26. Apr 2024, 03:14 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Gandalf the gray to gandalf the white  (Gelesen 8383 mal)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
Gandalf the gray to gandalf the white
« am: 30. Okt 2015, 00:03 »
i want to make an interesting suggestion  at least i think its an interesting one anyway.

well wee know from the movies and the books that gandalf the gray was very different
than gandalf the white gandalf the white is stronger than gandalf the gray

but in the game they are the same thing the difference between them is not that big

so i suggest to give him a new skill set when he is gray

1 the Wizard blast: should stay the same its like his basic spell and its very memorable.

2 Lightning sword: this spell should change it should be locational damage same animation but it should be a hit like in the movie the time he killed balrog,

3 Istari Light: this one should change only because i think its more of a gandalf the white signature spell
so i suggest it should be changed with this one a blast of light like in the movie Hobbit
the animation of the spell can be the one gandalf dose when he s won a battle the one he rising his staff.

4 Word of Power : now i know its its a very memorable spell of the bfme series but it looks to much powerful for gandalf the gray to have a spell like that so i suggest
it should be changed with a smaller word of power and it should look different not that big blue wave  very smaller radius and maybe a fear effect for some seconds.

now when he becomes Gandalf the White wee all know he gets more powerful
so after he becomes white his spells changes they get stronger

1 Wizard blast: same effect more dmg.

2 Lightning sword: it becomes the one you originally had in the game so it is an upgrade from just a hit to this thunder he burns his enemies with.

3 Istari Light: the white blasst upgrades to the istari light.

4 Word of Power: the same old Word of Power

my suggestion is because i think gandalf the gray should be different than gandalf the white i think that makes him more unique and more interesting to play with.

Bogdan Hmel

• Thain des Auenlandes
Re: Gandalf the gray to gandalf the white
« Antwort #1 am: 30. Okt 2015, 15:03 »
 If Edain team will make it, the abilities of Gandalf the Grey must be received in the early levels. Because to get Gandalf the white is not very difficult.
Therefore, the ability of Gandalf the gray at later levels will not be used, because by that time we will already have Gandalf the white.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #2 am: 30. Okt 2015, 15:06 »
well then gandalf the white should be harder to get i dont know maybe make it a lvl 7 spell

Fíli

• Edain Betatester
  • Wächter Caras Galadhons
« Antwort #3 am: 30. Okt 2015, 15:13 »
It was stateted by the Edain Team about a thousand times that Gandalfs abilities won't be changed.

Vote for close.
Vielen Dank an CMG für das tolle Banner und den tollen Avatar! :)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #4 am: 30. Okt 2015, 16:46 »
Just like they said that they will never add Ram Riders to the mod; but they did anyway. Even if they say a "thousand times" that they will not change something, it doesn't mean that they NEVER will. Perhaps someday the Edain Team thinks that Gandalf needs new powers and stuff, and for answers they might look at suggestions like these.

If they don't like it, they can just say it or ignore it at all, but you should always leave room for open discussions; perhaps there will come an idea that they like too.

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #5 am: 30. Okt 2015, 17:27 »
thank you fredius

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #6 am: 30. Okt 2015, 19:59 »
I for once do agree with Grey! :)

His suggestions is not entirly changing Gandalf the Grey Abilities but rather making  them distinquishable from those of Gandalf the White! :) After all it is for sure that the White is much more stronger than the Grey and some simply change of Range and Strenght of their Powers will do the job in my opinion! :)

And as Fredeius said with Edain Team nothing is impossible as long as it has support and good concept behind it! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

korner

• Bibliothekar Bruchtals
« Antwort #7 am: 30. Okt 2015, 21:57 »
agree. Gandalf should get a buff  :)

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #8 am: 30. Okt 2015, 22:00 »
thanks dain for going along with my idea  ;)

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #9 am: 30. Okt 2015, 22:56 »
Hii :D

I agree that Gandalf need change.
Gandalf use his "You shall not pass" a several times. I think we could fit in that skill.
As mass slayer, Gandalf is too hero killer. Istari Light is op against one target, his Lighting Sword is too op against one target(hero). So "You shall not pass" goes to Gandalf The Gray instead Istari Light, and Lighting Sword smaler radius and dmg.
World of power (Gray) should be litle bit weaker.
But reduce his cost at 2300-2500. Only way to build Gandalf in early game if You go on Tax Abatement and get a lot resoucres for Gandalf, but again would be in deficit after that.
For now Gandalf price is fine, he is really strong, but u cant w8 3000gold for him, that is too much for Gondor how dont have other source of gold.

