25. Apr 2024, 18:04 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New design for the Dwarven units  (Gelesen 62319 mal)

CragLord

• Gast
Re: Movie or different design for Iron Hills!?
« Antwort #15 am: 18. Aug 2015, 14:14 »
Yes, you have right. I agree about Slaughterers unique book look. That is main problem for now, I said earlier they all look like Slaughterers. But also I must be objective and I will say for now we have similar problem with Erebor also (Gimli clones).  Also I wrote in my previous comment about armor upgrades look on different units etc. I agree, units shouldn't be like clones, and basic units don't need to have that kind of beards, but I must say that black color (I know you didn't mentioned this) is obviously reserved for them. Every dwarven faction has unique units color (of beards&hair), Ered Luin - blonde, Erebor-brown, IH-black, also don't think team would try to make big changes of that concept... 
My opinion is that Slaughters stays like they are now, they are perfect, other basic units should have some changes beards, model of helmets, etc, but I think they will stay black colored, that is main concept. Same with look of armor upgrades on basic units.

I support this 100%. :)

I disagree with this part of idea, simply think that summon of BOTFA is better, I think better in this kind of situation. :)
Nice suggestion Adrigabbro, must say that you are very good at polishing of already suggested ideas. ;) :)
About Drar and Murin, that is for their topic. :)

CragLord is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to  :P
Hehehe. :) Walk, like your comments. :D

Agree, supporting this idea. :)

Notification for LordDainIronfoot: You should be wiser with name title of that pool! :P I presume lot of people will understand that you are suggesting model replacement for Iron Hills, instead of adding those models somehow in mod. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2015, 14:34 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #16 am: 18. Aug 2015, 14:42 »
I do not have problem with the Color of the Beard,and I like the Black Color of their Beards my problem is with their length and shape which is like the one of the Veterans/Slayers from Books,while it should be different! :)
And just do not make me start with the Gimlibor(Erebor Clone Army) I have diskussed that so many times and suggested so many ideas and Tienity did that too,to no result and thats why I didnt inlcude that in the Poll,like "Movie Designs for Erebor!?...Current Design for Erebor!?...Other Design except Gimli Clones for Erebor!? ":D :D :D That why I didn't even bother with that! :)
Thank you for which! :)
The Ram idea is Tienitys :) As for the Dain part I absoluttely agree with him!Dain should get some little buff,cuz compared to buffed Thorin and Dwalin and even Gimli he is not so tough but still great for now! :) And yes Adriggabro is good,I agree! ;)
That part is IF( and that is NEVER) the Team includes the BoFA Designs for the Ragualr Iron Hills Army! :)
Well it is for Model Replacing! :) All other is just compromise variants that are discussed and i may make Poll about that too,soon! :)
And now if BoFA Models are included as Dain LV 10 Summon it can be called the Ability "Iron Hills Elite" or "Iron Guard" or "Iron Legion" :)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2015, 14:49 von LordDainIronfoot »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #17 am: 18. Aug 2015, 15:02 »
I know, just I wanted to mention that in this situation, because models from movie are brown in hair and beard. :) Agree with that idea about beard, as I wrote in previous comment. Slaughterers should only have that kind of beard because they are THAT elite from book. For other "basic" units that is not necessary as you said, team simply exploited book description of veterans and mapped that description on whole fraction.
Hahaha, I know, really I just mentioned that without bad intentions. :) We will have new topics in future about that. :)
I understood that, just I think realization of that idea is ~0%. :P
I must say you now that I am only for some kind of integration of BOTFA models, not for replacement of current. :) Because that idea about summoning spell is something very nice, and I think we have best chances there for implementation of those models.
Yes, I like names you have suggested for that spell. Do you remember name "IRONFOOT" form movie? :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 18. Aug 2015, 16:19 »

I must say you now that I am only for some kind of integration of BOTFA models, not for replacement of current. :) Because that idea about summoning spell is something very nice, and I think we have best chances there for implementation of those models.
Yes, I like names you have suggested for that spell. Do you remember name "IRONFOOT" form movie? :)

Dáin, Crag is right  :)

I don't support the variant proposal of the summoning just because I disagree with the total replacement, but I support it because I sincerely think it could be one of the possible ways to implement that model in the game, otherwise there are almost no chances.

Sometimes, you necessarily have to find compromises (even though you like them less), for the sake of the whole concept  ;)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2015, 16:23 von DieWalküre »

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #19 am: 18. Aug 2015, 18:09 »
Personally, I like movie design for Iron Hills. but also I like the old design for Iron Hills units. :D
Old Slayers, pikemen and archers look great, I love this unit. 8-)
But Guardians of Iron Hills look ridiculous with one-handed axe without shield. Maybe they can get second axe/shield to left hand. So, Guardians will look more dangerous. ;)

Maybe we can have both designs in the mod. I think that Dain's ability on level 10 or outpost(Assembly Halls) are good place for movie Iron Hills army. 8-)

But I doubt that Edain team will remove their design for Iron Hills army.

