27. Apr 2024, 08:31 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

Should Iron Hills or Ered Luin get new and unique Outpost!?

Iron Hills should get the new Assembly Halls!
35 (58.3%)
Ered Luin should get the new Assembly Halls!
8 (13.3%)
No they should remain as they are with Lake-Town!
17 (28.3%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 54

Autor Thema: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin/Iron Hills  (Gelesen 75358 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: New and Different Outpost Building for Ered Luin/Iron Hills
« Antwort #195 am: 9. Sep 2015, 19:33 »
Well I just hope you guys liked my ideas and concepts and abilities with Spear Throw and etc...
Now for real my friends lets hope fingers crossed for the Team and German Forum to like all of our combined efforts! :-)
GREETINGS! :-)
P.S. I just have a thought since Ered Mithrin and Orocarni Units must be somehow equivalent of Lake Town and Dale Units we can make this which will fit.great I think for Ered Mithrin and Orocarni style!So this is what I mean ,we can have Ered Mithrin Spearman(Lake Town and Dale Spearman) ,Ered Mithrin Crossbowman (Lake Town and Dale Archers) and in the end Orocarni Guardians (Lake Town and Dale Swordsman) all those will be limited to 3 Battalions for Unit to represent the small numbers of Dwarves in Ered Mithrin and the fact that Orocarni are long distanced and have some grudge against Lonbeards so thats why they send only few in numbers! :-)
What do you guys think about that!? :-)

Oh and here is what I think is the best(to my opinion and persenal taste) design for Grimir/Gorin and I think Edain had simillar Design for Thorin Oeakenshield in Odler Versions which can be remade a little and used! :)
I think this Old Thorin Figure will work perfectly as a look for Grimir/Gorin it looks Noble and Leader like a Lord but not so Kingly to represnt that Ered Mithrin is not a great Dwarven Realm led by a dcendant of Durin or other Father of the Dwarves! :)
What you think about it!!? :)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Sep 2015, 21:53 von LordDainIronfoot »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #196 am: 9. Sep 2015, 22:42 »
That Grimir looks great Dain, to me it's better than the older one! I think solely Ered Mithrin units would be best, because having only regular warriors of Orocarni and only spearmen/crossbowmen from Grey Mountains doesn't really suit me well tbh. If Orocarni were to be put in the mod then I'd like them to become a standard swordsmen/spearmen/archer combo like the other factions.

I'm about 25% done with the translations and I'll continue tomorrow.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #197 am: 9. Sep 2015, 22:49 »
Very nice lore explanation about limitations of dwarven numbers. That is really nice argument for those limitations, I personally support this. Also I think that new Grimir's look is best suggested so far.
I am thinking about new maybe passive abilities this new units could have, will post something about them ASAP (I have came to idea, if those units are limited and as you have said from balace terms they need to be stronger, maybe we could suggest for new passive abilites for every single one of them, something similar exist with Mordor's Cirith Ungol units, every single unit have unique passive ability, in case of those units they should have more defensive like those Cirith Ungols do more damage, because Iron Hills is already DPS faction in term of units).

Also guys I will suggest something which is maybe to radical, but it is really unique (personally I have got that if we not suggest something unique or lore wise we are doomed in start, so I will suggest this which is in my opinion unique and lore approved from movie aspect :P)
I was thinking, we have suggested ballista like upgrade for Assembly Halls (I have suggested it at first place), so maybe we could also think about Windlance. I mean, windlance is something very unique, this could only be avaliable at Outposts of dwarven kingdoms.
So I will underline now, so this don't make some confusion, this idea is mainly because of balance between those dwarven Ouposts. I have suggestion that all Ouposts have Windlance upgrade, or Lake Town/Dale have it and Assembly could stay on idea about balista. So in general all three Outpost have "unique" siege weapon expansion.
Windlance could have mainly anti monseter and anti air role! Their attack could be only air oriented or both air and ground. I presume this is something which animations are very hard to do, so mainly this is idea on which should be watched like upgrade of Outposts, not something which is indispensable part of this Outpost building or this idea in general!

