25. Apr 2024, 21:44 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The Road to Edain Patch 4.2 - Ered Mithrin: your feedback  (Gelesen 8531 mal)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: The Road to Edain Patch 4.2 - Ered Mithrin: your feedback
« Antwort #15 am: 12. Okt 2015, 09:37 »
If we are talking about an Ered Mithrin Hero,in our idea fo the Assembly Halls e already have created a Concept for such a Hero,we know it is non canon but we based him on the Monster Fighting of his Soldiers and made proper abilities which can be changed or discussed plus we found a good skin that will not be hard for the Team to use or at least that is what I hope! :) For all who are not familiar with that suggestion here is the link and please read at least some of posts connected with the Hero! :)

Greetings to all! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

dgsgomes

• Pförtner von Bree
  • "If by my life or death I can protect you, I will"
« Antwort #16 am: 15. Okt 2015, 19:19 »
Hey! I have some suggestions concerning the new dwarven units.

I was thinking about the Ered Mithrin's Dragon Slayer, and, IMO, they should be considerably different from the other Ered Mithrin units - not only to represent their singularity, but also their strenght. It would also make them more easily spottable and would make Ered Mithrin's units look more aesthetically varied.

So... These are the points that may be changed:

- ET, you designed those soldiers with a helmet similar to Skirim's horned helmet, but you changed it 'cause it resembled the game, and the idea did not seem so original. But it was a great idea, as the soldiers did look great. Maybe this helmet can be included if you change it's skin to a more Greyish-Stonish look with the same textures as the actual ones. Also, the horns may have a "Bonish" or "Ironish" shape; does not matter. The horns themselves resembles the idea of badass dragonslayers that these units should have.

- The color of their robes should be a Bloddish red, I think. This change would make them look different, more iconic and would symbolize the color of fire, related to Dragons (which the slayers are known for slaughtering).

- Lastly, "Maybe you should consider redesigning the morningstar a little, this current one is too "evil" since its shape reminds me of iron crown and Angmar". It's size is also too big - and this feature should be Witch King's mighty weapon's only. I don't have a cool design in mind, but an alternative could me a detailed, small and compact ball with spikes (just like other morning stars) with the color and brightness of the current Ered Mithrin's soldiers's chain mail armor.

So, as you can see, many of these thoughts are just small changing of the existing good ones - but I am sure they would make huge differences, improving considerably the look of these new units.

Anyway, I hope you like these ideas. ^^

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #17 am: 18. Okt 2015, 23:22 »
@aminetude:

how does that fit into the feedback on Ered Mithrin - Thread?

Please posts suggestions in the suggestions area. Look if a similar idea was posted before. If yes, use that thread, if not, make a new thread in the correct area.

Thanks

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #18 am: 18. Okt 2015, 23:46 »

Hi, aminetude  :)
I think that this topic might not be indeed the most suitable one for a proposal of this kind.
Are you sure that the Member of the Edain Team that you spoke with indicated this specific thread?

I think that your interesting post should be rightly part of the Galadriel thread in the General Suggestions, which obviously deals primarily with the character of Galadriel and all its relative aspects.

http://en.modding-union.com/index.php/topic,31332.msg400355.html#msg400355

Greetings  ;)

aminetude

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Go back to the void from whence you came!"
« Antwort #19 am: 18. Okt 2015, 23:51 »
Oh, sorry , i missunderstood the edain team member appenratly, he only said feedback for 4.2, and i posted here, anyway i deleted my comment, but i created a new thread before diewalkure told me about that already existing thread, so should i remove my thread ? if it is yes, then would someone please tell me how ? or you should just close the new thread and i will copy what i wrote into that galadriel thread ?
Such is the nature of evil, in time all foul things come forth.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #20 am: 19. Okt 2015, 09:09 »
well an awesome work better than the iron heels and the erebor dwarfs anyway but i can see they are lacking armor too and the morning star and the dragon shield is kinda not dwarvish