26. Apr 2024, 14:40 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: CaH Dark Sorceror update-contains portrait and voicelines link  (Gelesen 4304 mal)

BalkanLuka

• Bilbos Festgast
Re-introducing and re-balancing CaH in Edain 4.0 was a very nice feature as enable players to add their own possible ideas to edain, without asking anymore in the forums for certain heroes which they liked to be permanently  included but which other people disliked, giving the freedom of choice and removing conflicts in the community by making it an individual decision of a single player that only affects him.

It was nice that the EM team enhanced further CaH with the dwarves update , remodeling,re-portraiting 1 of the dwarven classes was better then having 1 model with just 2 different beard colours. This is further emphasized because the number of class archetypes is limited so every diversification is greatly welcomed.

This is where my suggestion comes in turn, i suggest that this same thing be done to the Black Numenorian Commander and Sorcerer as curently they are the only similar modeled units. ( Yes they have different clothing but compare that to the dwarven difference)

This suggestion is especially turned to the Sorrceror class, so as a mean of further diversification i suggest :

-New Portrait, as the standard BFME portraits looks out of place compared with edain ones, more fitting to dune or star trek, i have included a image i made that i think is more appropriate to a default dark sorcerer (Due to not having the skills for making bfme portraits, my file only contains the properly re-sized image that only needs the alpha chanel added, which is also included, thx to Caluadan and Alensis tutorial)

-New voice lines, in the previous versions the sorcerer had the German Agandaur voice-(LOTR War in the North game) which was fitting, but with the newest version this was changed to a general from shogun 2 total war, this was one of the main reasons why I am posting this (The Barbarian commander from Rome 1 total war fits to Thorin III, but this one doesnt fit lotr at all), thus i included in this post 14 Voicelines from the English speaking Agandaur, some parts have background music playing silently, but still i think that it fits better to a Black Numenorian the voice of a Black Numenorian than a samurai retainer.

-New Abilities for both classes, only the mount ability, in order to show his elevated status among the orc rable and as a means of escape, or if played with Angmar or Mordor,a tool  to acompany black numenorian cavalry or dark knights, as for the model the Mounth of Saurons horse would be fitting. The other spells are quite enough to make either a military or spell based evil hero.

Now the biggest sugestion, the model improvoment, here there could be two potential options:

1) Use the existing sorcerer model but add additional headpieces,as the current one can only be made into a bald guy,no matter if he has a helm or crown you can always see his bald head, so add atleast 2 new items, the helmet of the Black Numenorian Cavalry and the Crown of the Tribute collector from the Vasal Camp economic building, this way we can have at least some headwear that covers his entire head.

2) Use new models, butt making and animating a new one needs much effort, so maybe borrow existing (ET told us that they swapped their Misty mountains hero models with the ones from the Extended edition mod, so they cooperate and credit others), and add minor swapable weapons, armor parts..(For me this is personaly the  better option  as it would diferentiate the looks of the sorcerer and commander, the robes must not be red, making them colorable, black for example makes him look like a default evil minion of Mordor, changing it to blue would fit to Angmar...)

Due to beign unable to upload more than 3 files i had to put links to my suggestions that i have found on the internet.

http://bfme-modding.ru/_ld/0/91220834.jpg - says the author is Uvatha

http://media.moddb.com/images/mods/1/29/28177/wpZ0X54LDLA.jpg - I think this is from Elf King's mod for the 3.81 version of edain which now doesnt exist on Mod DB but maybe he still has the model.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/lotr/images/9/98/Agandaur02.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/248?cb=20110723153958 - i used this image for my palantir edit, i added some effects and the parchment base, i used this image as it shows a more generic evil servant, rather then Agandaur.

As you can see a lot of my suggestion combined point out that im suggesting that you add Agandaur to Edain mod, but im not, this is Agandaur as much as the second CaH Dwarf hero is just a new Dvalin, both of them are not those characters, they are designs that can become anything depending on the person who decides to use them,IF he decides to use them. I suggested this design as to me it fits to a dark sorcerer of Sauron, and having an Agandaur model with Agandaur voicelines seems a natural fit, and the portrait displays a random, default sorcerer with a sinister mask, adorned by many seen evil Numenorians.

This was my rather long suggestion, it could further expand the CaH system for people who like to use it, giving them more choices and uniquenes,not forcing it on people who dislike it, apeasing people who want this X character from this Y game and all the while keeping it away from the standard Edain mod and the creative vision of the Eteam, thus making every group happy.

The rar file i uploaded contains both the images needed for the portrait and the sound files, feel free to check them out and use them in your mod, i give it to you, to be used in Edain if you would find use of it.

I am unable to post RaR files here so you can download the voicepack+portrait images on the ModDB BfME 2 ROTWK addon page if youwant to download it, i dont know if i should put it there,so either way i will delete it when it has been downloaded by people who need it.

http://www.moddb.com/games/battle-for-middle-earth-ii-rise-of-the-witch-king/addons/agandaur-voiceportrait-pack

« Letzte Änderung: 22. Nov 2015, 14:21 von BalkanLuka »

sr_dark

• Thain des Auenlandes
Its a very good idea, I would also give them some new spells based on agandaur in game too, that would be cool to vary the pool more.

IronSkye

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
I always loved his armour, maybe they can add it to the black numenorian.

I think all CAH heroes should be able to ride a horse (alternatively a warg for orcs / aeries for dwarves,...)

But a sorcerer class is only available with sub mod and that should be considered.