P.S. I have just noticed Fredius comment, so I have to add next, we have a problem with idea in general (I mean with idea of Assembly Halls) if we have only one "kind" of dwarves. In that case, we shouldn't add Assembly Halls at all, insted we should add some reinforcement Ered Mithrin building or Orocarni building in other case. So from my prospective, Ered Mithrin and Orocarni units are necessary if we want base for Assembly Halls, if we want in this Outpost only Ered Mithrin or only Orocarni units, then we should suggest new (in term of look, properties and some expansions) Outpost building. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #198 am: 9. Sep 2015, 22:56 »
I am glad you like the Grimir look! :)

No while I share your opinoin about the Orocarni,we have to think about the Balance!If te Assembly Halls give much more Units for Orocarni like Guardians,Spearman,Archer(or something else) as well the same for Ered Mithrin it will make it arther unbalalnced and too strong comapred to the Lake Town and Dale only 3 Units! :) And as much as I would like too se full Orocarni Army I think that the Team will not like it if it s like that!

So have Balance between the 3 Outposts we should have the Same Number of Units available,that at least what I think! And I think I suggested a godo way for that! :)
Ered Mithrin 2 Units it is closer liek distance and relationship with Iron Hills and 1 Orocarni Unit because it is much bigger distance(and Orocarni Can't leave their Stronghold undefended by sending full Army) and also they have a grudge against Longbeards so they still honor their word but send less Reinfrocments!
And further more since the Units are Dwarves they have to be basicaly stronger(Have more Health and Armor than Dale and Lake Town) to balacne that we will make them Limited to 3 Battalions per Unit which will also corresponds to the low numbers of Dwarves in Ered Mithrin and the grudge and the long distance of Orocarni! :)
So what do you think my firend do you agree with that!? :)

P.S. Take your time and rest,no need to hurry you are doing enough for us as it is now! :)
Absolutely agree with you Crag,and I think mine idea makes a perfect way to have both Orocarni and Ered Mithrin Units and have Assembly Halls! :)

I agree over all with that diea,but I think the animation for Windlance could be a problem or may be not,I am not sure! :)
Greetings! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Sep 2015, 23:02 von LordDainIronfoot »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #199 am: 9. Sep 2015, 23:47 »
Hmm good points guys. Okay I too agree with the Assembly Hall containing both Orocarni and Ered Luin units.

Altough I too like the windlance idea, please remember that making animations is one of the hardest things in BFME. However, I'll put the windlance idea as a proposal for an upgrade and if it's not possible then the alternative would be a standard ballista.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #200 am: 10. Sep 2015, 00:00 »
Windlance is something new in term of all Outposts, you just underline that is suggestion as I have described above... I really don't want to give some new reason of rejecting this idea. I know it is just radical, but in other hand it is really unique, and I hope Ea won't say again that this idea is lack of new stuff. :P
My preposition is to focus on new passive unique abilities for those dwarven units for now.
Thanks again Fredius! :)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #201 am: 10. Sep 2015, 08:19 »
Well, If Orocarni and no-canon hero is big problem, We can add some Ered Luin Adventurers to Assembly Hall with some hero from Thorin company or Nár.
Ered Luin Adventurers can have old design(like in Ered Luin faction) but with hood and cape.

Maybe Assembly Hall can have all three standard unit from Orocarni(or Ered Luin) and Ered Mithrin but with different strengths.
Orocarni(or Ered Luin): better armor
Ered Mithrin: stronger against monster and single target
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Sep 2015, 10:16 von Tienety »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #202 am: 10. Sep 2015, 10:04 »
I am for Orocarni ,Ered Luin Armor Soldiers you can get with Dain LV 10,I think Orocarni are the better choice for th
Assembly Halls! :-)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #203 am: 10. Sep 2015, 11:41 »
agree

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #204 am: 10. Sep 2015, 18:42 »
Hello to all! :)

Concerning myh last suggestion for Grimir Model,I remebered that it was used for Thorin Oakenshield Model in much Older Version of Edain Mod!Which will make it easier to use with just few Color and graphic adjusments I think at least  it will be! :)

All this makes it easier for the Team I think,if they still keep the Model of course! :)
The only things I think should be cahnged are diffrent Color of Clothe and Cape!May be Dark Grey or Pale Blue Gray with Grey Clothes!? And a little change for te Hair Style and Beard to look more like this....

