29. Mär 2024, 06:12 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Umfrage

How should Tauriel be implemented?

As recruitable permanent hero
55 (45.5%)
As summoned hero, already shown in RuudDevils Gameplay video
66 (54.5%)

Stimmen insgesamt: 115

Autor Thema: Poll: Tauriel in Edain Patch 4.2  (Gelesen 18000 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Re: Poll: Tauriel in Edain Patch 4.2
« Antwort #15 am: 8. Okt 2015, 15:40 »
i have no problem with Tauriel in spellbook.
But maybe Tauriel can be new scout for Lorien. I really don't like Rumil and Orophin as scouts. They are just two Galadhrim with names, nothing more.  [ugly]
Tauriel, Frodo or Sam can be more interesting scouts. 8-)
Without a vote on the subject (and the poll) itself:
Personally, i dont agree on that. Orophin and Rumil have an interesting and unique system and they fit into the faction Lothlorien. Tauriel has absolutly nothing to do with Lorien, so it wouldnt fit if you can recruit her in the Lothlorien-Citadel.
Keep in mind, that Rumil and Orophin are canon and Tauriel is an invention of Peter Jackson.
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Okt 2015, 23:28 von Ealendril »

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #16 am: 8. Okt 2015, 16:40 »
+1 for Summoned option

Most of reasons are already mentioned, so I will try not to repeat some else.  :D
I think that this kind of implementation represents true balance between lore and movie presentation. It shouldn't be permanent because she didn't exist in Mirkwood in time of War of the Ring or Hobbit. In other hand, there is lot of people who finds her really lovely, and her movie role. So this implementation presents her in Captain's role in very nice way, and temporary duration is price which must be paid because Lore reasons. :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #17 am: 8. Okt 2015, 17:08 »
First of all congrats to CragLord for his new position!Good luck my friend and have fun testing and helping the Team! :)

Now on the object at hand,I must say I agree with Ea,Tauriel is not suited to be Loriens(not Mirkwood) Scout since she basically has nothign to do with Lorien in any way and al lthat is further backed up by the fact that she is non canon while Rumil and Orophin are and fit perfectly in their Role as Scouts sicne they were kinda border Guards too! :)

Tauriel should stay a Summon with her Patrol Units but may be for some Longer time and really get Weapon Switch not by Skill like Legolas! :)

I really think she is not so needed as Pemament Hero thats allmbut that has nothoing to do with me hating her or something like thatm,I actualyl like her quite a lot I like her even more than Arwen I only disliked that she had too big Role in the Movie and the whole Love Triangle idea that was forced on PJ by WB so thatteenage girls can freak out from pleasute in wacthing it XD XD  [uglybunti] [uglybunti] [uglybunti]
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThranduiltheElvenKing

• Hobbit
  • "The other lands are not my concern"
« Antwort #18 am: 8. Okt 2015, 18:00 »
Mirkwood is in fact a SUBFACTION, not an actual independent faction.
Furthermore, its power and role in the 'geopolitics' of the War of the Ring are definitely inferior to Lothlórien's ones.

Man, therefore ... there would be great an idea to make Mirkwood as own faction. Lorien and Mirkwood are two different realms

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #19 am: 8. Okt 2015, 18:19 »
Mirkwood is in fact a SUBFACTION, not an actual independent faction.
Furthermore, its power and role in the 'geopolitics' of the War of the Ring are definitely inferior to Lothlórien's ones.

Man, therefore ... there would be great an idea to make Mirkwood as own faction. Lorien and Mirkwood are two different realms

They are indeed two different and isolated realms in the War of the Ring.
But, we are still talking about the same Elven Kin, mainly Sindar, Nandor and Avari (Galadriel is the only exception).
Both the Lords of Lothlórien and Mirkwood (Celeborn and Thranduil) have their background in the Sindarin Royal Court of Doriath in Beleriand, during the War of the Jewels and before.

