28. Mär 2024, 19:26 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

How should Tauriel be implemented?

As recruitable permanent hero
55 (45.5%)
As summoned hero, already shown in RuudDevils Gameplay video
66 (54.5%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 115

Autor Thema: Poll: Tauriel in Edain Patch 4.2  (Gelesen 17994 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Poll: Tauriel in Edain Patch 4.2
« am: 8. Okt 2015, 11:54 »
Greetings Companions of Edain!

There were some discussion on the integration of Tauriel in the faction Lothlorien/Mirkwood. So we want to start this poll to get an overview of your opinions.
Please post the reasons for your decision.
The reason for Tauriels current involvement is quite simple: Each role in Lothlorien/Mirkwood is already well occupied with an appropriate hero. With Tauriel, the faction would have the most heroes in Edain, but we want to strike a balance between the number of heroes.
Nevertheless we are open to your suggestions!

We look forward to your comments!
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Okt 2015, 11:59 von Ealendril »

denny31x

• Bilbos Festgast
Re: Poll: Tauriel in Edain Patch 4.2
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Okt 2015, 12:01 »
change to permanent hero+more work= more waiting   xD

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Okt 2015, 12:10 »
Well so far the "summon" team is winning decisively  [ugly]

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Okt 2015, 12:14 »
The summoning option is definitely the wisest and most suitable solution for Tauriel, a smart way to include her temporarily in the game  :)

Tauriel as a permanent hero would be a bit redundant and problematic, I guess, due to a possible conflict of roles in the faction.

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #4 am: 8. Okt 2015, 12:15 »
i think tauriel as a summon would fit perfectly, as you already said the elves got already many heroes that filled there roles, if tauriel will be a permenant hero she will be just a useless copy from another hero that isnt worthy of recruiting, legolas is an a mass slayer with a hero killer aspect, so she absolutely cant have his role, the only thing left for her is to be a scout hero, but haldri's brothers, rumil and orophin already got that role, and one is them is archer and the other is swordman, wich is more than good, i guess they can take out mostly any other scout hero easily, so tauriel now cant be integrated as a permanent hero, but many fans like hero, so the perfect solution is that summon spell, also i dont know if her archers are resistant to trample, because if they arent, they can easily be killed by a cavalry battalion, and thus that summon power will be easily countered and mostly useless, so i think tauriel must remain as a temporarly summon, but that she and her archers must be resistant to cavalry ( only to cavalry trample so they won't die easily ) other than that i think it is perfect, and i want to tell you that you have done a really good job on the elves ,very good guys ! and thank you for creating this wonderful mod
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #5 am: 8. Okt 2015, 12:16 »
I think she should stay as a Summon! :)

There are many reasons for that I am think the Team saw them! :)
One of them is that she is not a canon Hero from the Books and I do not think her had such big or important role anyway to deserve a full fledged Hero place!! Plus she will not be so unique and will not have such a distinguished role by herself as a permanent hero! :)
A Summon with some Guards is perfect for her as Captain of the Guard and with her Movie role as an kinda outlaw opposition to Thranduil! :)

So for me she should be a Summon  Hero! :)
Greetings! :)
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Okt 2015, 12:25 von hoho96 »
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

makis89

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #6 am: 8. Okt 2015, 12:33 »
In my opinion  Τauriel   is better to remain as temporary hero as in Rudedevil's video..i would prefer to increase the time that remains in game if that is possible..On the other hand if she becomes permanent lothlorien will become OP
"...for all living things were her food,
and her vomit darkness."

ThranduiltheElvenKing

• Hobbit
  • "The other lands are not my concern"
« Antwort #7 am: 8. Okt 2015, 13:01 »
100% recruitable. There are a few Mirkwood buildings, heroes, units.

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #8 am: 8. Okt 2015, 13:20 »
^^I totally agree with you, ThranduiltheElvenKing - Tauriel was one of my favorite PJ characters in the Hobbit movies, I don't really understand the whole hate for her (except the love triangle); and I would really like her as a recruitable hero.
It seems though, that we would need a miracle for this to happen, seeing the results of the poll so far  :(.

