25. Apr 2024, 01:34 Hallo Gast.
Willkommen Gast. Bitte einloggen oder registrieren. Haben Sie Ihre Aktivierungs E-Mail übersehen?

Einloggen mit Benutzername, Passwort und Sitzungslänge. Hierbei werden gemäß Datenschutzerklärung Benutzername und Passwort verschlüsselt für die gewählte Dauer in einem Cookie abgelegt.

Select Boards:

Language:

Autor Thema: Dwarven Concepts and Feedback  (Gelesen 5285 mal)

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Dwarven Concepts and Feedback
« am: 16. Sep 2010, 14:54 »
Ok,the edain community is mostly composed by german players,however there are many people that don't speak german at all as well.I know that probably the feedback from the german sections is more,and probably these sections aren't gonna be  used a lot,however i definitely think that organizing the english section won't be that bad.So,instead of opening discussions(even tough a few)about the most disparate things,it would be good if english users would speak here,instead of providing no feedback at all.

I didn't open this thread only to say this,i have a proposal about dwarves,more precisely about the Dwarven Citadel.

Now,in 3.3 there was a power that made every unit in a certain radius(i think it was 300)invulnerable for 60 seconds.That was completely imbalanced,and so was deleted in 3.4.It was replaced again by the dwarven citadel.This power is really often underestimated,and even when it'll be as good as hearthquake,most people will still take the second,just because a building destroyer is better than a building summon.
However,i have some ideas about the citadel.A citadel is basically a weaker fort,but now it isn't stronger than an isengard citadel,except it has more health.
The health should be increased to 9000(im not sure if its normal armor is the same of the fortress,if it isn't so it should).Then,I suggest to add 3 upgrades.Banners(it would cost 1500),granting +50% armor,double gained experience and healing(radius 300),dwarven stonework(cost 2000,radius 500),and flaming munitions(cost 1000).The default catapult should be a mighty catapult(180 seconds recharge),and the citadel would have a DwarvenHammer,the effect is like the normal one with a 30 seconds recharge(this is to replace the oil casks).The citadel would still be able to be garrisoned and to recruit builders,but in addition it could recruit heroes and  purchasing banners would unlock a new menu.From there you must choose one between the two builders of the minifactions you didn't take at start.After you purchased one you will not be able to purchase the reamaining one even if you have a second citadel.Only 2 additional builders can be recruited,and they can't build siegeworks.(not necessary)The citadel only grants 500 radius to build walls.The citadel won't be able to be expanded with halls(to avoid camping with a 12 MoD citadel,the citadel itself is garrisonable and grants more experience) or wall hubs.Instead,there will be a new expansion,undermine,just like goblins' burrows(cost 250).The citadel grants 30 resources every six seconds and 150 cp.

Edit : i added the builder system after writing all the rest,as i wasn't sure and i don't think it is really needed.So,you can simply ignore it because it doesn't belong to the original concept.
« Letzte Änderung: 7. Dez 2010, 20:11 von TheMostBurning »

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
Re:Dwarven Concepts and Feedback
« Antwort #1 am: 16. Sep 2010, 21:55 »
An other idea that i think could work well is about the Mineshaft from Khazad Dhum(i don't remember the exact name nor the translation).
This building is only allowed after purchasing the Moria's power and the appropriate upgrade from the inn(500).For 800 we have a building from which we can build these improved mineshafts,that grants 30 resources(every six seconds?)each one.The interesting,as logical,fact about them is that they need to be build in proximity of a mountain.
This is a very similar mechanic to the lumber mills' one,as those only work near trees(yes,laborers will walk anywhere to find a tree to cut,but it's intended that players build them near trees :P).So here is my idea.Make Moria Mineshaft just like lumber mills,they would work with laborers(but there would be no more than five)each one granting 10/20/40 resources every six seconds.This would make more sense than how they are now,and will add a unique feature to the dwarven faction.The design could be improved as well.
« Letzte Änderung: 16. Sep 2010, 21:57 von TheMostBurning »

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #2 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:41 »
and destroy the Uniqueness of the Dwarfen Mines from Moria?

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #3 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:45 »
Destroy?No,I only suggest to add laborers and a production rate that increases with level.As they are now they aren't really useful,as they are hard to reach and they just give the same amount of resources a level 3 RB does,plus they are bugged.

Shagrat

• Reisender nach Valinor
  • We are the... äh... THE KLATCHIAN FOREIGN LEGION
« Antwort #4 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:46 »
and? that is a massive res bosst, especialy, you become also other bonuses with the Spell:
Balin, mithril and Khazad-Dum Veterans

It was at the Survivor Series that the dark path of the Undertaker was born. It seems like an eternity ago that the demons of hell passed judgement on the mortal world and unleashed a creature of the night so powerful that the mention of it's very name sends shivers down to the spines of who oppose him
You look into the eyes of the Reaper and you'll see that your fate is sealed!

