17. Apr 2024, 00:16 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Glorfindel23's Map Pack  (Gelesen 239455 mal)

Fredius

• Edain Betatesting
  • Galadhrim
  • It's good to be evil
Re: Glorfindel23's Map Pack
« Antwort #75 am: 29. Jan 2016, 17:17 »
Mate it looks grand really. Do I have permission to make a Siege of Minas Tirith mission out of your map :)?

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #76 am: 29. Jan 2016, 17:31 »
Mate it looks grand really. Do I have permission to make a Siege of Minas Tirith mission out of your map :)?

You can
________________________ ________________

Econamic Camp new systeme
-> For the economy of the player 1 I have made some farm in the map and for the decoration and the life of the map I've added an outpost of Minas Tirith

Show the video:
https://youtu.be/loS7aqBt-SE

The map v1.1 is realised :http://www.mediafire.com/download/9ug9r8k7vx97975/Minas+Tirith+The+White+City+v1.1.rar
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jan 2016, 18:04 von Glorfindel23 »

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #77 am: 29. Jan 2016, 20:39 »
The economy camp looks really cool.  I really liked how when Mordor captured the flag everything was destroyed and a statue of Sauron remained with the evil economy buildings.  I really look for to playing this version of the map.

I'll post if I find any bugs, as well as any suggestions.  :)

EDIT: Could you post a list of changes whenever you make an update to the map, if you have the time to do so?  This would help people finding out whether something is a bug or a intentional change to the map. 
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jan 2016, 20:54 von Hamanathnath »

Celebrimbor

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #78 am: 29. Jan 2016, 20:46 »

I have paste the map in my folder (%appdata% --- Witch-King), but I dont see the map in the game
Why is that?
Can someone help me?

Are you sure you have this road
"C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\my files the LOTR, The Rise Of The Watch King™\maps"

Not to be confused with "C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\my files the LOTR, The Rise Of The Watch King„¢\maps"

Yes but it doesent Work  :(
i cant see the map or play on it
Why is that? I copy the Map in this Folder but it doesent work

Gnomi

• Administrator
  • Bewahrer des roten Buches
« Antwort #79 am: 29. Jan 2016, 20:53 »
Don't copy the .map-file in this folder. You need a folder "mapname" in the map-folder and then you need all the files of the map in this folder ("mapname.map", "mapname_art.tga", "mapname.tga", "mapname_pic.tga" and "map.ini". Don't know if all three tgas are integrated in this map - the .map file is the most important one)

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #80 am: 29. Jan 2016, 20:58 »
EDIT: Could you post a list of changes whenever you make an update to the map, if you have the time to do so?  This would help people finding out whether something is a bug or a intentional change to the map.

Yes I can  :)

________________________ ________________

thanks to The_Necromancer0 (http://forum.modding-union.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5549)

The map has now a page in the edain wiki
-> http://edain.wikia.com/wiki/Minas_Tirith_(7_level)_by_Glorfindel23
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jan 2016, 21:57 von Glorfindel23 »

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #81 am: 29. Jan 2016, 22:47 »
Love ling Glorfindel! Praise him with great praise!

Can't wait to play the new version with Haman and another friend whenever they are online :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #82 am: 29. Jan 2016, 23:11 »
New Version 1.2 of the map with the new trebuchets in the city and two towers ruined in the principal gate for defend two hordes of archers :

v1.2 -> http://www.mediafire.com/download/s1igpjxfxgmrm3o/Minas+Tirith+The+White+City+v1.2.rar

________________________ ____________________

For the bug of the Mordor nothing to do, I have test the map without its ini, then I have tested without its script but every time the problem persist and when the player start with the mordor the game crash after 10 minutes of play.

If someone has an idea for the origin of the problem , say me.
« Letzte Änderung: 29. Jan 2016, 23:24 von Glorfindel23 »

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #83 am: 30. Jan 2016, 20:41 »
Helm's Deep Preview :

Hello I introduce my map Helm Deep, for more explanation :
(the pictures of the new version of the map are available below)

Version 2.0 (will come with submod)

« Letzte Änderung: 3. Okt 2016, 22:38 von Glorfindel23 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #84 am: 30. Jan 2016, 22:41 »
This is a very interesting project.

