29. Mär 2024, 11:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: New design for the Dwarven units  (Gelesen 61583 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Movie or different design for Iron Hills!?
« Antwort #30 am: 22. Aug 2015, 15:32 »
Well the picture that Gandalf is showing is Iron Hills Slayers and they should stay pretty much unchanged(well may be fe small changes) as they represent the Veterans of Dain from the Book,while the Regular Army should get the Movie Deisgns! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #31 am: 22. Aug 2015, 15:51 »
im not showing only the elite unit scroll down a little bit i think everyone needs a change to the helmet it looks funny like egg heads

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #32 am: 22. Aug 2015, 15:56 »
The Slayers look quite fine,even their Helmets! But the other Units I do not think a Helmet and Shield will be enough to make them more Dwarvish! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #33 am: 22. Aug 2015, 16:44 »
The Slayers look quite fine,even their Helmets! But the other Units I do not think a Helmet and Shield will be enough to make them more Dwarvish! :)
i know what you mean and i agree man you have a point the dwarfs of the iron mines have armors like those dose not look like iron heels dwarfs

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #34 am: 22. Aug 2015, 19:18 »
I am happy that so many people agree,but in reality it is a lost cause we should simply give up! It is folly! :(

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #35 am: 22. Aug 2015, 20:10 »
xD do not use boromirs quotes xD and wee dont ask something crazy i just think they need lil bit of visual rework i dont care about the movie designs i just think those armors dose not fitt in iron heel

Eowin

• Hobbit
« Antwort #36 am: 23. Aug 2015, 02:14 »
It will be more than nice to see those great designs used in the Greatest BFME II Mod ever created!I really hope that Edain Team will change their mind abou this.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #37 am: 23. Aug 2015, 19:20 »
I want to ask just of curiousity nothing more! :) I know that the Team likes a lot Movie Dain,and I am glad for it, the thing I do not understand is why they dislike the Design of his Army which looks like 98% identical to him with the excpetion of Helmet and Shield!? :) I hope someone can asnwer,I am just curious I hope I will not be missunderstood in the wrong way! :)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #38 am: 23. Aug 2015, 20:18 »
They DO like BotFA designs, they just like their own designs better. Nothing more.  ;)

"That still only counts as one!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #39 am: 23. Aug 2015, 20:24 »
Actually they said that they do not like BoFA designs! :) But lets not go there! :) I will end the discussion from my part here! :)

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #40 am: 24. Aug 2015, 12:26 »
I agree absolutely with you guys!Those Ram Riders were supposed to be something cool and unique but we get to see them only for 1 sec if you blink you miss them and to mention their models!I am really dissapointed too,my friends! :( Talking about Arnor has been proven pointless as did with the Dwarves,too bad but a fact!I too feel like they were intagrated just as a diversion to settle a little bit few people from English Forum and we still have to notice that the idea itself came from the German Forum,but I wouldn't bother to start about that! :( And I am really feeling like we are wasting our time on all those concepts and ideas in which we put our hearts.minds and entusiasm to create and help theis Great Mod to beceom the Greatest Ever but we go unnoticed! :(
P.S. About the Viking Hybrids well while they look good as Models I personly do not see them as Middle Earth style Dwarves but that is just my opinion,while they may fit for Orocarni Dwarves or some Evil Dwarves,I still do not see them so fitting in Tolkiens Middle Earth or at least that is in my taste and opinion! :)
And I think the Poll was clear enough to what the Fans want,but still the current Iron Hills Models can be used for so many other things! :)

The Edain team does not ignore English Forum.

But maybe you should think about this:

Is it really clever to post so many suggestions for every single bit of the mod/ single factions?

- more units
- different units
- current units changed in gameplay and design
- nearly every heroe changed in design, gameplay and abilities
- outpost buildings changed
- spellbook changed
- I don´t remember what else...

Maybe you should also think about this:

The current models for Iron Hills dwarves were implemented years ago (long before the first Hobbit movie) according to description in the book.
Players are used to these models and most older players as well as the team like (or even "love") those models as they are because they are "their" models, not some CGI from PJ!
Maybe you should accept that many players don´t want them changed and that the the team obviously don´t like the movie design of those dwarves.

All this does not mean that you are ignored or that you shouldn´t post any ideas.

But maybe you should focus on some ideas which are really important for you instead of shooting out hundreds of suggestions for changing nearly every bit.

I am no member of the Edain team, but I could also imagine it being annoying to release a new version of the mod (containing dwarves) and then seeing so much critics about design, heroe skills, spell book, balance... pop up in a few days.

