28. Mär 2024, 11:35 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Road to Edain Patch 4.2 - Ered Mithrin: your feedback  (Gelesen 8418 mal)

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
Let us know what you are think about the new dwarves from the grey mountains!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: The Road to Edain Patch 4.2 - Ered Mithrin: your feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 8. Okt 2015, 17:02 »
Hello to all! :)

First of all I want to say that I am realyl surpires by this new Addition to the Iron Hills and it is a really pleasent surprise indeed! :)

I am glad thatthe Team took uner consideration one of our best ideas and most popular Threads on MU and used in some way,to me it means really a lot and want to thank Ealenril and his Team about this sign of respect adn interest in English Community! :)

Now for the feedback about this update! :)
I wanted to ask is there any chance of Orocarni pressence in anyway possivble!?just out of curiosity! :)

So while I can say the Shield of the Units are awesome with sch great detail,they are masterpieces indeed,but I must say they do not seem to be coneptual correct for me at least!What I mean is that they have Dragon Symbol on them,while the Symbol of a Shield is supposed to be the Crest of the Kingdom or the Crest of the House of the Leader,or basically something connected with the representation of a Faction or Sub-Faction while the Dragon is clearly the most bitter Enemy of those Dwarves not something they would proudly wear as an isignia on their Shields! :)
So I would suggest the use ofthe this Shield but with more Grey Colors thant Brown as it is there! :)

Now the use of the Purple Color is nice I like how it intereacts with Iron Hills and how sets Ered Mithrin apart from the other 3 Dwarven Kigndoms! :)
But I must say the Units themselves doesnt strike as heavily armored as they need to be for a MOnster Fighters and even more for warriors fighting Drakes/Dragons!I think they deserves a little bit more Heavy Armor,because the way they seem to is that Gondor Soldiers have more Heavy Armor than the Dwarves!?
But I must say over all I love the look of those Dwarves based on the Old Veterans(I alwasy thought they were perfect to represnt Ered Mithrin) and they look really cool in terms of Detail! :)

Also I do not see so Dwarvish and Fitting the Weapon Morning Star,it just doesnt seem right to my understandings of Dwarven Armament but then again this is only my personal preferences so I hope no one will missunderstand me! :)

Now the thing that bothers me the most is that Iron Hills will be a Hero short,while I like the Great Catapult idea ,I do not see it apropriate for the Dwarves no matter how expirienced Veterans are they to act as Group or Organisation/Colony without a Leader or maintain Order without One!!It just doesnt fill Logical to me! :)
And plus it will leave Iron Hills really at dissadvantage to most factions who has so many Heroes and even Ered Luin which hase more(in a way) and they all get good boosts!!!
I really think there should be somehow of a Hero may be without Unit Support Abilities but Rather Anti-Monster Abilities only for himself but I deffinetly thing they Should have one! :)

The Building itself looks really nice,representign Unique feeling from Ered Mithrin,but it kinda doesnt looks as abig enough to be an Outpost,it is more like Camp similar to Rohan but without the Captains! :)

I really love the Spear Throwers and over all al lthe Abilities of the Units,they are fitting for their roles as Monster Fighters and represent it very well as well as their Status as Veterans in what they do! :)

But over all I really like the idea of Ered Mithrin,it will absolutely make Iron Hills more interesting and unique comapred to Erebor and Ered Luin and even more Dwarvish! :) I am glad that the Team deiced to make them and make them in that awesome looking way!So in the end I want to just say awesome work Edain Team and I am more than happy to see this in the Mod in future,all you have to do is just continue the great work as always and it will payback to you without a doubt! :)

Greetings from the lonely Lord of the Iron Hills! :)

"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

Sir_Stig

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #2 am: 8. Okt 2015, 17:15 »
I think all the concepts look awesome, although I will have to see for myself about whether a global catapult is more/less effective than a hero.

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #3 am: 8. Okt 2015, 19:32 »
I like very much the whole thing, and I'm personnaly glad you didn't create another non canon hero just to fill the hole. What will now be interesting is to watch after the balance between the three dwarven factions and, if necessary, to strenghten Iron Hills units to make up for the hero.