"You shall not pass" : He smash ground, knock everything, even heroes and trolls, deals moderate dmg in medium radius.

So suggestions is:

1. Nerf Gandalf the Gray but lower price and new ability for him. Gandalf the White spellbook cost 3, but White should stay same as now.

2. Remove Gandalf the Gray from Gondor and put in instant Gandalf the White. Same ability as Gray and same cost. And instead Gandaf the White spellbook put some buffs for Boromir and Faramir, because i think they are in really bad spot for now, and I think brothers should be the most important fact in Gondor gameplay. Name is "Capitains of Gondor" Boromir and Faramir get thier Leaderships improved, Boromir get +1000 health + aoe dmg for 2-3 units  , Faramir get more attack dmg and movement speed.

Why remove Gray, only because he didnt have impact in Gondor (time=wotr).

I think fans really like Gondor because they can see a lot of thier heroes in movies. Same why we are all love to see Dain and Thorin II. (that is the reason why fans want Thror and Thrain II), they are in movie and is the  only reasone we like him because we like movies.
 I really like Aragon, Bergond fits in, Pipin late hero killer.
Gandalf, Boromir and Faramir i think need litle change.

"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #10 am: 30. Okt 2015, 23:22 »
well gandalf the white spell can change and become a lvl 7

DrHouse93

• Elronds Berater
« Antwort #11 am: 31. Okt 2015, 11:07 »

That is exactly the same idea I had too^^
"You shall not pass" replaces Istari Light, weaker skills overall but also lower price for Gandalf the Grey
However, I do agree with Gandalf the Gray, too (too many Gandalfs here xD), the passive spell which turns him into Gandalf the White may be changed in this way:
- When the player purchase the spell, Gandalf has to die first. Then it can be revived directly as Gandalf The White: he has his standard skills, but costs 3000
This should ensure the player uses both the forms of Gandalf for approximately the same amount of time, and should also ensure the player doesn't just wait for the spell "Gandalf the White" before recruiting the hero (which is what most players do right now)

LordDainIronfoot

• Orkjäger vom Amon Hen
  • "Tanar Durin nur..."
« Antwort #12 am: 31. Okt 2015, 11:43 »
It really sond like a good idea! :)

Balanced and yet unqie way to represent the difference between the White and the Gray and even represent the way his "transformation" happened! :)

I would deffinetely be interested in seeing this idea in the game! :)

Good wokr Dr.House and Gandalf the Gray! :)

Greetings! :)
"I will not stand down before any Elf,not least this Faithless Woodland Sprite,he wishesh nothing but ill upon my people...To Battle,to Battle Sons of Durin!!!..."

"You,think I give a dead dog about your threats you Pointy Ear Princess...Hear now lads,we are on...Let's give those bastards a good Hammering!!!..."

kreso

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • Balin,the son of Fundin, at your service ;)
« Antwort #13 am: 31. Okt 2015, 11:57 »
And one thing too.. :D

I think no1 doesnt use World of Power on Gandalf the Gray :D If u reach lvl 10 Gandalf he will be already White. And price of 3k make that as sure (when You can afford 3k for him, u already in mid game, so White is unlocked easy if isnt, one good Wizard Blast and u will get 3 points :P )
"What have we done, O king? Is it a crime to be lost in the forest, to be hungry and thirsty, to be trapped by spiders?"

Gandalf The Gray

• Balins Schriftführer
  • you shall not pass
« Antwort #14 am: 31. Okt 2015, 13:08 »

That is exactly the same idea I had too^^
"You shall not pass" replaces Istari Light, weaker skills overall but also lower price for Gandalf the Grey
However, I do agree with Gandalf the Gray, too (too many Gandalfs here xD), the passive spell which turns him into Gandalf the White may be changed in this way:
- When the player purchase the spell, Gandalf has to die first. Then it can be revived directly as Gandalf The White: he has his standard skills, but costs 3000
This should ensure the player uses both the forms of Gandalf for approximately the same amount of time, and should also ensure the player doesn't just wait for the spell "Gandalf the White" before recruiting the hero (which is what most players do right now)

genius idea doc house rly awesome idea
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Nov 2015, 20:34 von Gandalf The Gray »