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #9 am: 8. Okt 2015, 14:12 »
I completely agree with Thorins' opinion, and I have another one reason, which has a more technical reason. In the War of the Ring you don't have Camps/Castles, therefore you can't recruit Scouts. Since in WOR there are outposts and settlements only, and Lorien's outpost is occupied by the Mirkwood fortress, adding Tauriel as another scout would be a nice solution. Other than that, she can be a useful sidekick to Legolas (let's face it, even if he's a mass slayer, if surrounded by enemies and out of skills he could easily die, since he doesn't have the destructive powers of other mass slayers, such as Gandalf, Saruman and Smaug. Tauriel can instead permanently switch weapons and summon some units to support them). These are my reasons for adding Tauriel as a permanent hero, especially because we players already have enough experience with an already existing faction with a lot of heroes. It's a faction whose banner is a red eye  8-|

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #10 am: 8. Okt 2015, 14:16 »
I think she should be a summon, but I also believe that if she is to be a summon, she should be able to switch between melee and bow, to give the user more flexibility in how they want to use her in the summon.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #11 am: 8. Okt 2015, 14:22 »
100% recruitable. There are a few Mirkwood buildings, heroes, units.

Mirkwood is in fact a SUBFACTION, not an actual independent faction.
Furthermore, its power and role in the 'geopolitics' of the War of the Ring are definitely inferior to Lothlórien's ones.

^^I totally agree with you, ThranduiltheElvenKing - Tauriel was one of my favorite PJ characters in the Hobbit movies, I don't really understand the whole hate for her (except the love triangle); and I would really like her as a recruitable hero.
It seems though, that we would need a miracle for this to happen, seeing the results of the poll so far  :(.

I've always liked Tauriel from the beginning as a character of the Hobbit trilogy, and I still do.
But, we should consider primarily the whole faction in general, and what would mean adding another hero for a subfaction.
The faction is called Lothlórien not without a reason, and this realm is the pivotal theme of everything  :)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #12 am: 8. Okt 2015, 15:05 »
These are my reasons for adding Tauriel as a permanent hero, especially because we players already have enough experience with an already existing faction with a lot of heroes. It's a faction whose banner is a red eye  8-|
You just can't compete with the black-clothed heroes of Middle-Earth  [uglybunti]

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #13 am: 8. Okt 2015, 15:30 »
I have no problem with Tauriel in spellbook.
But maybe Tauriel can be new scout for Lorien. I really don't like Rumil and Orophin as scouts. They are just two Galadhrim with names, nothing more.  [ugly]
Tauriel, Frodo or Sam can be more interesting scouts. 8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Okt 2015, 15:38 von Tienety »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #14 am: 8. Okt 2015, 15:34 »
But maybe Tauriel can be new scout for Lorien. I really don't like Rumil and Orophin as scouts. They are just two Galadhrim with names, nothing more.  [ugly]
Agree on that^^

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #15 am: 8. Okt 2015, 15:40 »
i have no problem with Tauriel in spellbook.
Without a vote on the subject (and the poll) itself:
Personally, i dont agree on that. Orophin and Rumil have an interesting and unique system and they fit into the faction Lothlorien. Tauriel has absolutly nothing to do with Lorien, so it wouldnt fit if you can recruit her in the Lothlorien-Citadel.
Keep in mind, that Rumil and Orophin are canon and Tauriel is an invention of Peter Jackson.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Okt 2015, 23:28 von Ealendril »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 8. Okt 2015, 16:40 »
+1 for Summoned option

Most of reasons are already mentioned, so I will try not to repeat some else.  :D
I think that this kind of implementation represents true balance between lore and movie presentation. It shouldn't be permanent because she didn't exist in Mirkwood in time of War of the Ring or Hobbit. In other hand, there is lot of people who finds her really lovely, and her movie role. So this implementation presents her in Captain's role in very nice way, and temporary duration is price which must be paid because Lore reasons. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #17 am: 8. Okt 2015, 17:08 »
First of all congrats to CragLord for his new position!Good luck my friend and have fun testing and helping the Team! :)

Now on the object at hand,I must say I agree with Ea,Tauriel is not suited to be Loriens(not Mirkwood) Scout since she basically has nothign to do with Lorien in any way and al lthat is further backed up by the fact that she is non canon while Rumil and Orophin are and fit perfectly in their Role as Scouts sicne they were kinda border Guards too! :)

Tauriel should stay a Summon with her Patrol Units but may be for some Longer time and really get Weapon Switch not by Skill like Legolas! :)

I really think she is not so needed as Pemament Hero thats allmbut that has nothoing to do with me hating her or something like thatm,I actualyl like her quite a lot I like her even more than Arwen I only disliked that she had too big Role in the Movie and the whole Love Triangle idea that was forced on PJ by WB so thatteenage girls can freak out from pleasute in wacthing it XD XD  [uglybunti] [uglybunti] [uglybunti]
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThranduiltheElvenKing

• Hobbit
  • "The other lands are not my concern"
« Antwort #18 am: 8. Okt 2015, 18:00 »
Furthermore, its power and role in the 'geopolitics' of the War of the Ring are definitely inferior to Lothlórien's ones.