"That still only counts as one!"

Tienety

• Gast
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Okt 2015, 08:28 »
Awesome! I love new Ered Mithrin outpost, units and building. I am glad that you are used part of Outpost idea from english community. 8-)
I have no problem with Ered Mithrin without a leader. Drar can get the two roles: destroyer buildings and main archer like Brand or Bard. xD
I hope you have not forgotten to scout. It would be nice if Iron Hills will have own scout. Bilbo have same problem like Lake-Town. 8-)
« Letzte Änderung: 9. Okt 2015, 08:41 von Tienety »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Okt 2015, 08:34 »
I hope you have not forgotten to scout. It would be nice if Iron Hills will have own scout.  Bilbo have same problem like Lake-Town. 8-)

I completely agree, a new Scout Hero will complete the Iron Hills and 'close' the circle of its differentiation from the Blue Mountains and Erebor  :)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 11. Okt 2015, 12:32 »
Well the New Scout will deffinetly make Iron Hills feel like COmplete whole Kingdom on tis own rights,now when the not conceptual and lore loigcal Lake Town is goen from them,they really just need a New more lore true Scout than Bilbo who as Tienity said is the same as Lake Town had not real Connections to Iron Hills nore have visited it nor wanted to,neither had know for it prior the BotFA! :)

So I really think that the Narin(different name can be used) a Scout Idea created by English Community can fill really nice that role! :)

Here is the link to it for all who are not familiar wit the Concept of Narin and the basic ideas behind him from the lore! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #7 am: 11. Okt 2015, 19:38 »
I also was quite surprised, since of all possibilities I didn't think you could include the Dwarves of the Grey Mountains - but you did, and it turned out spectacular! I love both the warriors and the outpost of the Grey Mountains, and I think, for example, that the dragon sceleton on the outpost is a pretty creative idea   :). Though, I think that the Morning Star looks a bit non-dwarvish, more Witchking-ish, if you ask me, but this is just my opinion  :P.
And also, like Dain asked, is there any chance of making the Orocarni Dwarves in the future? :)

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #8 am: 11. Okt 2015, 19:39 »
Zitat
And also, like Dain asked, is there any chance of making the Orocarni Dwarves in the future?
We will see.^^ Its not planed, yet. But that does not mean anything.

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #9 am: 11. Okt 2015, 20:04 »
To be honest, if Iron hills is that bad-off without 1 hero, they can probably just add King Gorin (From War in the north Nordinbad)
Sup :P

ThorinsNemesis

• Heiler von Imladris
  • I am King under the Mountain!
« Antwort #10 am: 11. Okt 2015, 20:06 »
Zitat
And also, like Dain asked, is there any chance of making the Orocarni Dwarves in the future?
We will see.^^ Its not planed, yet. But that does not mean anything.
Ok, it's good to hear that the mysterious Dwarves of the Orocarni *might* get a chance to be in this awesome mod :).

"A darkness is coming... It will spread to every corner of the land!"

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #11 am: 11. Okt 2015, 23:10 »
With all my respect mate but what reasons or lore facts you suggest for the Team to include that kind of character and as King nonetheless!? :-) Just asking I hope you'll not misunderstand me! :-)
Greetings! :-)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #12 am: 11. Okt 2015, 23:51 »
There is no lore facts on which you could base your idea for King Gorin or his implementation into this mod, that is main problem with your suggestion.
Second, take into consideration concept of new Outpost building in Iron Hills kingdom, Ered Mithrin dwarves don't need king as hero at Outopst(Gorin in WitN is old character, old non lore dwarven king) insted they need some veteran, fighter, dragonslayer...
I also don't like this non hero situation for this new concept, but I really find your suggestion out of place.

