29. Mär 2024, 08:02 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: The fate of The Blue Wizards  (Gelesen 4365 mal)

Ronald95

• Gast
The fate of The Blue Wizards
« am: 21. Jan 2016, 16:58 »
Since inns are now removed I have always wondered: what happened to the the blue wizards? Are they removed or going to be added to an upcoming faction?

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
Re: The fate of The Blue Wizards
« Antwort #1 am: 21. Jan 2016, 17:12 »
Since inns are now removed I have always wondered: what happened to the the blue wizards? Are they removed or going to be added to an upcoming faction?

The fate of the Blue Wizards in the Edain Mod is a bit, how to say it, suspended  :)

I think that they are not removed at all, they just need a more suitable place to be included into, within the Edain Mod's structure.
Also because, I honestly don't see so far any appropriate place for them among the current and remaining factions.

In the lore, the destiny of the Blue Wizards is unknown after they decided to journey to the far East of Middle Earth before the beginning of the War of the Ring, where they are said to have presumably founded magical cults among the wild and 'less civilised' Human tribes of those lands (not necessarily evil, but also not so friendly towards the Free People as well); their fate is completely unknown after that, and it's also highly unlikely that they were eventually allowed to return to Aman after the events of LOTR, since they had theoretically failed their mission as well, or not actively accomplished it like Gandalf.

Therefore, I think that we will see them in another new faction...
But, definitely, this is something beyond the current plan to finish the Mod itself with all the planned factions.
We should definitely wait for further official and specific news.
« Letzte Änderung: 24. Jan 2016, 04:48 von DieWalküre »

Aragorn_Frodo

• Thain des Auenlandes
  • Have No Fear, ARAGORN_FRODO Is Here!
« Antwort #2 am: 21. Jan 2016, 17:28 »
Personally, I never really liked the blue wizards in 3.81.  They were an interesting concept, but I thought they made game play un-enjoyable a lot of the time for me.  I think the team still wants them to be mod somewhere in the future, so all you have to do is wait.  :)  Also, I THINK, I'm not sure, I think I heard one of the team say somewhere that they will be implemented with Imladris.

AmosVogel

• Gastwirt zu Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 10. Feb 2016, 17:37 »
They are already implemented in the game in the most perfect way for them (yet we dont know about the blue ones - there is a whisper at Moddb that says Gnomi said they´re gonna be at imladris, which im not quite convinced at all, but anyways).

This topic is more aesthetic, because there are things that could be improved just changing them a bit.

Gandalf the White (ring form):

*By now his name is 'Gandalf the Challenge Master' & im not quite sure if thats the intention of the name. Maybe he could be called 'Gandalf the Enlighted One' or 'Heavenly Gandalf'

Saruman:

*He is called just that way, no titles at all -when the other wizards got their respectives titles: Grey-White; Brown; Blue-. Maybe he could use the very same system as Gandalf > When we summon him he is called 'Gandalf the Grey' - When we purchase his evolution, he is automatically called 'Gandalf the White'.

So it would be nice if 'Saruman is called the White' & after his evolution 'Saruman of Many Colors'

*The same for his ring forms. Gandalf changes his name in the description but not Saruman.

*Also his wormtongue power doesnt fit to the character, neither the image neither the name. It must be a differet image & a different name > The voice of Saruman.

*The same way when he is 'Saruman the Corrupted' the description says: The White wizard uses... when he is no longer the White wizard.

Hope this could help in one way or another!

Once he got Divine authority over the Istari, but he fell from light & cursed himself into oblivion. Yet he still got
"Viva México"

UlfricStormcloak148

• Pförtner von Bree
  • Celebwen The Silver Maiden
« Antwort #4 am: 10. Feb 2016, 17:42 »
Why don't you wait until Edain Team released every faction hmm ? After all after that we should have the Hero Submod

Walküre

• Edain Unterstützer
  • Hoher König von Gondor
« Antwort #5 am: 10. Feb 2016, 17:57 »
It's true, it would be better waiting a bit before developing specific proposals about them.
That said, it already exists a thread that deals with this matter, in the Edain Discussion section.
I will merge this topic with that one, in order to continue this debate in form of a general discussion, for now.
We will see what the future will reveal us  :)

In that discussion, I already left an explanatory comment; but, adding to it, I will also post again what I wrote on ModDB about the Blue Wizards and the reasons of my disapproval in case they were really implemented in Imladris.

Zitat
As I already wrote, it's not that they are really 'evil'.
The problem is that they moved to the wild and distant eastern regions of Middle Earth before the beginning of the War of the Ring, and, as you wrote, eventually neglected their mission for mysterious reasons, even though we could speculate that they must have grown too fond and attached to those Human tribes, so that this relationship ended up making them forget their real nature as Istari.

But, I agree with you.
They shouldn't belong to the Free People at all; especially to Imladris, characterised by being represented as the summary of all the holiest and most benevolent spirits at that time.
There is a 'marred' and ambiguous element about the Blue Wizards that doesn't convince me at all of their true intentions.