Man, therefore ... there would be great an idea to make Mirkwood as own faction. Lorien and Mirkwood are two different realms

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 8. Okt 2015, 18:19 »

Man, therefore ... there would be great an idea to make Mirkwood as own faction. Lorien and Mirkwood are two different realms

They are indeed two different and isolated realms in the War of the Ring.
But, we are still talking about the same Elven Kin, mainly Sindar, Nandor and Avari (Galadriel is the only exception).
Both the Lords of Lothlórien and Mirkwood (Celeborn and Thranduil) have their background in the Sindarin Royal Court of Doriath in Beleriand, during the War of the Jewels and before.

Given these elements, it won't nonetheless be possible to have a new Elven faction just for Mirkwood, due to the very Edain Mod's mechanics and structure (number of heroes, structures, spell...).
Not even the Humans have more than three factions, for now; why should the Elves, who are diminishing and leaving the World in the Late Third Age, be represented with another third faction?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #20 am: 8. Okt 2015, 18:27 »
I for one am a big fan of Mirkwood in fact it is my only favourite Elven Kingdom in Middle Earth and will be more than happy to see it as independent Realm,BUT here comes the big but,you see Mirkwood was never very active in World affairs in Third Age and plus they kinda share territories with Lorien so it kinda feels natural one of the Both to be Sub-Faction!
Another reason is that there is a limit to the number of Factions possible in Game and there are some unexplored Kingdoms that may find their.way in the future plans of Edain Team for two ne Factions so thats why Mirkwood can't get separated!It is Similar with Dale and Erebor and Lake Town and Ered Luin,iff we get independent Mirkwood then why not independent Dale and Lake Town too!? :-)
I hope you see and understand my point!And Walkure stated even more reasonable than mine points which you should take into consideration!
Best regards and greetings :-)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #21 am: 8. Okt 2015, 19:56 »
You just can't compete with the black-clothed heroes of Middle-Earth  [uglybunti]
That's the point. If we've got used to Mordor's freaking awesome and powerful heroes, I think we can stand against a redhead elf-chick

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #22 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:03 »
The summon is much better, but could you make a permanent version of her in Worldbuilder ? For special map.

The same for all summoned heroes (Radagast, Ered Luin Gandalf, etc)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #23 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:05 »
You can make them easily without a timer by adding a small map.ini for your map.^^
That's done within 1-2 minutes. :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #24 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:32 »
Yes right, but I saw you already did that yourself with some other heroes ^^

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 9. Okt 2015, 08:36 »
Without a vote on the subject (and the poll) itself:
Personally, i dont agree on that. Orophin and Rumil have an interesting and unique system and they fit into the faction Lothlorien. Tauriel has absolutly nothing to do with Lorien, so it wouldnt fit if you can recruit her in the Lothlorien-Citadel.
Keep in mind, that Rumil and Orophin are canon and Tauriel is an invention of Peter Jackson.
Yes, you have right. I just don't like these two small characters and their system. xD
This is just my different tastes, nothing more. :D

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #26 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:09 »
By the way, I must say that Aron1488 has a point here:
Zitat
Who dont like Tauriel he has the possibility to dont recruit her. But who like her he has the possibility to play with her for half min
Maybe it's not an actual reason, but I think that adding her as permanent wouldn't affect so much the gameplay, mainly because she doesn't have a real defined role and can be more a pleasure for fans who like her and think she can be slightly useful, while, as Aron said, those who don't like her or find her useless can still opt to not recruit her at all. (Looking at the thing from a different point of view, each faction offers to the player a lot of possibilities. However, each player has his preferences and flavours, and usually don't make usage of anything he can dispose of. For example, I don't ever use Orc Overseers with Mordor, but I'm quite sure there are a lot of Edainers who use them and like them. The same concept may be applied to Tauriel^^)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:13 »
Edains concepts are based on the fact that everything has its meaning and finds a place in the gameplay. To say: ,,If you dont want to build here, then leave it.", is absolutly antithetical to our main intentions.

