and dangerous  :)

I support concept of "cheaper revived heroes" as well. xD
It was quite reasonable in BFME1.

Me too, useful system  8-)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #13 am: 16. Jul 2015, 00:12 »
Still they have poor dwfense on there own
lol, that's no different from any of the other outposts. Dol Guldur will severely damage all surrounding units, and minas morgul makes enemy units really weak and easy to kill. The only outposts that can defend themselves on their own are the Steelworks for Isen and Lake Town/Dale for dwarves, all the rest of the outposts are relatively defenceless.

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #14 am: 16. Jul 2015, 00:14 »
*cough* DA-fortress *cough* :P

If you want an outpost that can defend itself, use the normal one and build towers. Can't get more defensive than that.

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #15 am: 16. Jul 2015, 00:29 »
*cough* DA-fortress *cough* :P

If you want an outpost that can defend itself, use the normal one and build towers. Can't get more defensive than that.
Could Mordor outpost build battle tower?

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
« Antwort #16 am: 16. Jul 2015, 00:39 »
Don't think so, not quite sure though. I was talking about Gondor, I didn't think about the Mordor outpost^^

ziqing

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #17 am: 16. Jul 2015, 00:54 »
Don't think so, not quite sure though. I was talking about Gondor, I didn't think about the Mordor outpost^^

Well as far as I know they couldn't.

The only outposts that can defend themselves on their own are the Steelworks for Isen and Lake Town/Dale for dwarves, all the rest of the outposts are relatively defenceless.

And Gondor fortress, which just cost 2000. Mordor fortress needs some arrow tower defence, at least Minas Morgul, it is a fortress for God's sake

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
« Antwort #18 am: 16. Jul 2015, 05:04 »
I agree minas morgul should get an arrow tower