20. Apr 2024, 00:45 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Unique Selling Point of Edain Mod?  (Gelesen 8068 mal)

The_Necromancer0

• Edain Team
  • Beschützer des verbotenen Weihers
  • There is evil there that does not sleep
Unique Selling Point of Edain Mod?
« am: 12. Dez 2015, 14:26 »
This is just me wanting to know what got you into Edain mod and what feature retained your attention.

For me it was the ring heroes. I was very disapointed first of all with the ring heroes being only galadriel and sauron and second with the limited palantir of sauron (2 powers). Then I downloaded the mod and just.... wow. Sauron had his own spellbook-like palantir. I was blow away. That is what really got me into downloading Edain mod: the ring heroes.

Other than that it was mostly my disapointment with what EA had done to my favorite game, milking it like a prized cow. My most WTF moment was when I saw they had merged Rohan and Gondor, to me that was the equivalent of merging Mordor and Isengard. I like what they did with Angmar but Edain did it better. You point a thing out in BFME2 and my first comment will be "Edain did it better". You guys should honestly make a BFME3, it would sell like small bread (french expression). Keep up the good work and keep blowing us away with the new content, you guys are what I look for the most, everyday checking the news and the latest forum, well.... that and One Punch Man that thing is pretty dope.

P.S. I also really liked how easy how it was to install, most other mods that I came across required 10 years in computer programming  :D you guys was just download and install and play.
P.S.2 I could probalbly go on for hours but i'll just stop there
« Letzte Änderung: 20. Dez 2015, 20:50 von Lord of Gifts »
Come chat Edain on Discord: https://discord.gg/CMhkeb8
Questions on the Mod? Visit the Official Wiki: http://edain.wikia.com/

Adamin

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Vala
  • Und das Alles ohne einen einzigen Tropfen Rum!
Re: USP of Edain Mod?
« Antwort #1 am: 12. Dez 2015, 17:55 »
You guys should honestly make a BFME3, it would sell like small bread (french expression).

I actually suggested that some time ago to the Team, to change our name to BfMe3. xD
But we decided that Edain has grown such a good reputation over the years that It'll be a shame to change it.

Very nice topic idea. I'm curious what you guys will post. :)

Adrigabbro

• Gesandter der Freien Völker
« Antwort #2 am: 12. Dez 2015, 18:58 »
I'll just keep it short:
NOW, I feel like I'm playing The Lord of the Rings. :)

"That still only counts as one!"

™Æ¿® Aragorn £ ‡™

• Gastwirt zu Bree
  • I can do quite a bit of coding myself :P
« Antwort #3 am: 13. Dez 2015, 10:27 »
Imladris is mine :P.                                                                                                                      Very few mods actually go threw the trouble of adding imladris and Lothlorien.                      Most mods just add elves and call it a day :P.

Whenever I first watched an edain youtube video, I saw imladris and I was like:  xD xD xD . Can't wait for them to be added (probably before the last faction is released).

Whenever I played my first Mp game as imladris vs Goblins, the goblin player couldn't kill my elves  :D :D                                                                                                                           It was like

https://www.google.com/search?q=Rivendell+elf+with+guitar&biw=1600&bih=809&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwju4cucwtjJAhXHSiYKHYjmDrMQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=Elrond+with+guitar&imgrc=cj0BECbgGuhOJM%3A

;)
Sup :P

ringbearer

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
« Antwort #4 am: 13. Dez 2015, 10:41 »
For me it is your unique heros and hordes abilities :) . Original game was really bad with that. Sice i started with BFME1 , i really missed combining units and their formations. BFME2 gave everyone porcupine and that's it :D + BFME1 build plots it by far the change i also like very much :)

Lord of Mordor

• Edain Ehrenmember
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
Re: Unique Selling Point of Edain Mod?
« Antwort #5 am: 20. Dez 2015, 20:55 »
Now this is an interesting topic xD I'd be quite curious to know what brought everyone here!