Zitat
By the way, I must say that Aron1488 has a point here:
Zitat
costanzofan 52mins 42secs ago replied:
UNFAIR
My comment to this on moddb (2 minutes ago):
Zitat
This poll is the exact opposite of unfair - it is democratically. ;)

ringbearer

« Antwort #28 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:49 »
Guys, what about a small submod which will add tauriel?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #29 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:55 »
A Sub-Mod for a Single Hero!? I just do not think it isworth the effort but for someone who wants her really bad he can try and do it I guess and ti wouldn't be so much work at least I think so! :)
But as some people already stated here and on ModDB she may be Permament Hero on some Maps only ! :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #30 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:58 »
I've also said a couple of things concerning such arguments in the past.^^

I will point out some of them now, as they are also important for this. I know that it's quite a lot, but perhaps some of you will read it. :P
Note please that I don't say that there are no reasons agains her being only a summon, I just want to give you some things to think about. I've read a lot of reasons in this topic in favor or against her being a summon, but I think that some important considerations are missing or are only mentioned in a side note. Ealendril also pointed out some of them, I just want to get a bit more in depth about them.^^

Tl;dr:
A summon has following advantages:
 - easier to balance
 - fits better to her role in the movies
 - faction is more straight forwared, therefore easier for new fans to play
 - more heroes can be played more often, even when a game doesn't take 50+ minutes.
 - summoned heroes always have a special attraction, even when the abilities are more standard

Therefore it's not just the question if she'll be added or not because she's a movie character, but there is much more behind it.

Of course you can always make a submod, but usually submods are not made by the team. If you want to make such a submod for yourself: Just do it!^^

Edit:
Please note that this doesn't mean that we won't integrate her at any cost or that the team is completely against the idea. These are just some more considerations you should think about. It also doesn't mean that there are no reasons in favor of a a normal recruitment. :)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Okt 2015, 14:03 von Gnomi »

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #31 am: 9. Okt 2015, 17:49 »
Honestly, I must say you have really good reasons (I agree on most of them) and I like the fact you seem to be one of the few who knows Lurtz is also invented by PJ (but no one ever complains about him. They just hate Tauriel with no reason). Even though I'd still prefer to have her permanent, I realize that having her as a summon is the best choice. Maybe a little compromise to make everyone happy could be rising the time the summon remains on the battlefield, and granting her the ability to switch weapons permanently, and not temporary through skill. But I'm certainly sure you'll make the best choice about it :)

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #32 am: 9. Okt 2015, 18:01 »
Zitat
But I'm certainly sure you'll make the best choice about it :)

Hopefully... :D We can never be completely sure if our integration is the best or perhaps really bad.^^
I also doesn't hate Tauriel (and afaik most of the team agree on that). Tauriel for herself is a really great character and was a great counterpart to Thranduil. I just dislike the love story. She could have been a great character like Lurtz, but even then I think that a summon would fit better.^^ But in the end it's also a personal preference how much weight you put on which argument. :)

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #33 am: 9. Okt 2015, 18:08 »
Yeah, I'd also like Tauriel as a permanent hero and being able to switch weapons permanently, as for me it would be more fun to play her and Mirkwood this way. But it's your mod, and the decision is yours.

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

aminetude

« Antwort #34 am: 10. Okt 2015, 13:42 »
hi i already wrote this as suggestion, but i was told i should discuss it here in the voting poll, so here it is :

many people want tauriel as summon, and many others want her as recruitable, i myself liked her a lot, i even liked the love trianlge ( it didnt disturb me at all ), but i tought she should remain a summon for many reasons ( that i already stated in the voting poll page 1 ), anyway i frankly didnt mention another important reason, that i want the edain 4.2 patch as early as i can, and as she is now already a summon it wouldnt delay the release whilst changing her to recruitable may take more time, but now i realised that time doesnt matter, edain team are going yo give us a perfect mod, and i will wait for it all the way.
now back to my suggestion, i know tauriel wondered beyond the realm of mirkwood, disobeying thranduil, but she got a friendly relation with legolas, so i think, that maybe legolas can summon her, just as thorin summons kili and fili, and that way the people that dont like her just dont have to use legolas ability summon, whilst those who like her can get her an a non-direct hero ( but she will be permenant summon )
but in order for legolas to summon her, we must remove one of his abilities, and i remembered legolas is going to be a mass slayer, and the only less useless ability he got, is his farsight ( at level 5),  i know some may want to know the position of the enemy, but i remembered galadriel already got sight of the seer ( at level 5 too, wich reveals a permenant area of the map ), so the farsight can be replaced by tauriel summon, wich is summoned at his level to aid him.
but wait even if the edain team made this summon ability for legolas, now that ring power ( wich was summon tauriel and the border guards) must be replaced too, so i tought about the aid from rivendell, a summon with arwen and 2 dunedain rangers, it would very lore perfect that arwen comes to help her grandmother ( galadriel ) with some few dunedain rangers ( or some imladris units )
this way i think it would be good for all the fans, because always some will like her a summon whilst other won't and they will never be happy, i think this is the solution for it, if you dont want tauriel dont use legolas' ability, if you do you can get her as permenant after recruiting legolas :)
now this was just a suggestion, if you dislike it i will understand  ;)