So my suggestion:
- don´t be insulted when suggestions are not implemented
- focus on some important suggestions rather then shooting out every idea that comes to your mind
- accept that people who play this mod for so many years like some precious features which you might find "outdated"
- accept that the team also loves their pieces of work and does not want to change everything just because Peter Jackson made some movie.
- accept that the team is working on releasing the missing factions and therefore does not have so much time for too many changes in existing factions
- be patient to the day the full version of the mod will be released and the team can focus on an overhaul of a completed, stable running game!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #41 am: 24. Aug 2015, 12:54 »
First of all I am NOT the ONLY one who posts ideas and suggestions,please consider this before starting to write against me!As you can see I am not the only one nor the first to esxpress his dissagreement and dissapointment about the Ram Riders!I do not care for you personal problem with me mate!
And yes ET till yesterday have ignored quite a bit the EN Forum I know that they are busy and I respect thier efforts and time spared for us!Have you seen ME demand something or be rude to anyone!? I think not!Why are you reffering only to me while other good ideas were suggested from my friends liek Tienity and CragLord!? The fact that German Forum has more influance is clear and I it is not my problem thain German Forum there arent so many therad and especialy about Dwarves,I know that Dwarves are some of the less liked Factions!
So have a great day and greeting from LordDain! :)
Why shouldn't WE start theread about OUR ideas,this is what for is the Forum and no one is forced to like those ideas nor use them!!
PJ CGI have nothign to do with Edain Models,the use of CGI has not connection at all!
The ideas are not only mine and I am not the only one posting them!And the ideas are good,balacned and lore wise but no one has said YOU MUST USE THEM,we just want to know the Team opinion about them thats all!No one has said that their Models are bad I like them I just find the Movie Ones more attractive now thats all and no one here demanded them t obe fully changed or changed right now but rather to be implemended somehow in the future when they have the time and the rest of the factions are ready! :)
So over all before going on assault on me read and consider more propperly what you are writing and please leave your personal matter against me out this!If you do not like mine or our combined ideas you are free to express that in their respective threads with proper reason of course but just giong against me is just worng and not polite! :)

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #42 am: 24. Aug 2015, 13:07 »
hu???

Sorry if you misunderstood, but by "you" in my last post I referred to the english community, not you in personal.
I just quoted your (personal) statement because of the disappointment about being ignored as english community.

I don´t have any problem with you personally, nor with the english community. I just wanted to tell you (you personally and the english community - damn that english language does not differ like german language  ;) ) that no one is ignored in these forums.

As I wrote in my previous statement, you can post as many ideas as you want - but maybe it´s simply wiser to focus on some fewer ideas instead of blowing them out all at once.
that´s just a hint which you might ignore if you want. But everybody who knows a little about psychology would tell you that if you want something changed, you rather focus on small steps then changing everything at one time. You´ll simply have more success by focussing your efforts.
Again: you is not you personally, but the english community.

By the way: I highly doubt that dwarves are less liked faction. In fact they were most looked forward by the german comunity, and I think they are in fact one of the most liked factions...

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #43 am: 24. Aug 2015, 13:19 »
Well we have made a lot of compromise ideas for them like Dain LV 10 Summon or Units on the outpost with Movie design,Ram Summon for Murin and a lot more we never said that we want absolutely every Model changed immidiately! :) We hvae many small ideas but jsut ddin't recieve any feedback for it to know have we done anything good! :)
I know that some people like Dwarves but the main liked Faction that get the most attention al lthe time from ET is Ered Luin and Ered Luin is the most popular thats for sure! :)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: 24. Aug 2015, 13:21 »
Without any kind of disrespect, have you read any of "our" dwarven topics from start?
I mean whole topic? Simply you are just too imperative in your comment and this is not good thing.
I am first here who is not for removing current models of Iron Hills models from game, mostly people here loves CGJ models from BOTFA, and they are for some kind of their implementation in this mod(We discuss here a lot about Lore things, and we believe that implementation is best through Lord Dain summoning spell, that is very lore justifying idea).
But you would have know this, but you haven't read whole topic.
Also about ram riders, current implementation is SAD. I am not  insulted, just disappointed. Yes, this is my opinion (and I know other reasons, which I could send you to PM if you want to discuss about this matter). Have I  showed somehow  disrespect to the E.T? No lad, believe me I am not.
About that new Rams we are just realistic, we are not some zombie followers who only knows to write "great" or "epic" etc.
Most of suggestion here are important from aspect of lore, and we always have polishing process of new ideas. Other words, we are not  shooting out every idea that comes to your mind. We are always trying to be very lore accurate (there are some "spam" characters, but they are mostly ignored).
About free time of E.T. members, we are not idiots, we know about that, but simply it is  problematic that they don't give us (in most cases) any kind of feedback answer on topic, that is not situation on german part of forum.

« Letzte Änderung: 24. Aug 2015, 14:24 von CragLord »