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #13 am: 12. Okt 2015, 08:40 »
I know it's still non-canon and not lore-wise, but if we're about WitN, maybe just add Farin (one of the three protagonist).
http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Farin_%28Champion%29
We know that he's originally from Iron Hills, and we could consider him as some kind of ambassador, which brings reinforcements from Orocarni (as he mets King Gorin while his stay in Nordinbad).
Please, do not look at the timeline of this idea, i know it's terrible.  [ugly]

Ealendril der Dunkle

• Gast
« Antwort #14 am: 12. Okt 2015, 09:06 »
if you read this articel correctly, you will notice that Farin is from the lonely mountain and not the iron hills.
Suggestions like this please in the right suggestion-topics. Thanks.
« Letzte Änderung: 12. Okt 2015, 09:09 von Ealendril »

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #15 am: 12. Okt 2015, 09:37 »
If we are talking about an Ered Mithrin Hero,in our idea fo the Assembly Halls e already have created a Concept for such a Hero,we know it is non canon but we based him on the Monster Fighting of his Soldiers and made proper abilities which can be changed or discussed plus we found a good skin that will not be hard for the Team to use or at least that is what I hope! :) For all who are not familiar with that suggestion here is the link and please read at least some of posts connected with the Hero! :)

Greetings to all! :)

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #16 am: 15. Okt 2015, 19:19 »
Hey! I have some suggestions concerning the new dwarven units.

I was thinking about the Ered Mithrin's Dragon Slayer, and, IMO, they should be considerably different from the other Ered Mithrin units - not only to represent their singularity, but also their strenght. It would also make them more easily spottable and would make Ered Mithrin's units look more aesthetically varied.

So... These are the points that may be changed:

- ET, you designed those soldiers with a helmet similar to Skirim's horned helmet, but you changed it 'cause it resembled the game, and the idea did not seem so original. But it was a great idea, as the soldiers did look great. Maybe this helmet can be included if you change it's skin to a more Greyish-Stonish look with the same textures as the actual ones. Also, the horns may have a "Bonish" or "Ironish" shape; does not matter. The horns themselves resembles the idea of badass dragonslayers that these units should have.

- The color of their robes should be a Bloddish red, I think. This change would make them look different, more iconic and would symbolize the color of fire, related to Dragons (which the slayers are known for slaughtering).

- Lastly, "Maybe you should consider redesigning the morningstar a little, this current one is too "evil" since its shape reminds me of iron crown and Angmar". It's size is also too big - and this feature should be Witch King's mighty weapon's only. I don't have a cool design in mind, but an alternative could me a detailed, small and compact ball with spikes (just like other morning stars) with the color and brightness of the current Ered Mithrin's soldiers's chain mail armor.

So, as you can see, many of these thoughts are just small changing of the existing good ones - but I am sure they would make huge differences, improving considerably the look of these new units.

Anyway, I hope you like these ideas. ^^

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #17 am: 18. Okt 2015, 23:22 »
@aminetude:

how does that fit into the feedback on Ered Mithrin - Thread?

Please posts suggestions in the suggestions area. Look if a similar idea was posted before. If yes, use that thread, if not, make a new thread in the correct area.

Thanks

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 18. Okt 2015, 23:46 »

Hi, aminetude  :)
I think that this topic might not be indeed the most suitable one for a proposal of this kind.
Are you sure that the Member of the Edain Team that you spoke with indicated this specific thread?

I think that your interesting post should be rightly part of the Galadriel thread in the General Suggestions, which obviously deals primarily with the character of Galadriel and all its relative aspects.

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31332.msg400355.html#msg400355

Greetings  ;)

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #19 am: 18. Okt 2015, 23:51 »
Oh, sorry , i missunderstood the edain team member appenratly, he only said feedback for 4.2, and i posted here, anyway i deleted my comment, but i created a new thread before diewalkure told me about that already existing thread, so should i remove my thread ? if it is yes, then would someone please tell me how ? or you should just close the new thread and i will copy what i wrote into that galadriel thread ?
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #20 am: 19. Okt 2015, 09:09 »
well an awesome work better than the iron heels and the erebor dwarfs anyway but i can see they are lacking armor too and the morning star and the dragon shield is kinda not dwarvish