ThorinIIoakenshield

• Bilbos Festgast
« Antwort #35 am: 10. Okt 2015, 14:32 »
Or perhaps,you can uese elven gifts to make her permanent

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #36 am: 10. Okt 2015, 14:38 »
Ealendril commented that already:
This would lead to you haveing Tauriel non-stop. She dies? Just summon her again without any downtime for free without loosing anything!

So we have already declined that.

aminetude

« Antwort #37 am: 10. Okt 2015, 14:45 »
Or perhaps,you can uese elven gifts to make her permanent
yes it would be good, but as ealendril said, it wont be faire, since she can be summoned again just after being killed, but the suggestion i talked about earlier may be practical, but actually i have no problem with her to be a summon or recruitable, i dont even know why people are fighting about her ? i mean she isnt like a main hero like galadriel & celeborn or thranduil wish absence will be very unpleasant. but anyway i already made a suggestion, and probably someone in the distant future may make a hero submod and integrate it, but i really have no problem with tauriel as summon or permenant, i would be happy just to her in game, you must know that the fans of iron hills were even more sad than us about the iron hills units from movie, but they accepted it in the end, so i just advice the people to accept edain team's choice, after all they are the one that knows game balance most :)

cate.lihane@gmail.com

• Hobbit
« Antwort #38 am: 11. Okt 2015, 00:34 »
I love Peter Jackson movies . Thanks to him I learned about Tolkien books and  read these books. I know that Jacksons Innovations in films are not canonical, but Tauriel has become one of my favorite characters. I've been playing for 5 years in your mod, and all of your ideas a masterpiece, but only a temporary solution of Tauriel... I was disappointed.
I know that the team Edain is working on balance of the mod. I know that there are a lot of haters of Tauriel. But she is also has a lot of fans and not all of them know about this forum.
It's a shame when there are no one of the principal characters of the trilogy like Tauriel, and Rúmil and Orofin, which appeared on 1 second in the movie, are there in the mod.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #39 am: 11. Okt 2015, 01:39 »

It wouldn't be really fair reducing everything to a matter of fans against haters of Tauriel.

I personally like indeed Tauriel as a character, but, if we actually consider the balance and the structure of the whole Lothlórien/Mirkwood faction, we will find that a permanent implementation of her might cause serious issues concerning heroes' roles, effective usefulness and lore accuracy.

Gnomi

• Administrator
« Antwort #40 am: 11. Okt 2015, 09:38 »
@ cate.lihane@gmail.com:
Just read what i've written a few comments above:
http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31867.msg413553.html#msg413553

As Walküre said it's not "haters vs lovers of Tauriel".
I've also heard from many people who liked Tauriel, but (!) they think that a summon fits better to her.

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #41 am: 11. Okt 2015, 12:09 »
Just thought to a nice implementation of Tauriel, which could then be a mix between the temporary and the permanent summon. What if she can be recruited with a special skill for Legolas? (which would replace his "farsight" skill. Why that one? Because Lorien already has a farsight skill through Galadriel, and making another one would be repetitive and OP)

So this is my idea. Legolas can summon Tauriel at level 5, but she wouldn't be a normal hero. She would be a "slave" hero (similar to Wormtongue with Corrupted Theoden), which attacks enemies with her bow and, when Legolas uses his daggers, she will use them too. If Legolas dies, then Tauriel can be used normally, but to revive Legolas she has to die, too (this is a similar system the team would use for the new likely Erebor scout: http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31881.0.html)
Therefore, when Legolas dies, Tauriel can take on his role (mass slayer with hero killer aspects) but of course to a lesser degree (lower values and overall damage of her skills). This way her role wouldn't be repetitive and she could be recruited in an appropriate way (through Legolas, because, as aminetude mentioned, she was a very close friend with Legolas. So I think it's more appropriate to recruit her through him, rather than with a spell, which can be used even if Legolas isn't on the battlefield yet, thus giving Tauriel an unlikely connection to Lorien)

