20. Apr 2024, 09:09 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Balancing Dwarven Heroes, Ered Luin Especially.  (Gelesen 4561 mal)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
Balancing Dwarven Heroes, Ered Luin Especially.
« am: 27. Jul 2015, 17:52 »
So I played a game the other day, against my friend. I was Isengard and he was Ered Luin. Every single conflict I would destroy his entire army, or at least 90% of it, veterans included. However, his heroes could simply not be killed. Their health and armor, when combined with mithril, were absolutely insane. But that is not the reason that I'm making this thread, because I agree with them getting high health and armor from mithril. The problem was the INSANE damage that they deal when high level. Bofur at level 10 was dealing over 1k damage if I remember rightly, and this was on normal skirmish mode, NOT legendary heroes. This needs balancing extremely badly, and the mithril should be made a little harder to get as well. Leave your thoughts on this, I'm interested in hearing other peoples views on the heroes of the dwarves in general, and what needs to be weakened.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
Re: Balancing Dwarven Heroes, Ered Luin Especially.
« Antwort #1 am: 28. Jul 2015, 19:05 »
I honestly haven't played them enough, but I do know that Dwalin has an agro deathwish.

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #2 am: 28. Jul 2015, 19:12 »
Although I am big proponent of knockback effect in game, so Balin's knockback for every hero through his runes is quite OP. And rest of runes as well ... if you use them wisely.
Quite OP even for teleport guy. :D

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Jul 2015, 20:30 »
So I played a game the other day, against my friend. I was Isengard and he was Ered Luin. Every single conflict I would destroy his entire army, or at least 90% of it, veterans included. However, his heroes could simply not be killed. Their health and armor, when combined with mithril, were absolutely insane. But that is not the reason that I'm making this thread, because I agree with them getting high health and armor from mithril. The problem was the INSANE damage that they deal when high level. Bofur at level 10 was dealing over 1k damage if I remember rightly, and this was on normal skirmish mode, NOT legendary heroes. This needs balancing extremely badly, and the mithril should be made a little harder to get as well. Leave your thoughts on this, I'm interested in hearing other peoples views on the heroes of the dwarves in general, and what needs to be weakened.

The biggest issue is that Balin's rune of fate gives all the effects.
It does not just improve upon them, but rather gives  all of the effects at once, but better  :o
Sup :P

Melkor Bauglir

• Held von Helms Klamm
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Jul 2015, 22:45 »
And I also think, that Thorin Oakenshields leadership as king is too strong (it gives +75% attack for troops & a lot of other buffs) -primarily, because both other dwarven factions haven't anything comparable to this.
Also the second supporting skill of the Dains isn't possible to negate this problem, because Oakenshield himself has such an ability, too. (His level 10 active ability, don't know the english name.)
However if Balins "Rune of Fate" should have this effect, this is certainly a bug and should be reported. (Especially because that's a pretty big problem. ;))

Greetings
Melkor Bauglir

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 3. Aug 2015, 22:38 »
thorin with his stats can kill everything  i think to balance him there should be an option to make him wear the armor from the movie but make him tank like but decrease his dmg and if not then decrease his armor and make him a hero killer like

TiberiusOgden

• Gast
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Aug 2015, 17:55 »
I've taken some in game pictures concerning Dwarven runes. In order to look at it more closely.

Balin:

Thorin III for Erebor:

Thorin III for Iron Hills:

Draco100000

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Revenge? REVENGE? I will show you revenge!
« Antwort #7 am: 11. Aug 2015, 01:44 »
The Insane dmg of Dwarves from Ered Luin is because of the buff of Thorin oakenshield, Killing Thorin and not feeding him, can make extreamly weak Ered Luin. The heros of Ered Luin have a normal base dmg, But with 33% of additional dmg, from thorin leadership make their dmg extreamly high, anyway, Dwarven heros can be easily outnumbered, after killed the dwarven armie, afterall they are only heros and combining heavy-medium troops with heros will destroy Ered Luin Heros.

Any Way the best thing that could make the team is fix the Fate rune, thats reason why ered Luin heros are dangerous. Because they can destroy entire mid game armies with balin rune fate. Simply deleting this rune and having to get 1 by 1 the other 3 Ered Luin heros will lvl up slower and finally will be more easy to kill.

As a suggestion I could prefer a lower dmg bonus for units on lvl 5 instead of actual hero dmg bonus, maybe 15% more dmg only to units. About lvl 10 leadership I havent got any reason to delete the 75% more dmg to nearby units, keeping in mind that Gondor can get this amount of buffs in dmg and armor easily Using Imrahill and Faramir Leaderships, and they get this leaderships in lvl 3 and 5 not like thorin ( in lvl 10) so it isnt unbalanced, in my opinion.

The Dark Lord

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #8 am: 21. Aug 2015, 13:37 »
I've taken some in game pictures concerning Dwarven runes. In order to look at it more closely.

Balin:

Thorin III for Erebor:

Thorin III for Iron Hills:

sorry to aks this :P but that map looks like fun is it in the game allready or not if so what the name of it  :)

FG15

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
« Antwort #9 am: 21. Aug 2015, 13:58 »
Yes, it is. The name is Brandywine.

The Dark Lord

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #10 am: 22. Aug 2015, 19:09 »
Yes, it is. The name is Brandywine.

A thank you