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #20 am: 18. Aug 2015, 18:24 »
We have been  waiting you Tienety:D
I see this discussion overgrows into some of earlier topics. :)
I am also for some minor modifications of Guardians, maybe to add them two handed axes? Or of course second axe in free hand. ;)
I will say again best way for implementing those models from movie is in summoning spell. That is most fitting, simply because Lord Dain already has movie look, and his reinforcements should also, so we could have full experience from movie. :)
That ram/spearmen summon idea is something we should polish. ;)
I am also not for removing current models of units, they have been done really nice.
And of course we could have both models in game.  8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Aug 2015, 19:28 von CragLord »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #21 am: 18. Aug 2015, 18:29 »
I must say that the current Models do not fit so much in the Dwarven Style and Culture of war and arms thats all!The red Color theme is fine though! :)
I do support the idea for some minor Changes like Shield! :) But I do agree about using those Movie Models for Dains Summon and it will be even more fiting if the Assembly Halls are added,then there wont be a need for Dain to summon reinforcments from differen Kingdoms since they will be available there and he will neeed new Summon for which we have great idea! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #22 am: 21. Aug 2015, 12:51 »
Hmm, why not both? Maybe Guardians can gets two handed axes with Piercing axes update. :D
Yes, I agree. I think this is a good compromise. ;)
Ram riders are already in the mod as Murin's ability. Maybe also Murin can have Ram riders as normal temporary summon on level 10. xD
Ram riders just need movie design for riders like in picture of Murin's ability. 8-|
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Aug 2015, 12:57 von Tienety »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #23 am: 21. Aug 2015, 21:53 »
Ram riders are already in the mod as Murin's ability. Maybe also Murin can have Ram riders as normal temporary summon on level 10. xD
Ram riders just need movie design for riders like in picture of Murin's ability. 8-|
After that new update, and look of those ram rider models, I will say that I am very disappointed... I am glad they have implemented rams on first place, but simply they have done that implementation without enthusiasm. Why? Ram riders fit nicely to description of spell, but simply I see them useless, and 1 sec of duration, I couldn't see those models properly, needed to hit F12 during next cast of ability, so what is point of their integration? To satisfy few members on this part of forum? That is my honest opinion about new baby rams. :P
Yes Tienety, your idea is nice, I support it, but we should be objective, after this upgrade I don't think we have any chance for summoning part of idea.  :( Also about design. :) Also in general about dwarves and dwarven ideas...:o :D
Now comes time of the elves... ;)

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #24 am: 21. Aug 2015, 22:32 »
After that new update, and look of those ram rider models, I will say that I am very disappointed.
Me too. Ram riders only as Murin's ability for a few seconds is a joke. We need something more for them. [uglybunti]
But I have a feeling that Iron Hills/Erebor subfactions have same priority as Arnor. 8-|

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 21. Aug 2015, 22:39 »
But I have a feeling that Iron Hills/Erebor subfactions have same priority as Arnor. 8-|
Don't even dare to start with that! :D
We had some good discussion about Arnor few weeks ago, and it was pointless, I really don't need anything similar again.  xD
And what are you thinking about new skyrim/viking hybrids?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #26 am: 21. Aug 2015, 22:50 »
I agree absolutely with you guys!Those Ram Riders were supposed to be something cool and unique but we get to see them only for 1 sec if you blink you miss them and to mention their models!I am really dissapointed too,my friends! :( Talking about Arnor has been proven pointless as did with the Dwarves,too bad but a fact!I too feel like they were intagrated just as a diversion to settle a little bit few people from English Forum and we still have to notice that the idea itself came from the German Forum,but I wouldn't bother to start about that! :( And I am really feeling like we are wasting our time on all those concepts and ideas in which we put our hearts.minds and entusiasm to create and help theis Great Mod to beceom the Greatest Ever but we go unnoticed! :(
P.S. About the Viking Hybrids well while they look good as Models I personly do not see them as Middle Earth style Dwarves but that is just my opinion,while they may fit for Orocarni Dwarves or some Evil Dwarves,I still do not see them so fitting in Tolkiens Middle Earth or at least that is in my taste and opinion! :)
And I think the Poll was clear enough to what the Fans want,but still the current Iron Hills Models can be used for so many other things! :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 21. Aug 2015, 22:56 »
xD
I know how you breathe. :D
Like a dwarf!  :P
Tienety? xD
Same opinion, to nasty for Tolkien world! They are fitting into look of some evil dwarves from first age, who have been serving Morgoth. Models are really good in general.
« Letzte Änderung: 21. Aug 2015, 23:03 von CragLord »

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #28 am: 22. Aug 2015, 14:31 »

i think those designs are grate but still i think they need some visual change and on the helmets and the shields and i also think that iron heels should have crossbows

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #29 am: 22. Aug 2015, 15:01 »
i think those designs are grate but still i think they need some visual change and on the helmets and the shields and i also think that iron heels should have crossbows

I think that Adamin, and other members of the Edain Team before, have been very exhaustive and clear about this matter.
It is very unlikely that they will change or replace now, or in the near future, these designs.

That's why I sincerely think that we should convey our forces into the idea of a summoning solution, since it could be the only possible way to see the BOTFA models in the game so far  :)