Personally, I always figured that our focus on more intricate and diverse heroes was a major factor that set us apart from other mods back when there was still a ton of active BfME mods. Plenty of them had new units and factions and fantastic graphics, but they often featured heroes with only three rather basic abilities, much like in the base game. Edain, by contrast, had stuff like Aragorn developing in four stages with new abilities every time. This was one of the major unique Edain selling points in my mind (also from a developer's perspective because they were just fun to design), but maybe I'm totally wrong - let me know! xD

Nowadays, there's also the rather pragmatic factor to consider that there aren't that many active mods anymore. Edain is both among the oldest and the most active BfME, so we just had a lot of time to invest in our content.
Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul
Richtlinien für Edain-Vorschläge
I Edain Suggestion Guidelines

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
« Antwort #6 am: 20. Dez 2015, 21:35 »
The one thing that attracted me to the mod was the transition to the BFME1 gameplay. It's really a dream come true; BFME2's graphics combined with BFME1's castle system. And ofcourse the artwork and the fact that a lot of the Hobbit content is being used.

Another thing that attracted me was the community on moddb and now on Modding Union. The fact that we have a whole forum just for suggestions, and the team that actually considers to use those suggestions, makes it a huge bonus. In the early days I've been more active on Revora Forums (another place for BFME mods), but that place really suffers from some kind of elitism. Only a small amount of people there are being taken seriously, which consist mostly of older members who've been there since the beginning of BFME modding. But anyway enough of politics, let's just say that Modding Union contains a more lifely and friendlier environment for people who are new to BFME mods :P.

bookworm1138

• Wanderer des Alten Waldes
  • "Lasto beth nîn, tolo dan nan galad"
« Antwort #7 am: 21. Dez 2015, 05:18 »
I remember back in the day when this mod was still in German and 4.0 was only a wish. Back then, I found this mod to be the most "complete" of all the BfME2: RotWK mods. That was what initially drew me to Edain.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom."

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #8 am: 21. Dez 2015, 16:19 »
What got me into the Edain Mod?

Well, it all began in a cold day of Winter two years ago (I can't remember specifically the month), when I was 'casually' browsing the page of the BFME games on Wikipedia, and my attention was literally caught by the Edain Mod, that was mentioned as the most accurate and detailed Mod involving that serie of games.

That's how everything started.
I had been playing with the BFME serie since 2003, but, at that time (a couple of years ago), I was starting to feel more and more unsatisfied by the great yet too generic and common vanilla games.

I couldn't really recall how many times I had wandered through the depths of my mind, making up imaginary concepts and models of any kind for new and more elements, especially regarding a possible concept of Galadriel as a regular hero (instead of the One Ring Galadriel present in the vanilla) and the newly-appeared elements of the Hobbit trilogy  :P

And, eventually, it really seemed that I had finally found that my wishes could have become Reality, and they had been, in the multicoloured World of the Edain Mod  8-)

Yes, I would say that it was exactly the Edain Mod's high standards, variety, diversity and details which really got me into it.
The ability of creating a Harmony among many fundamental aspects, like the lore, the gameplay, the balance and the strictly technical characteristics.

And, needless to say, the Edain Community is really amazing.
Coming from someone who had never been a part of a forum before, I honestly would have never imagined to be so happy and passionate to be into this, among great people and ideas  ;)

CragLord

• Gast
« Antwort #9 am: 21. Dez 2015, 16:51 »
This is really nice topic I must say, very nice idea Necromancer! :)

I was playing BFME I and II on my old PC for years, and one day I bought new one with new wide screen monitor.
First problem which occured was about resoulution... Game was created not for wide screen monitors. I searched a bit for solution and download some wide screen mods.
Later I have found about gamereplays unoffical patch which solves this, and later during mod research in general I have found Edain. :)

I have bought new PC, and this avalanche of connected problems about game lead me to Edain. My lucky shopping! :D

Regards,
CragLord

Hüter

• Verteidiger Morias
« Antwort #10 am: 4. Jan 2016, 00:05 »
Nice topic   ;)

I have to admit, that I have never played BFME1, so first beta of 4.0 was a first time in a double sense.
Anyway, my first version was 3.7.5 back in 2012. I don't remember exactly how I got to Edain, but I remember having read the LOTR books short before the discovery and beeing very disappointed about how EA transformed the content, especially what they did with the elves. In addition, my brothers, cousins and me were playing ROTWK a lot and got rather bored by the little variety of the game. Somehow, and I really don't remember how, I got to know about Edain and first could not believe something like that could be for free (it was my first ever mod at all :D). Anyway, I downloaded it, and after three days I was a proud (and nooby) member of MU. :D

Danke an CMG für den tollen Avatar und das tolle Banner