29. Mär 2024, 07:37 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: A few random questions and perhaps a little introduction.  (Gelesen 2455 mal)

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
Good day,

I am currently enjoying my time as a new member of these forums and I plan to post more frequently in the future as my interest and enjoyment for the mod only seems to grow for the time being. Without the notion of boasting in mind, I have been part of several mods for Company of Heroes in the past and still am part of two currently active mods (Zombiemod and Eastern Front, for the COH fans) as a designer and balancer, which, I believe, permits me to say that I know how mods and teams mostly function and operate. As such, I can only show my respect and gratitude when I see a true work of art and the amount of polish and attention that goes therein.

Nonetheless, as we all strive for betterment, I wanted to ask a few questions, simple and perhaps a bit more in-depth as well. There is naturally no obligation to read or answer these enquiries, but I would appreciate it if you'd bear with me :).

1. Will Edain 4.2 be released independently from the other versions or only attainable by updating via the launcher?

2. Can ET tells us which units currently (definetely) deserve an overhaul, visually speaking? Meaning, which units or buildings you know you are currently not satisfied with and you intend to change soon or for the future?

3. Is the price for the Rohan mustering point upgrade debatable? You pay 600 for a well of the bat, then you pay another 450 for it to gain an defensive sentry, then you still have to pay for the heroes with the most expensive being 800 and, finally, you pay another round for the troops themselves in which the most expensive also cost 600, if I am correct. That is a total of 600+450+800+600= 2450 if you want to get out Westfold Cavalry with arguably the ''best'' captain of Rohan, excluding the upgrades. Do you think this pricing is justified? Thoughts? Cheaper or more expensive?

4. Have some of the major bugs been fixed? Bugs like the Westfold soldiers walking through enemy troops, Rohan Spear Throwers not auto-targeting enemy units, destroyed walls shortly popping up and disappearing again, when sauron dies with the ring, you can get a second Sauron if I recall correctly. I had a couple of others, but I forgot to write them down.

5. Is is intended that the Dwarven Keep does not benefit from the Stonemaison health boost? What do you think about this? I personally find it a bit contradicting to see all Dwarven structures benefit from this apart from the very core of your base (the spire in the center, I mean). Perhaps it could be tied to the Dwarven level 3 structure upgrade, giving that upgrade some purpose if you have gotten your structures to level 3 naturally. I would like to see this in some way.

I have more questions, but I would like to keep it to a minimum for now. I apologise in advance for not knowing how to make spoiler tags. I hope you will read this and perhaps find some room for a discussion.

Kind regards,

Odysseus

“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”

Elendils Cousin 3. Grades

• Administrator
  • Ringträger
  • German, Motherfucker! Do you speak it?
Re: A few random questions and perhaps a little introduction.
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Okt 2015, 19:01 »
The spoiler tags are hidden behind the nuclear radiation symbol. If you want to do it manually, just type ["spoiler"="whatever you want to call the spoiler"]stuff you want to say[/"spoiler"] without the quotation marks. You can also see the codes when quoting another person's post.

As for your questions, I think I can answer some of them.
3) Pretty much everything and anything is debatable, as long as you have decent arguments, just head for the respective board (Rohan suggestions, in this case). Since there seems to be no balance discussion thread, you'd have to start a new topic for this one.

4) Some of the bugs you mentioned can't be fixed afaik. Otherwise, check the bug reports. Everything that is marked green has been fixed by the team.

5) See 3) ;)

hoho96

• Verteidiger Morias
  • You Can not Hide!
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Okt 2015, 19:38 »
1.  All Edain versions will come out as patches available via the launcher update. This is to insure that everyone has the same files and features universally.
2. Most units since before 3.8.1 were created with the maximum reliable quality that the game would allow.  However,  this have lead to a lot of lags and crashs when having large armies (mordor and goblins case).
The team is always trying to find a good balance  between quality and performance.
Most notable units are already on high quality. If you think a unit may use some rework, feel free to suggest it on the appropriate suggestions board.
5. I think it's related to technical limitations. It's hard (impossible? ) to apply such an upgrade on the main citadel building.

Btw i was a huge fan of CoH, especially Blitzkrieg and EF. I played the shit out of those mods before finally moving on^^

Odysseus

• Galadhrim
« Antwort #3 am: 12. Okt 2015, 21:51 »
I am grateful for the replies gentlemen, I even learned how to use spoiler tags. Much appreciated.

“For so sworn good or evil an oath may not be broken and it shall pursue oathkeeper and oathbreaker to the world's end.”