Concerning the spellbook summon, it can remain unchanged (it would summon some Mirkwood Guards nonetheless), or it may be replaced by some healing spell. What do you think about it?
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Okt 2015, 12:19 von DrHouse93 »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #42 am: 11. Okt 2015, 13:53 »
If the Team really uses that System for Erebor Scout I just do not think they will agree to use simillar one with any other Hero,because they like unique things and if more than one Hero has it,well it no longer be unique at least thats what I think! :)

I really think Tauriel is fine as a Summon but with little more Time and Weapon Toggle(not a skill) and few more Abilities! :)

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #43 am: 11. Okt 2015, 14:28 »

As Dáin already wrote above, a similar system to the one of the possible new Erebor's Scout Hero wouldn't be unique anymore.
Also, despite this important issue, I honestly don't like this kind of implementation of Tauriel at all, for more than one reason.

1. Legolas, both in his previous life and in the War of the Ring, has always been a very 'independent' hero and 'complete' on his own, with iconic abilities and a strong characterisation as a free and quite 'untamed' nature-type hero; someone that (as we saw in LOTR and the Hobbit) could easily fight in Mirkwood, Rohan and Gondor without a radical change or modification of its nature or general style.
And this is well reflected in the BFME games, where Legolas has abilities primarily focused on himself only.
It thus wouldn't be appropriate, I think, making a comparison or analogy (even the slightest) with a definitely not independent hero like Cursed Théoden, or Dwarves that are part of a Company and necessarily bound to each other.

2. Before being a friend/beloved one of Legolas, Tauriel is the Chief of the border Guards of Mirkwood, and this aspect should rightly be the priority in a military-based game, with her fighting alongside her soldiers.

3. The free spirit of Tauriel is very well shown in the current summoning spell, as she can appear from nowhere (let's say that she unexpectedly appears from the dark Woods of her Realm) with her Guards.

4. Via the current implementation, we have the possibility of hearing the evocative and iconic sound of the Horn of Mirkwood, which rightly marks the difference between Mirkwood itself and Lothlórien.
Also, I am very fond of this particular sound for a couple of other reasons...  :P

5. Finally, I strongly believe that there could and should be other possible smart and unique ways of implementing a hero, and not necessarily including everyone as a permanent hero than can be recruited anytime and anywhere in your Castle or Ourpost.
And, in this case, the summoning option has definitely proven to be the most suitable one, I guess, instead of your quite complicated Life-Death boundary to Legolas.

Saluti  :)
« Letzte Änderung: 11. Okt 2015, 14:57 von DieWalküre »

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #44 am: 11. Okt 2015, 18:34 »
The poll has now been closed after a known Moddb user created around 16 accounts in order to influence the result in his desired direction (Tauriel as permanent). The current result is:
Tauriel as permanent (45.5%)
Tauriel as summoned (54.5%)

We do not know how much the result was influenced, but it was definitely influenced toward "Tauriel as permanent". We accept the result as it is and want to thank all users who voted and discussed in this thread.
The result shows that we are right with our concept and Tauriel remains as summoned in the spellbook.

It was a very interesting experience for us and we will certainly launch similar polls someday again. But in the ende it is very frustrating that some people can't accept that other people have a different opinion then them and influence such polls according to theyre wishes.

Saruman_the_wise

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #45 am: 11. Okt 2015, 19:36 »
Tauriel as a summon is exactly how it should be.

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #46 am: 11. Okt 2015, 19:50 »
Excellent. Do not let this deter you for the future ET, your polls are extremely useful for us as well. They help us to see how the community goes about issues and it stimulates activity in general.
“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #47 am: 11. Okt 2015, 21:47 »
I think that all the possible reasons and ideas about this matter have already been exposed (and other personal discussions can be easily managed via PMs).
And, most importantly, after what happened, it's quite clear and understandable what the final result of the poll is (and what the Majority of the English Edain Community thinks).

I, then, will close this topic.
If you want it to be reopened, just contact me or other Moderators, and we will take into consideration your proposals.

--- Locked ---