Given these elements, it won't nonetheless be possible to have a new Elven faction just for Mirkwood, due to the very Edain Mod's mechanics and structure (number of heroes, structures, spell...).
Not even the Humans have more than three factions, for now; why should the Elves, who are diminishing and leaving the World in the Late Third Age, be represented with another third faction?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #20 am: 8. Okt 2015, 18:27 »
I for one am a big fan of Mirkwood in fact it is my only favourite Elven Kingdom in Middle Earth and will be more than happy to see it as independent Realm,BUT here comes the big but,you see Mirkwood was never very active in World affairs in Third Age and plus they kinda share territories with Lorien so it kinda feels natural one of the Both to be Sub-Faction!
Another reason is that there is a limit to the number of Factions possible in Game and there are some unexplored Kingdoms that may find their.way in the future plans of Edain Team for two ne Factions so thats why Mirkwood can't get separated!It is Similar with Dale and Erebor and Lake Town and Ered Luin,iff we get independent Mirkwood then why not independent Dale and Lake Town too!? :-)
I hope you see and understand my point!And Walkure stated even more reasonable than mine points which you should take into consideration!
Best regards and greetings :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #21 am: 8. Okt 2015, 19:56 »
You just can't compete with the black-clothed heroes of Middle-Earth  [uglybunti]
That's the point. If we've got used to Mordor's freaking awesome and powerful heroes, I think we can stand against a redhead elf-chick

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #22 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:03 »
The summon is much better, but could you make a permanent version of her in Worldbuilder ? For special map.

The same for all summoned heroes (Radagast, Ered Luin Gandalf, etc)

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #23 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:05 »
You can make them easily without a timer by adding a small map.ini for your map.^^
That's done within 1-2 minutes. :)

H4lbarad

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #24 am: 8. Okt 2015, 23:32 »
Yes right, but I saw you already did that yourself with some other heroes ^^

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #25 am: 9. Okt 2015, 08:36 »
Without a vote on the subject (and the poll) itself:
Personally, i dont agree on that. Orophin and Rumil have an interesting and unique system and they fit into the faction Lothlorien. Tauriel has absolutly nothing to do with Lorien, so it wouldnt fit if you can recruit her in the Lothlorien-Citadel.
Keep in mind, that Rumil and Orophin are canon and Tauriel is an invention of Peter Jackson.
Yes, you have right. I just don't like these two small characters and their system. xD
This is just my different tastes, nothing more. :D

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #26 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:09 »
By the way, I must say that Aron1488 has a point here:
Zitat
Who dont like Tauriel he has the possibility to dont recruit her. But who like her he has the possibility to play with her for half min
Maybe it's not an actual reason, but I think that adding her as permanent wouldn't affect so much the gameplay, mainly because she doesn't have a real defined role and can be more a pleasure for fans who like her and think she can be slightly useful, while, as Aron said, those who don't like her or find her useless can still opt to not recruit her at all. (Looking at the thing from a different point of view, each faction offers to the player a lot of possibilities. However, each player has his preferences and flavours, and usually don't make usage of anything he can dispose of. For example, I don't ever use Orc Overseers with Mordor, but I'm quite sure there are a lot of Edainers who use them and like them. The same concept may be applied to Tauriel^^)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #27 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:13 »
Edains concepts are based on the fact that everything has its meaning and finds a place in the gameplay. To say: ,,If you dont want to build here, then leave it.", is absolutly antithetical to our main intentions.

Zitat
By the way, I must say that Aron1488 has a point here:
Zitat
costanzofan 52mins 42secs ago replied:
UNFAIR
My comment to this on moddb (2 minutes ago):
Zitat
This poll is the exact opposite of unfair - it is democratically. ;)

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #28 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:49 »
Guys, what about a small submod which will add tauriel?

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #29 am: 9. Okt 2015, 13:55 »
A Sub-Mod for a Single Hero!? I just do not think it isworth the effort but for someone who wants her really bad he can try and do it I guess and ti wouldn't be so much work at least I think so! :)
But as some people already stated here and on ModDB she may be Permament Hero on some Maps only ! :)