29. Apr 2024, 14:47 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Erebor Scout Hero  (Gelesen 11979 mal)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
Erebor Scout Hero
« am: 9. Okt 2015, 21:31 »
Here are the results of the brainstorming so far:
Ealendril and KingDainIronFoot;
Zitat
We don't want to include non-canon and invented heroes. That's why i asked him for a better suggestion than Bilbo.
Zitat
If we talk about canon based Scouts for Erebor I think Dori or Nori can be good choices.... we saw how was Bilbo after letting the Ring go and he doesn't look like capable Scout
Now comes Ealendril's spontaneous brainstorm  [ugly]
Zitat
Spontaneous idea: maybe a double with Dori and Nori? Dori will be guarded (with slave-system) by Nori. If Dori dies, you will be able to controll Nori. If both are dying, Dori can be rebuild in the citadel.
You will always recruit Dori as the mainly hero, who will be guarded by Nori.
Zitat
_But what will happen with Old Bilbo,we should find a place for him somewhere!?
_Thats the mainly question

Now Bilbo ideas:
Old Bilbo to Imladris:
He can be in spellbook with a few hobbits units or as temporary protection of hobbit farm. :P
Bilbo could be a summon of one of the Erebor heroes : he could be a "memory" of the Erebor quest or so xD
Me  xD
I think he might be used for Imladris this way: you get him from the Hobbit farm (or somewhere else) he is the usual Bilbo. However, he "studies" all the scripts and books of Imladris, so he will be able (maybe make him able to enter library) to provide some spellbook recharge bonus, or a passive exp multiplier for nearby/all heroes.
Basically something related to him, after he finally settled in Imladris, studying all the knowledge and history that is stored there.

Now let's decide together the fate of Erebor's scout!

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
Re: Erebor Scout Hero
« Antwort #1 am: 9. Okt 2015, 21:50 »
I am all for the awesome idea of Ea and I think Dori and Nori can usr their Erebor Light Armor(Regal Clothes) :-) from BotFA !?And they could be even get the Regal Armor at certain Level as a representation that they are capable warriors ready to defend Erebor when needed but I doubt the Team will like that idea cuz it will be too Heavy Armor for mere Scouts! :-)
While Old Bilbo I really am having hard time on finding proper place for him yeat alone role and abilities :D
But as someone mentioned may be part of some Library Building giving Exp Bonuses to Heroes !? :-)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 9. Okt 2015, 21:57 »
Come to think about it, the hero exp thing might conflict with Elrond's special power of giving advice  and insight to heroes :/

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #3 am: 9. Okt 2015, 22:08 »
Yeah,I completely forgot about that,my fault there,my apologize! :-)
Bilbo may have some Moral boost from the Building or Healing with Hobbit Tea  [uglybunti]
Sorry I am not joking with bad intention but I am just in a dead end with Old Bilbo! :(
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

WarOfTheRingVeteran

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #4 am: 9. Okt 2015, 22:09 »
I like the idea that Dori and Nori in regal armour become scout hero(es) for Erebor. Bilbo really didn't fit there.

About Imladris Bilbo, I quite like hoho96's idea, that he could enter the Library and support the faction in kinda the similar was as Erestor. Only I don't like him being built from the farm, Library/Citadel is far more appropriate in my opinion.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 9. Okt 2015, 22:19 »
i think bilbo should be in imladris

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 9. Okt 2015, 22:21 »
Well I am glad you like the Regal Armor thing but they should get it as Leveling up but as I said the Team probably won't like the idea for Scouts getting Heavy Armor! :-)Although Bilbo Mithril Mail is quite "Heavy" Armor by itself :D

And yeah I think Citadel is more appropriate for Old Bilbo!And the idea for Spell Timer reducing is really good and well explained bu getting knowledge form Imladris Libraries! :-)

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #7 am: 9. Okt 2015, 22:23 »
I agree on both concepts (placing Bilbo in Imladris and replacing his scout role with Dori and Nori). However, making him a permanent hero would have the same issue with Tauriel, he wouldn't have a useful role, because Gildor is already the scout for Imladris. So I'll definitely go for the hobbit summon idea

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #8 am: 9. Okt 2015, 22:29 »
Yeah permanent Hero can be a problem indeed thats why I suggested to bind him on top of some building may be similar to Denethor! :-)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #9 am: 9. Okt 2015, 23:27 »
However, making him a permanent hero would have the same issue with Tauriel, he wouldn't have a useful role, because Gildor is already the scout for Imladris. So I'll definitely go for the hobbit summon idea
Well he should definitely NOT be a scout (that's why he's replaced in Erebor in the first place).  He's -as someone said- sort of a bonus hero.

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #10 am: 9. Okt 2015, 23:33 »
I really like very much the idea of Bilbo being active in Rivendell, primarily focused on 'studying' and Knowledge in general.
Imladris is definitely significant for Bilbo, a last 'preparatory' place of retirement, before his final 'Journey' to the West  :)

Zitat
"His house was perfect whether you liked food, or sleep, or work, or story-telling, or singing, or just sitting and thinking best, nor a pleasant mixture of them all. Evil things did not come into that valley."

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #11 am: 10. Okt 2015, 04:08 »
I definitely agree with making the Erebor scout hero Dori/Nori. As for Rivendell, there is 1 thing nobody seems to have questioned yet, what would happen if Elrond ended up with the Ring? With that influence constantly nearby gnawing away at Bilbo's mind, bad things might happen. It could be a system similar to Lothlorien, where he can only be recruited once Elrond has the Ring, and then Elrond could give it to Bilbo or Bilbo maybe would steal it from him, something along these lines. 

For example, you could synergize his hunger for knowledge in the library with some unique Ring hero powers, that make the spellbook powers recharge insanely fast, like 75% faster. Or you could make him give a global recharge time bonus to all ability timers on all units. With this method, he wouldn't be a very powerful fighter in his own right, but would still stack up in terms of the damage you could inflict due to all your units getting improved abilities with faster recharge times. That's my idea for him anyways.
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #12 am: 10. Okt 2015, 06:36 »
Should it be always a heroe? I mean, those guys (Dori & Nori) were not scouts! heck! they arrived even later than Dwalin!!

If these guys were almost everytime together, why dont we create a battalion of five-six guys (like a mini heroe-horde) able to hide & if necessary create ground traps or something like that, also being faster than common dwarves.

"Viva México"

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #13 am: 10. Okt 2015, 09:25 »
Should it be always a heroe? I mean, those guys (Dori & Nori) were not scouts! heck! they arrived even later than Dwalin!!

If these guys were almost everytime together, why dont we create a battalion of five-six guys (like a mini heroe-horde) able to hide & if necessary create ground traps or something like that, also being faster than common dwarves.
Because it will create a lot of technical problems. And it's sort of boring anyway. A hero is always preferred.

Linhir

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • Inga mektar e Endamar.
« Antwort #14 am: 10. Okt 2015, 18:31 »
Bilbo in a healing spell is good idea, he could just show up sorrounded by pipe weed's smoke cloud which will heal all alies nearby.  [ugly]