And I think he should get that Shoulder Armor!It looks awesome and cool,I think they will fit good and will be nice on him to see in game! :)

Well and different Weapon like Two Handed Mattock or smoething I suggested in previous Posts!
What do you guys think about this!?

Greetings!
« Letzte Änderung: 10. Sep 2015, 18:46 von LordDainIronfoot »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #205 am: 10. Sep 2015, 19:25 »
I am not for this idea, Nár is know like Thrors companion, old dwarf, more messanger than warrior. Also it is matter of preferences about Orocarni, as I have understand team finds them like dwarfes who might be allied with Sauron. That is matter of preferences and individual opinion. From lore there is not singe one fact to support this thinking.
All we know is that in East was four tribes, they lived in rich mountains, full of different kind of minerals and some of those tribes had gold lust. :)

I agree about special abilities, but 6 units, that is too much.
As I have said earlier, I presonally think that in Assembly Halls we need different types of dwarven warriors from different kingdoms, that is base of Assembly Halls. In other case, we should suggest some Orocarni barracks or Ered Mithrin structure for Ered Mithrin units in particular.
I like idea, but I think it is OP, just make comparison with other dwarven Outposts.

In comparison with regular Iron Hills infantry those units will have more armor, and they will do more damage to monsters.
At start all Assembly Halls units should have 10-15% more armour than regular infantry.
About passives abilities:
Orocarni guardians will have passive ability named : Gold lust.
Those units during fight get into state of Gold lust, if they are focused more than 2 sec on target, then they got 10% of attack speed (or some other amount of bonus attack speed, this makes Guardinas effective against single target enemies).
Ered Mithrin units will have passive ability named: Monster fighters
They will do bonus damage against Monsters, and only monsters.
Against normal units they will do standard damage.

Agree, nice suggestion. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Sep 2015, 00:35 von CragLord »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #206 am: 11. Sep 2015, 02:29 »
Lovely ideas guys really great work!

I agree with Crag and Dain, Ered Luin doesn't really have to be a part of the Assembly Hall; I think the idea of using Dwarves from less-known kingdoms is what makes our Assembly Hall unique!

Yes Dain that model could indeed be used with some little changes to it, nice work!

Nice idea Crag about the Goldlust! I have thought more of making it a little more unique; what do you guys think of the idea of making the "Goldlust" power a passive power of the Orocarni Dwarves who give money to the player everytime the they kill an enemy; because they raid their corpses for valuables? This will definetly display the greedy nature of the Orocarni Dwarves.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #207 am: 11. Sep 2015, 04:39 »
A have to agree with Crag on this one!Too many Units will ruin the Balance with Dale and Lake Town just as I said in previous comments! And as Fredius said having different than the current Dwarven Kingdoms is what makes the Assembly Halls what they are and unoqe! :-)

I really like the idea about those Passsive Abilities and Bonuses I think they fit perfect ,I see you have thought very hard about them and made excellent work in creating them :-)

My friend I have thought about that too as a way to represent their Gold Lust but since Iron Hills Regular Army can gain a he same effect trough Thorin III Runes and it will not be so unique but nevertheless the idea is good and if the Team likes I will happy to have it in Game! :-)

Greetings! :-)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #208 am: 11. Sep 2015, 09:27 »
Great idea but I think that Grimir can keep his old sword. 8-)

Nice idea, but Orocarni dwarves should gets gold with this Gold lust ability. Maybe Orocarni dwarves can gets gold if they are attacking the enemy buildings. What do you think about this?

Orocarni dwarves can gets same power with Thorin's rune:
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Sep 2015, 09:32 von Tienety »

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #209 am: 11. Sep 2015, 13:28 »
I didn't know about Thorin III's ability, looks like I have to play the game more often xD.

Gaining resources from buildings is a good alternative to me, thanks Tienety! What does the rest think about that idea?