Glorfindel23, do you maybe want to gather all your updates and new possible maps in this thread, that will function as the main thread like the official ECC's Map Pack?
If you want, I could easily merge the Minas Tirith topic with this one, so that everything will be much more ordered and easier for you to present to the Edain Community  :)

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #85 am: 30. Jan 2016, 23:21 »
Alright! Great idea!
« Letzte Änderung: 8. Sep 2017, 15:51 von Glorfindel23 »

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #86 am: 31. Jan 2016, 00:10 »
As Glorfindel23 agrees with me, I will merge this thread with Glorfindel23's own map pack thread, in order to gather everything in one single space for one single project to present to the Edain Community  :)

« Letzte Änderung: 31. Jan 2016, 00:13 von DieWalküre »

Hamanathnath

• Gefährte der Gemeinschaft
« Antwort #87 am: 31. Jan 2016, 03:32 »
I have have some suggestions for the next version of the Minas Tirith map.

Most of my earlier suggestions still apply, especially making Grond easier to get. 

I really liked the addition of the economy camp, but I think Gondor should get the money from those buildings before the attacker captures it.  This would give the defender more incentive to defend it. 

The Rhun and Harad units are too weak because they cannot get upgrades.  It's just a lot more effective to get orcs.  I strongly suggest allowing the Evil Men units to buy Heavy Armour. 

Mumakil can't fit under the Minad Tirith gate, which make the pointless unless the Defender decides to charge out.  It would make them more useful if they could fit through the the gate.  There is one way to get them in though.....

The Walls of Minas Tirith can still be broken.  This makes Siege Towers pretty pointless, so I strongly recommend making the walls invincible. 

As the defender, even after the Rohan timer runs out, you still can't select the Rohan Armoury, making those units not very useful. 

I can't think of anything else right now, so that's it for now.  Keep up the great work :)

Elite KryPtik

• Gardist von Meduseld
  • Arise! Arise, Writers of KryPtik!
« Antwort #88 am: 31. Jan 2016, 09:00 »
To add on to Hamans suggestions, which I agree with, here are a few more thoughts.

Firstly Haman, the economy camp does indeed make money, which is why I was defending it. My suggestion would be to add some defensive buildings like a couple of towers, because right now the Mordor player can just rush some trolls or a hero and wipe your camp out in seconds. Additionally, causing all those buildings to instantly disappear when the camp is captured isn't really fair for Gondor, because those capture flags can be captured instantaneously. Its also a problem for Mordor, because if you capture the camp when the defenders are there they can steal like half of the treasure that drops on the ground. I would recommend having the Gondor buildings remain and require manual destruction, dropping money when they are destroyed.

Right now, it is EXREMELY difficult for the attackers to have any chance at all of winning. The sheer number of defenses and amount of money that the defender makes are through the roof. I would recommend adding 1 more attacker to help balance things out a bit.

The Fountain Guards stats are still terrible. I have no idea why you increased the price to freaking 2500(!!!!!) when the units STATS are WORSE than the normal Tower Guards! You trying to troll the defender or something?

When I said to fix the command points, what I meant was that they should be normalized across all games modes, not set to game defaults. Custom sieges should have the defending player with more than default CP, and the attacking players with more as well, but not the crazy amount provided by Epic Battle. The only real way to play right now is on epic battle mode, which inevitably makes the game unplayable due to lag. I think something like 6k command points for Gondor and 4k for each attacking player(if you add a third) would be quite balanced and fair, and maybe prevent the worst of the lag.

There are a couple of defensive build plots missing on the upper levels and at the end of either side of the first levels wall. Additionally, as far as I can tell there's nowhere to make any proper Postern Gates.

Making Rohan units even with the reduced timer is still totally useless compared to the Gondor units, for several reasons.
  • The Gondor units on the whole are stronger.
  • The Rohan units cannot receive their normal skirmish discounts.
  • There are no Rohan heroes to provide support.
  • Thanks to the bugged armory, the Rohan units cannot be upgraded.
  • The units of the Rohan Herald do not have their stats balanced appropriately to 4.2, and are weak by its standards.
To fix this I would suggest adding heroes first of all, and reducing the cost and command point requirements of Rohan units to make them more desirable.

I'm not sure what this crash bug you are talking about is, but me and my friends played just fine for over an hour last time we played.

Finally, the Evil Men camps Fire Arrows still do crazy high damage to everything. That's all the things I can think of for now :)
Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Fell deeds awake: fire and slaughter! Spear shall be shaken! Shield shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises! Ride now! Ride now! Ride, ride to ruin, and the worlds ending! FORTH EORLINGAS!

Glorfindel23

• Edain Team
  • Veteran von Khazad-Dûm
« Antwort #89 am: 31. Jan 2016, 09:44 »
The Fountain Guards stats are still terrible. I have no idea why you increased the price to freaking 2500(!!!!!) when the units STATS are WORSE than the normal Tower Guards! You trying to troll the defender or something?

I will fix the stats of those units and for other suggestions and corrections I'm working.