Sollten Banner und Avatar nicht Synchron sein, einfach mal mit Strg + F5 aktualisiern

Leiter des HdR-Matchup-Threads

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #5 am: 16. Sep 2010, 22:50 »
Im only referring to the KD mineshafts.
A lvl3 KDM would produce more than the one of now,but it would need some time to level up(lumber mills generally level up faster than normal RB,so mineshaft would).

Anyway,what do you think about the citadel?
« Letzte Änderung: 17. Sep 2010, 12:13 von TheMostBurning »

Lord of Arnor

• Lehenfürst
  • All men play on 10!
« Antwort #6 am: 17. Sep 2010, 19:03 »
The idea of upgrades for the citadel is nice. I would like that, especially because I'm a huge fan of this spell. Of course the team had to make sure that the upgraded citadel would not be  imbalanced, but it's a quite cool suggestion.
But I don't think that new builders are necessary; Dain already has an ability for getting the other factions units, and I think that's enough, because the decision at the beginning of the game should still be the determing factor for the gameplay.

greetings

Lord of Arnor
Zitat
Pluralismus heißt: Ich bin nicht Jesus!
<br /><br />

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #7 am: 17. Sep 2010, 19:33 »
I agree about builders,i wasn't really sure about that,but i thought that I could propose it anyway.The citadel is too underpowered and i hate this,cause it has the potential to be one of the most useful power in the game.
However,i thought that only improving it would have been imba,so i nerfed it.

About the moria mineshafts they don't provide more resources than a normal one,and often they provide 25 or less.The building process and placement is also bugged.
« Letzte Änderung: 18. Sep 2010, 12:41 von TheMostBurning »

TheMostBurning

• Pförtner von Bree
« Antwort #8 am: 7. Dez 2010, 23:18 »
Dwarves are a faction based on slow and strong melee units.The edge of their strenght is constitued by its particularly powerful heroes.
Often dwarven heroes were said,because of their power,to be imbalanced.
However,I'm not here to say they should be nerfed,but to propose some changes.

Recruitment

Dwarven heroes will be still recruited from the fortress,but they will need the related  buildings to be unlocked.
Gloin is recruitable as long as the player has a SiegeWorks.
Dain and Gimli need a Hall of Warriors.
Thorin can be recruited if Durin's Mausoleum has already been built.
Balin is allowed by Expedition to Khazad-Dûm.

Dwarven Realms

Ered Luin,Iron Hills,Erebor.They are the 3 greatest faction of the Dwarves which fought in the War of the Ring.
Each of them bring to the battlefield their own fighting styles,weapons,armor,enginery and so on.

All Dwarven heroes(but Balin,which anyway used to live in Erebor before the expedition to Khazad-Dûm) used to live in Erebor during the end of the third age.
When we purchase Ered Luin or Iron Hills,it's like they are received in the ranks of that faction,even though they lived in different places.
So,it's simply logical that any dwarven hero(e.g. Gloin) would use Ered Luin weapons,mail and armor when fighting together with dwarves from Ered Luin.
Effectively one could say that in mithology heroes used to wield their own weapons and armors,but nothing can be perfect 8-|

In short,each realm gives its own bonuses to the heroes(Gloin,Dain,Gimli,Thorin,Balin).
Ered Luin give +20% armor,-15% speed and -15% damage.
Iron Hills give +15% damage,+15% speed and -20% armor.
Erebor allows to ignore fortress armor upgrades and gives -15% damage to units and heroes.

This would increase the importance of the choice between realms,which would be more incisive for the gameplay.

Several little changes to heroes.These are intended to increase their uniqueness in the game,and to help balance.

Gloin

Lord from the Lonely Mountain(Level 3)

Gloin uses his engineering skills to better coordinate siege engines.Near Dwarven siege units get +30% attack speed and range.Ered Luin demolisher's Deploy ability cast time is reduced by 100%.

Hammer of Destruction(Level 10)

Recharge time increased to 240 seconds.

Dain

Leadership(Level 1)

+25% damage and armor for near units from level 1.Fear and terror resistance from level 5.

Stubborn Pride(Level 7)

Targeted heroes or units receive permanent double experience rate,until dead.Casted on a single unit.Cooldown 3 minutes.

Gathering of the Dwarven Realms(Level 10)

Iron Hills Rune Masters are now recruitable.

Virssagon

• Thain des Auenlandes
« Antwort #9 am: 20. Nov 2011, 14:21 »
i think rune masters should still be recruited in the hallof warriors